PDA

View Full Version : Levels of Donations

Administrator
08-08-2009, 01:45 PM
In the past, we have tried to figure something to do for those who donate.. We have mentioned a Donating Member only forum, but it has been shot down
, and it would really serve no purpose on a sports board. So, with that being said, what is it that you, the members of 3ADL, want to do if you donate at certain levels? Would you just want to have some stars based upon your level of donation under your name for awhile showing that you recently donated?

Whatever the admins/moderators decide, if anything, will be based upon the amount received from the donation..

Old Dog
08-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I've always been satisfied with the "donating member" logo !

zebrablue2
08-08-2009, 03:10 PM
:iagree:

sinton66
08-08-2009, 03:45 PM
There are some extra priviledges we could grant.

Electus Unus
08-08-2009, 03:47 PM
sounds desperate

STANG RED
08-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I see nothing wrong with incintives, but have no idea what they should be. I'm also perfectly satisfied with the way it is now.

rockdale80
08-08-2009, 04:10 PM
How about the donating members have a voice in the making and enforcing of the rules? Perhaps they could vote on polls for new rules and existing rules. If the people of the board pay for it then I think they should have a say in how the board runs. Just an opinion....;)

Administrator
08-08-2009, 04:15 PM
If we were a PAID site, then yes, members would probably have a say in how things are run and some of the rules, however, since we are NOT requiring anyone to pay to access the site, it will still be run how Admins/Moderators see fit ;)

The new info on the pages helps YOU, the members, see the amount of money needed to run the board every month. If those funds dry up, then the site goes byebye.

If the majority is still happy with the donating member icon, then that's fine too.. We're just wanting to get an idea on what members would like to do, if it were permitted.

sinton66
08-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
How about the donating members have a voice in the making and enforcing of the rules? Perhaps they could vote on polls for new rules and existing rules. If the people of the board pay for it then I think they should have a say in how the board runs. Just an opinion....;)

They can voice their opinion anytime they want by sending us a pm.

rockdale80
08-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Administrator
If we were a PAID site, then yes, members would probably have a say in how things are run and some of the rules, however, since we are NOT requiring anyone to pay to access the site, it will still be run how Admins/Moderators see fit ;)

The new info on the pages helps YOU, the members, see the amount of money needed to run the board every month. If those funds dry up, then the site goes byebye.

If the majority is still happy with the donating member icon, then that's fine too.. We're just wanting to get an idea on what members would like to do, if it were permitted.

Well dont ask for ideas and then chastise me for offering one. Paid site or not, if it werent for donations then it wouldnt exist, so in fact the donating members are the financial backing for the site, and I think should have a say so. Again, you asked and I offered.

:)

sinton66
08-08-2009, 04:35 PM
They might have more influence than you think they do.

rockdale80
08-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
They might have more influence than you think they do.

I am not saying they dont. I just offered a thought...
I wasnt trying to stir anyone up. Just tossed something out there. ;)

Electus Unus
08-08-2009, 04:38 PM
They might have more influence than you think they do. doesn't seem like it at times.

Sinton 66....I have an idea for yall

how about a VIP forum for all donating members only ;)

sinton66
08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
doesn't seem like it at times.

We listen, doesn't guarantee we are going to agree. Believe it or not, a cross section of them were consulted before any of the rules were posted.

Sinton 66....I have an idea for yall

how about a VIP forum for all donating members only ;)[/B]

We've suggested that at least three times and were told they didn't want one.

IrishTex
08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Forgive me for not knowing this..but I would like to suggest an easier way of donating. I'm not trying to sound simplistic, but I really don't see where to donate.

Perhaps a seperate thread dedicated to just the subject of donating.

I sort of like the idea of a star level indicating the level of donation. Also, maybe have options other than Paypal. Just a suggestion...

Now a question:
Where can I donate?

UPDATE: OK, I see the donate button now...

sinton66
08-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Blue button at the top of the page. There is also a mailing address.

Trashman
08-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Well dont ask for ideas and then chastise me for offering one. Paid site or not, if it werent for donations then it wouldnt exist, so in fact the donating members are the financial backing for the site, and I think should have a say so. Again, you asked and I offered.

Lighten up Frances. He wasn't getting personal.:D

IrishTex
08-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Blue button at the top of the page. There is also a mailing address.

