PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Buffaloes

Milk That Cow
08-07-2009, 06:15 PM
How's the transfer looking?

Did the baseball players decide to keep playing football?

zebrablue2
08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
U know they did!!!

1st and goal
08-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I have no "inside" connection but I believe Trey and Rush have decided to focus on baseball. I was hoping they would change their mind and play but I respect their decision. I miss the mom posting good "scoop" here online. Maybe she still will.

I bet it will be hard for them to not be in the game once the season starts. I will miss their atheleticism and competitive efforts. Heck, Rush was the best cheerleader inside the track.

Anyway, I hope the coach will open up the offense more to passing, especially if the new guy can throw as good as they say he can. He's 6' 2" 203lbs. Played last year at 4A Magnolia and they went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs. We definitely have some speedsters to throw to.

On the other hand, next years baseball team will be one of the best in state if healthy. (We only lost 2 guys on the starting team.) So far, Trey has an offer from Texas Tech and I believe Kmoch has an offer from A&M. Whooop! Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gators17
08-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I have no "inside" connection but I believe Trey and Rush have decided to focus on baseball. I was hoping they would change their mind and play but I respect their decision. I miss the mom posting good "scoop" here online. Maybe she still will.

I bet it will be hard for them to not be in the game once the season starts. I will miss their atheleticism and competitive efforts. Heck, Rush was the best cheerleader inside the track.

Anyway, I hope the coach will open up the offense more to passing, especially if the new guy can throw as good as they say he can. He's 6' 2" 203lbs. Played last year at 4A Magnolia and they went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs. We definitely have some speedsters to throw to.

On the other hand, next years baseball team will be one of the best in state if healthy. (We only lost 2 guys on the starting team.) So far, Trey has an offer from Texas Tech and I believe Kmoch has an offer from A&M. Whooop! Correct me if I'm wrong.
It's Ty Marlow that has an offer from Texas A&M, Kmoch was one of the two graduating seniors.

And from your post, I'm guessing Fitzhenry's son isn't starting? A little birdie told me he was pretty athletic and would be on the varsity this year - what happened to that?

gtownfan
08-08-2009, 07:53 AM
They have an intra-squad scrimmage this morning. Will be nice to see how they filled the line and the new quarterback.

Here is a video I found on him:

http://www.ualist.com/video/video/9IGTfuOPryA/Connor-Wehr-QB.html

Looks like Magnolia ran the option, so it won't be a stretch to learn our offense.

zebrablue2
08-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
They have an intra-squad scrimmage this morning. Will be nice to see how they filled the line and the new quarterback.

Here is a video I found on him:

http://www.ualist.com/video/video/9IGTfuOPryA/Connor-Wehr-QB.html

Looks like Magnolia ran the option, so it won't be a stretch to learn our offense.

good looking qb. how did he end up in giddings??

1st and goal
08-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up on Ty (instead of Kmoch). Sorry Ty. Can't wait to see you playing for the ags.

Video looks good! I'm exited about our team this year (as usual). I know we lost a bunch of talent on the offensive line.

I believe Brock's younger brother is only a sophomore??? So, It'll be interesting to see how they utilize him. I hope he's fast like his big brother.:)

1st and goal
08-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
good looking qb. how did he end up in giddings??

The paper said he's cousins with Colby Wollin who is a senior starter at Linebacker.

Additup
08-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Anyway, I hope the coach will open up the offense more to passing...
Your opponents hope so too because your run game is SALTY. Hard to stop them buffs from gaining 3-4 yards for 3 plays in a row. An incomplete pass or two may help stop some drives. ;)

1st and goal
08-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Additup
Your opponents hope so too because your run game is SALTY. Hard to stop them buffs from gaining 3-4 yards for 3 plays in a row. An incomplete pass or two may help stop some drives. ;)
I know, I know, it just adds a bit of exitement when there aren't 22 players in the box.

KONGZILLA
08-09-2009, 06:20 AM
just watched video kid can run too....and over people....200 lbs.

he be just a fit at giddings

TRENCHES06
08-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Is he eligible to play Varsity?

1st and goal
08-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Is he eligible to play Varsity?

Why wouldn't he be able to play? We aren't used to getting transfers unless they are the coach's kids. This ain't college...

I'm guessing they would've thought thru all the issues.

Pudlugger
08-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I can remember two instances where La Grange had move ins of players that were starting material and capable of improving the team significantly(2000 and 2002). Both kids moved in with non paternal family members(an Aunt and a Grandmother IIRC). The UIL took over 4 weeks into the season to grant them eligibility.

I understand this player has a cousin on the team. If he moved to Giddings with his parents there shouldn't be a problem. If he moved in with a relative then the UIL probably will take a real close look at this.

DCTF has him as the #2 Qb from Magnolia at 6'2" 185lbs BTW. He looked sharp on the video as a drop back passer. He can run pretty good too but not as fast as recent Giddings qbs.

Did his moving in have anything to do with the Giddings seniors not coming out this year? Just asking.

TRENCHES06
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Why wouldn't he be able to play? We aren't used to getting transfers unless they are the coach's kids. This ain't college...

I'm guessing they would've thought thru all the issues.

You gotta get though UIL if they didn't move with the parentals

fanofthegame
08-09-2009, 06:03 PM
my understanding dad retired, and mom and dad moving to giddings (smaller town) and has a brother playing at blinn

dachosenone
08-14-2009, 05:33 PM
The coach prolly recruited him like they do most of the time. I hope some of the other teams in the district start catching on.

buffalo2006
08-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Yes we recruit out of the womb here

zebrablue2
08-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
Yes we recruit out of the womb here

:ack!::eek:

KONGZILLA
08-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
The coach prolly recruited him like they do most of the time. I hope some of the other teams in the district start catching on.

yeah me too, maybe they will learn how to recruit..........

u 2 funny

:D
:devil:
:thinking:

u fuigure it out yet einenstein

1st and goal
08-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Does anyone know if they scrimmaged and how it went?

dachosenone
08-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by KONGZILLA
yeah me too, maybe they will learn how to recruit..........

u 2 funny

:D
:devil:
:thinking:

u fuigure it out yet einenstein

Thanks, I here Im a pretty good entertainer.

1st and goal
08-15-2009, 08:39 PM
I BEN AWAITIN FOR BOCEPHUS TO REAR HIS HEAD AND SHO HISSELF OFF ON THIS BOARD. I DUN SEENT HE STOPPED A FUED ABOUT THOZ 2 YUNG FELLERS NOT PLAYIN. NOW IM A NEEDIN HIM TO HELP WID DA TRASH TALK. I LIKE HIS STYLE.

WHAR ARE YA BO? PUT DAT BEER DOWN A COTTON PICKIN MINUTE AND TYPE US SOME HYPE.

44INAROW
08-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I BEN AWAITIN FOR BOCEPHUS TO REAR HIS HEAD AND SHO HISSELF OFF ON THIS BOARD. I DUN SEENT HE STOPPED A FUED ABOUT THOZ 2 YUNG FELLERS NOT PLAYIN. NOW IM A NEEDIN HIM TO HELP WID DA TRASH TALK. I LIKE HIS STYLE.

WHAR ARE YA BO? PUT DAT BEER DOWN A COTTON PICKIN MINUTE AND TYPE US SOME HYPE.

oh, he's been here