PDA

View Full Version : Mina ( Akins) Brees Passes Away

PhiI C
08-09-2009, 04:02 PM
This happened in Colorado. She was Drew Bree's (QB at San Diego and now at New Orleans Saints) mother. I know they had a not so good relationship but I hoped it was smoothed out in a positive way before it was too late. Her father was coach at Gregory-Portland where he had great success. I knew Mina when she was at Freer before she left right after her freshman year (which was just before my junior year) when they moved to Portland,TX. I last saw her in Portland when a friend of mine stopped for a visit right after she had graduated from high school in 1968 and was to leave for soon to college. I never saw her in person again. I did email her in 2006 wishing her the best in her campaign and she emailed me back thanking me (It was a personal email and not one that a campaign worker would do because she remembered things in Freer that only a former Freer resident would remember).
I think of her as Mina Akins in my memory when she was 18 when I last saw her.
I am sure the papers will mention this tomorrow. Perhaps GP83 and GP King will have more information.

This is a sad for me even though it is someone I haven't seen in person in over 40 years.

:(

Bull Butter
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I don't regularly speak ill of the deceased, but she was in the news as recently as last week, and it was not for good deeds.