PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs Anahuac

Old Cardinal
11-07-2002, 10:39 PM
Friday's contest should be interesting, Anahuac is out of the playoffs and has nothing to lose---go for it on all 4th downs, why not! On the other hand, Bridge City, undefeated in District has already wrapped it up. That means,they want do any thing but the fundamentals, to keep the other Playoff teams from a complete scouting report of your capabilities.....Bridge City and Anahuac(previously undefeated 8th grade teams) tied tonight 22-22 for co-champs of the District. Bridge City's undefeated 9th grade has already wrapped up the District Champion. Can't wait to see the Cardinal Varsity unleash a good attack in the bi-district game.

3ABirdMan
11-07-2002, 11:03 PM
Agreed, O C.

Anahuac 8th grade looked very promising tonight. They played as a TEAM, with 11 players in on every play. It was fun to watch 8th graders PLAY football - linemen making and holding blocks, receivers running interference down the sidelines, Qtr backs blocking! They did a much better job of teaching their individuals to play the game than BC did this year. In every game I saw this year (3-4?), every BC player on the field seemed to be there as a witness to the Johnny Dishon Show.

Tonight was refreshing, and while a victory would have been sweet, Anahuac 8th grade deserves a lot of credit for being a quality team.

nxman
11-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Old Card, Anahuac doesn't have much to speak of this year. I think BC needs to play their starters just long enough to score a couple of times, then put in some replacements. Save the starters! I have family members from Anahuac, and I only follow the team slightly because of family. BC needs to take this game seriously, but rest your starters for next week. Just get the starters in long enough to keep them fresh with competition. Anahuac may be playing their hearts out in hope spoil another team's hopes, but if you can, save the heroics for the playoffs. Congrats to the BC underclassmen district champs!

eye of the tiger
11-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Good luck to the Cardinals Friday night. Have an injury free game and good luck in the playoffs.

Old Cardinal
11-08-2002, 07:18 PM
Thanks Eye of the Tiger; I am fixing to leave for the game and the weather is just wonderful for football tonight. Eye-- I enjoy your comments each week on the board-you are a class act! Hope those Commerce guys play a good injury free game tonight too.

Old Cardinal
11-08-2002, 07:26 PM
To 3A Bird man: I agree they have a good "fundamental teaching program" in Anahuac....I played against Coach Gary Martel and HS Principal Paul Rice eons ago- they like ole Curtis Barbay at Newton- stick with the fundamentals of blocking and tackling low and forceful. That was as good a game, last night, as the 9th grade last week against Jasper. Orangefield deciding to not play BC's 9th grade in the hurricane makeup game, sure allowed two of the best 9th grade teams in the State to huck-em-up last week! Bridge City and Jasper look to have fair football in the future, and also Anahuac.