PDA

View Full Version : FANS Most Anticipated Game

SHSBulldog00
08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
What match up are the fans waiting to see this year on your schedule?

Sept 25TH

Bay City @ Sweeny

Bay City will make their first trip to Sweeny that I can remember over 30 years at least (if ever). Bay City won the game last year.

HEMOTOXIC
08-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Navasota @ Bellville (Just because it Nav & Bellville):D

Rockdale @ Navasota (possibly for the district title)

Pudlugger
08-06-2009, 07:18 PM
La Grange v Giddings at Lep Stadium. Last year the Buffs squeaked by a td. This year they play in our house and the Leps are loaded for buffalo.:mad:

Emerson1
08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
The first home game week 1 because it's the first home game and it's the first game I'll get to go to

Trashman
08-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Graham at Brownwood for homecoming:devil: :devil: :devil:

I have this feeling that Graham is a paper tiger......er steer.:D

navscanmaster
08-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Rudder, Cameron, and Rockdale at Navasota, because they are the only home games we have the whole year, even after we cancelled two last year. Thanks Ike.:mad:

d0tc0m
08-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Celina - Daingerfield or Celina - Prosper (homecoming)

both were losses for the Bobcats last year, and I'm anxious to see how hungry this team is to put a W beside both of those games.

Looking4number8
08-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Graham at Brownwood for homecoming:devil: :devil: :devil:

I have this feeling that Graham is a paper tiger......er steer.:D

Serious Post Alert

Honestly, I am just ready to get this season under way and get some redemption for last years sad showing. I have faith we will bounce back and regain our Lion pride this year

charlesrixey
08-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m

both were losses for the Bobcats last year, and I'm anxious to see how hungry this team is to put a W beside both of those games.

+1

d0tc0m
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
You gonna get to make it to very many this year Rixey?

charlesrixey
08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
You gonna get to make it to very many this year Rixey?

i will be down there in december again, so hopefully i get to see a couple :)

d0tc0m
08-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Haha I sure hope you get to see a few games too Rixey, that'll be good news for the Bobcats if you do. I'm not sure how many I'm going to be able to make, I know Prosper for sure. I'm gonna get to see them practice on Saturday, and that may be my last time to see em for a while. I sure hope they come out on fire this season.

KONGZILLA
08-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Week 0, Aug. 28- Giddings @ Liberty Hill

pirate4state
08-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Aug 28th vs. Goliad

but after that the 2 games I am really excited to see are @ Mathis & Ingleside :D

bleacherbum
08-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Sept. 18 - Cuero @ Bay City
Sept. 25 - Cuero vs. La Vernia

BuckeyeNut
08-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Gilmer Vs Kilgore

This one alot of people are waiting to see

Ex-Tiger2005
08-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Snyder @ Sweetwater!!! Always and forever and im anxious to see the renovations cuz they look really good.

44INAROW
08-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by bleacherbum
Sept. 25 - Cuero vs. La Vernia

That Cuero vs La Vernia game IN CUERO is going to be electric...... GO MEAN GREEN ;)

cshscougar08
08-07-2009, 10:42 AM
China Spring vs. Mexia will be the big game for us. Should be a good one at home. Of course trojan37 will comment on this and say how bad Mexia will beat us. :rolleyes:

In other classes, Allen vs. Euless Trinity should be a dandy.

And I will get the opportunity to go the the Jenks vs. Union game in Tulsa in September. That should be pretty exciting as well.

injuredinmelee
08-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Gilmer Vs Kilgore

This one alot of people are waiting to see

I was at this game last year. Kilgore had sooooooooooo much speed.

Electus Unus
08-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Rockdale/Cameron
Rockdale/Navasota
Navasota/Cameron

AggiesAreWe
08-08-2009, 05:32 AM
Friday, Oct. 9

First district game

#3 WOS @ #10 Silsbee

(rankings from TexasHSFootball.com)

Also Silsbee's homecoming.

