PDA

View Full Version : A giant 3A Hi. School, Louisiana/Texas Softball Classic-one step closer to reality!

Old Cardinal
06-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Well the plans are in the works for the top three teams(2003 season) of each 3A District- in both 3A Classifications, from both Texas and Louisiana; to play a GIANT Tournament at the big Softball Complex in Beaumont some time, in next years preseason. It's envisioned that and invitation would be sent of all the 3A teams that qualify from BOTH States....Estimates are that approximately 80 teams would attend....I will keep you posted as to the progress of this effort! As you know, the Nationals(Select teams) of 18 & u will be in Beaumont again this summer, and Tommy Voss and crew, handle a 160 team effort very well each summer. So, even if the 3A LA/TX Classic drew 100 teams, the accommodations and infrastructure can handle the influx of 3A teams and spectators...

Phil C
06-02-2003, 03:30 PM
No I am at the right post and that is great news Old because it enables teams to play other teams outside their region. I hope it works out well.