PDA

View Full Version : Train kills two Cameron athletes

Cameronbystander
01-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Just before 5:00 pm two of Cameron's football players tried to beat a train and lost. Both were killed. Quite a few of the team (my son included) are at the fieldhouse trying to get through this.
The fall sports banquet is this weekend. Please pray for the families of all of the Cameron players.

HornetMom
01-27-2004, 08:26 PM
CHS_CG(my daughter), FB_gurl, and I were at the game in Cameron when they called it. Our prayers go out to the family and friends of these two kids. We, too, are well aware of what your community is going through having lost a senior a couple of months ago.

Rabbit'93
01-27-2004, 08:26 PM
how horrible. My prayers for your community and the young people there.

marlin fan
01-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Their families are in my prayers... Its sad to hear about young kids dieing, i heard that the two boys were in my grade.

<small>[ January 27, 2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

BHKrystal06
01-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Oh that's horrible! I just lost a close friend to almost the same thing.. My prayers are w/ the families and friends.

Cameronbystander
01-27-2004, 08:38 PM
The train that hit the boys was a BNSF passenger train going to Houston for the Super Bowl.

CHS_CG
01-27-2004, 08:38 PM
As my mother said, we were at the game. It was not even the end of the 1st period when we found out and they called the game. To all Cameron people my heart is with you guys! Yall were here for Caldwell and Caldwell is here for yall!

CHS_Drummer04
01-27-2004, 08:49 PM
My prayers go out to the families and friends of the two who died. I know how much it hurts when someone so young dies so suddenly because it hasn't been three months since Caldwell lost a very active member of the senior class. Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to the town of Cameron tonight.

Bell_06
01-27-2004, 08:59 PM
I honestly can not imagine the pain that you are feeling tonight. Our prayers are with you, your family and your community.

<small>[ January 27, 2004, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Bell_06 ]</small>

CentralTxFan
01-27-2004, 09:28 PM
God Bless the boys, their parents, families and friends! My prayers are with you Cameron.

CHS_CG
01-27-2004, 10:22 PM
I know this is a hard time but If anybody knows the names of the young men could yall let me know.. I have a friend from Rockdale that is friends with plenty of people from Cameron.

Old Tiger
01-27-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear of this tragedy, 2 young men/athletes lives cut short because of a decision they made. May they RIP. My thoughts and prayers go out to theri families.

SintonFan
01-27-2004, 10:29 PM
We will pray for them and their families tonight... a tragic experience for all involved.

Old Tiger
01-27-2004, 10:30 PM
CHS_CG:
I know this is a hard time but If anybody knows the names of the young men could yall let me know.. I have a friend from Rockdale that is friends with plenty of people from Cameron.Brian Reinders and Travis Mueck

Old Tiger
01-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Cameron Newspaper (http://www.cameronherald.com/)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Rockdale's prayers and thoughts are with the two families...what a shame, only 17 years old.....

Bigblue07
01-27-2004, 10:58 PM
im almost positive my friend from wimberley whos last name is mueck has family in cameron. i was with him 20 mins ag and he doesnt know. this horrible. i think its his cousin !

JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL06
01-27-2004, 11:28 PM
God Bless the whole community and my prayers will be with the friends and families of those two...very sad tragedy frown

ej2525
01-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Sorry to hear that terrible news!! They are in my thoughts!

Old No. 7
01-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Cameron, sorry to hear about your loss. Brian and Travis's families and friends are in my prayers.

BrahmaMom
01-28-2004, 07:57 AM
My prayers go out to the families, friends, and community of Cameron as they grieve. May Travis and Brian not die in vain. Please, you young drivers, the train usually wins--and look who all loses. A parent's worst nightmare has come true for two families. We all know how wonderful and tough and smart and good you all are, don't try to prove it to a train, or 18 wheeler, or even another car. Be careful and buckle up, too. God bless those young men and their families and friends.

Bandera YaYa
01-28-2004, 02:03 PM
What a horrible tragedy to happen to two so young. Always remember just how precious life is and always protect yourselves as best you can. Taking chances are just not worth it. May God pour his love and healing to the families and friends of the two boys. I am so sad for you all.

fball4life
01-28-2004, 02:08 PM
My Prayers are with everyone! God Bless the families and Friends.

Ranger Mom
01-28-2004, 02:21 PM
What a terrible tragedy for these families and the community!!

In the article, it says the boys probably never saw the train because of the sun, so maybe they weren't trying to beat it afterall!

Is the crossing not equipped with the arms that come down and block the road? If not, I just think that is crazy to have a crossing in or around a town without them.

Several years back the trains going through Midland has a set speed limit, for some reason, that is no longer so. I believe they can blow through town at whatever speed they feel like now. Anyway, when they took the set speed away, we had several residents die at the crossings where the arms weren't present. I believe all crossings in and around Midland are now equipped with these arms - as far as I can remember, we have not had another incident.

Cameronbystander
01-28-2004, 02:53 PM
In my first post I indicated that they were trying to beat the train (my son had told me this just after he found out about the accident). In reality, they had just dropped off another friend at the feed and seed. The crossing at this place has no lights or other warnings. This crossing is not used for through traffic.

Cameron has between 30 and 35 trains go through downtown daily. It was probably inevitable that a tragic accident like this would happen.

Bigblue07
01-28-2004, 04:41 PM
how did school in cameron go today? travis mueck is my friends second cousin !

CHS_CG
01-28-2004, 09:24 PM
I know in Caldwell we all thought about Brain and Travis. In one of the papers I read it said that the sun was setting behind the tracks(in their eyes) and the probably never even saw the train. My friends and I just think about how many young people have been killed lately, and its been too many. Please everybody becareful and just keep your eyes open! *something my dad always says: dont be soo much worried about how you yourself drives worry about how other people drive* our thoughts are with yall!

<small>[ January 28, 2004, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: CHS_CG ]</small>

20dawgz05
01-28-2004, 10:38 PM
thats really sad!!!... my prayers are with all of the town and the FAMILY!!! frown

VERNONLION#1
01-28-2004, 10:41 PM
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILIES AND TOWN OF CAMERON.

aamove
01-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Our thoughts and prayers will be with them also.

CHS_CG
01-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Today in school at Caldwell, durning activity period, Student Council went around with some cards and had a lot of people sign them. My friend*Fb_gurl* , Ronnie, and I started cards from the band and they should get sent to yall tomorrow. Caldwell still sents its prayers and thoughts to yall.

St. Ivender
01-30-2004, 09:31 AM
My family recently went through a similar tragedy. A young life snuffed out in its prime. People's lives are changed in an instant never to be the same again. Life is precious but it is like a vapor. Don't hesitate to tell your loved ones how much you love them.

RPM
01-30-2004, 03:41 PM
My prayers are with them and there family

BrahmaMom
01-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Good advice, St. Ivender. Things happen in the blink of an eye and life as we know it will never be the same again. My prayers continue for the family and community of those young men.