PDA

View Full Version : Some Stupid things in Sports

Farmersfan
08-06-2009, 01:24 PM
In an interview with The Examiner magizine Vince Young made the following statement:

"I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame."

I have a hard time seeing this as anything except part of the problem with Vince Young. Even after all the crap he has gone through recently and the fact that he is fighting with Patrick Ramsey for the BACKUP roll on his team, he still has no grasp of reality. He is living in his little imagined world and thinks of himself as the Vince Young that won the National Championship game instead of a failed NFL player. If he doesn't recognize and acknowledge his failing how will he grow and correct them?

http://www.examiner.com/x-1519-Houston-Sports-Examiner~y2009m8d6-Vince-Youngs-critics-are-missing-the-point

I also heard a statement from one of the commentators on Sportcenter this morning that T.O. will NOT have the same problems in Buffalo that he has had before because unlike Garcia, McNabb and Romo, the Buffalo QB is a intellectual QB.................
I swear I heard this said. But I couldn't find proof on the net. It will be all over the new soon.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I said VY wasn't going to make it in the NFL as soon as he came out of college, and nobody believed me.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
In an interview with The Examiner magizine Vince Young made the following statement:

"I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame."

I have a hard time seeing this as anything except part of the problem with Vince Young. Even after all the crap he has gone through recently and the fact that he is fighting with Patrick Ramsey for the BACKUP roll on his team, he still has no grasp of reality. He is living in his little imagined world and thinks of himself as the Vince Young that won the National Championship game instead of a failed NFL player. If he doesn't recognize and acknowledge his failing how will he grow and correct them?

http://www.examiner.com/x-1519-Houston-Sports-Examiner~y2009m8d6-Vince-Youngs-critics-are-missing-the-point

I also heard a statement from one of the commentators on Sportcenter this morning that T.O. will NOT have the same problems in Buffalo that he has had before because unlike Garcia, McNabb and Romo, the Buffalo QB is a intellectual QB.................
I swear I heard this said. But I couldn't find proof on the net. It will be all over the new soon.

Did you actually read the article? The interview is from Esquire, and the Examiner basically wrote a counterpoint to the argument you just made.

wildstangs
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I said VY wasn't going to make it in the NFL as soon as he came out of college, and nobody believed me.

And he is still in the NFL. Still has plenty of time to make it.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM

Expectations have definitely dropped on him, but it's hard to give up on him just yet. Not saying he's the best of all time, but hell, Tim Couch got five years of solid playing time before he fell out of the league. If he goes to a second team and can't do anything there, then I think there's a better shot of saying the career was a bust. JMO.

Pmoney
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
well i don't think this will happen but what do you want him to say? Do you want him to say, "Well im the backup to Collins and thats all I will ever be and im fine with that." No he is an athlete and any athlete that becomes satisfied with where they are needs to retire because in sports once you are satisfied you lose your competitive edge

Electus Unus
08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Expectations have definitely dropped on him, but it's hard to give up on him just yet. Not saying he's the best of all time, but hell, Tim Couch got five years of solid playing time before he fell out of the league. If he goes to a second team and can't do anything there, then I think there's a better shot of saying the career was a bust. JMO. There is always that new football league that started up.

Emerson1
08-06-2009, 01:53 PM
You also think Jerrod Johnson is going to be better in college the VY was.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You also think Jerrod Johnson is going to be better in college the VY was.

He has the potential to be. He can throw the ball better and if we can actually block for him this season he will do a lot better.

MJMbrahmas10
08-07-2009, 09:49 AM
How did he fail?!?! We won rookie of year took to team to playoffs and mad pro bowl Yall are ignorant!!!!

bleacherbum
08-07-2009, 09:56 AM
How did he fail?!?!

He was a potential number one pick and now he rides the pine. One good rookie season does not make him a success as far as NFL quarterbacks are concerned. Also, as someone stated earlier, the expectations on VY have dropped tremendously. I will be surprised to see him at the helm anytime soon. IMO.

BwdLions
08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
He has the potential to be. He can throw the ball better and if we can actually block for him this season he will do a lot better.

Potential doesn't mean squat. It's performance that matters. We'll see.