Pancake_Block
08-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Friday, Oct. 9

First district game

#3 WOS @ #10 Silsbee

(rankings from TexasHSFootball.com)

Also Silsbee's homecoming.

Should be one of the top games in the state that night.

RedWhiteBlue
08-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Every single game!!

WildTexan972
08-09-2009, 10:47 PM

I'd like to see Celina beat D'field this year just for grins, but the game itself does not really matter.....but now the Prosper game is another matter.....those green-clad wish they wore orange guys will be in town in DROVES and will fill up all the parking spaces before 6pm I am sure.....this may be the largest crowd EVER for a football game in Celina in history....

easttexas3a
08-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Kilgore going to Gilmer, where Gilmer hasn't lost in like 6 or 7 years, something like that.

Gilmer played badly in that game turning the ball over 4 times, in a game in which they even had an extra point blocked that Kilgore took back for two points. Things just did not go right.

If gilmer is as good as we think they are they will win this game, if they lose, Gilmer may not be as good as we think, since Kilgore lost a large majority of that team.

It's worth taking note that Carthage also plays Kilgore, will be interesting to see how that one turns out.

d0tc0m
08-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
I'd like to see Celina beat D'field this year just for grins, but the game itself does not really matter.....but now the Prosper game is another matter.....those green-clad wish they wore orange guys will be in town in DROVES and will fill up all the parking spaces before 6pm I am sure.....this may be the largest crowd EVER for a football game in Celina in history....

Yeah I just want Butch to finally get the best of those east texas boys. The prosper game is going to be HUGE, but the crowd won't come close to the Celina/Gainesville crowd of '02, that was insane! I got to see the boys put the pads on saturday, I was impressed with the size of our lines, could be interesting!

Hey chscougar, that CS - Mexia game is going to be a good one. Everyone's pushing mexia as a darkhorse, and I just can't buy into it until they prove something, and that game will be a good test for them. I'm also going to the Jenks - Union game this year too, should be good as always.

Old Green
08-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by bleacherbum
Sept. 25 - Cuero vs. La Vernia +1:2thumbsup

Ex-Tiger2005
08-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Every single game!!

Especially when district starts!

Balcones fault
08-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Liberty Hill v. Wimberly in October might be worth the short drive north, though I've got more historical interest in Celina v Prosper. Its great that Celina has a worthy district rival since Pilot Point's program became mediocre (in comparison).

I tried to convince my then Prosper 9th grade daughter to put green food coloring and detergent into that fountain south of Celina back in '06, but she wouldn't do it. :D

Gators17
08-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Giddings vs. Liberty Hill
Bellville vs. Giddings
Bellville vs. Sealy

waterboy
08-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Kilgore going to Gilmer, where Gilmer hasn't lost in like 6 or 7 years, something like that.

Gilmer played badly in that game turning the ball over 4 times, in a game in which they even had an extra point blocked that Kilgore took back for two points. Things just did not go right.

If gilmer is as good as we think they are they will win this game, if they lose, Gilmer may not be as good as we think, since Kilgore lost a large majority of that team.

It's worth taking note that Carthage also plays Kilgore, will be interesting to see how that one turns out.
Did you go to the "Meet the Buckeyes" rally at Buckeye Stadium Saturday night? Coach Traylor has stated the motto this year is "Code Red" . The reason being the only two teams that beat the Buckeyes last year were wearing red, Kilgore and Carthage. I'm anxious to get the season started! I'll bet the Buckeyes will be plenty good. We'll see how good as the season progresses. I heard the defense is very strong this year, even better than last year. I certainly hope that is true. If it is, look out 3A! One game at a time, though. Just WIN!

ziggy29
08-10-2009, 02:22 PM
There's going to be a lot of big games in District 8. It looks like there will be four potentially Top 25-caliber teams going after three playoff spots there, and every game between them is going to be huge...