Thanks, may I have the mailing address please?

Looking4number8
08-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I see nothing wrong with incintives, but have no idea what they should be. I'm also perfectly satisfied with the way it is now.

+1

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2009, 06:20 PM
sounds desperate :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sinton66
08-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Thanks, may I have the mailing address please?

3A DOWNLOW DONATIONS
P.O. Box 201834
Austin, Tx. 78720-1834

pirate4state
08-09-2009, 07:54 PM
This new forum, is it available only to those who have recently donated??

sinton66
08-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This new forum, is it available only to those who have recently donated??

Should be currently available to any Donating member.

bp80884
08-09-2009, 11:12 PM
So,
what are typical donations? If possible, I would like to donate as this site is one I spend a lot of time on.

However, I am not sure I can afford it. They always say if you gotta ask you can't afford it. However, I feel like asking will tell me if this is something feasible or not.

R3Editor
08-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
So,
what are typical donations? If possible, I would like to donate as this site is one I spend a lot of time on.

However, I am not sure I can afford it. They always say if you gotta ask you can't afford it. However, I feel like asking will tell me if this is something feasible or not.
No donation is too small, from what I've been told. :)

CHS_CG
08-10-2009, 01:11 AM
sounds desperate

said the one who's been here for years (under other names) and hasn't donated...

AggiesAreWe
08-10-2009, 07:08 AM
I will say I was very suprised when I saw how little it took to run this site monthly. Under $150 is very cheap. I just assumed it cost you guys more. The site that I am an admin on costs way more a month to run but it does have more bells and whistles and our server is probably much bigger. Two of our sister sites run off of it too and we broadcast about 12 football games every Friday night from those sites.

You guys should have no problem making the bills here each month. You are definetly getting good bang for your buck.

jason
08-10-2009, 07:38 AM
So,

i think i made a $5 donation like 4 years ago....

BILLYFRED0000
08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
3A DOWNLOW DONATIONS
P.O. Box 201834
Austin, Tx. 78720-1834

Thanks. Checks in the mail. Seriously. It will be once I get past buying all this gear for football this year.....

sinton66
08-11-2009, 09:59 PM
So,

Every bit helps. There really is no set amount, it's just what each person is comfortable with. Basically, I'd say the average donation has been around $20.00 every year or two, but that's just kind of an educated guess.

sinton66
08-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I will say I was very suprised when I saw how little it took to run this site monthly. Under $150 is very cheap. I just assumed it cost you guys more. The site that I am an admin on costs way more a month to run but it does have more bells and whistles and our server is probably much bigger. Two of our sister sites run off of it too and we broadcast about 12 football games every Friday night from those sites.

You guys should have no problem making the bills here each month. You are definetly getting good bang for your buck.

It's cheaper than others because we bought our own server and so far only pay for a co-lo host. We'd love to get into webcasting. Just haven't been able to find a sponsor for it.

Emerson1
08-12-2009, 01:33 AM
It's cheaper than others because we bought our own server and so far only pay for a co-lo host. We'd love to get into webcasting. Just haven't been able to find a sponsor for it.
justin.tv or ustream.com ftw!

lulu
08-12-2009, 07:14 PM
The Downlow provides a lot of entertainment for not much investment. We're lucky to have it IMO.

Thanks to those of you who make it possible.

Emerson1
08-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Has the paypal symbol disappeared?

Ranger Mom
08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

I know there is one on the bottom of the home page.

pirate4state
08-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/top_donate.gif

Emerson1
08-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know there is one on the bottom of the home page.
we have a home page?

BuckeyeNut
08-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I am glade i found this site great place to see what is going on around the state.

lulu
08-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
I am glade i found this site great place to see what is going on around the state.

Flag I love that thingey on your page. Tell me how lulu

BuckeyeNut
08-18-2009, 04:48 PM
dont ask me it was all Ranger Mom

lulu
08-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
dont ask me it was all Ranger Mom

Oh heck. I guess I'll have to do without. That's ok..I'll just admire yours and be jealous.

Ranger Mom
08-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Oh heck. I guess I'll have to do without. That's ok..I'll just admire yours and be jealous.

I am writing up a directional PM to you right now..lol

lulu
08-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am writing up a directional PM to you right now..lol

What a gal!!!