PDA

View Full Version : "the beast" - for anyone that cares (or was planning a road trip)

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Brandon hurt his knee in the All-Star with about 4 minutes left. He wasn't "laid out on the field" hurt, but he knew something wasn't right and told Coach Owens he needed to come out of the game before the next play. It didn't look like a big deal, he was walking on it, stretching it behind his thigh like he had a catch. The team doctor, who coincidentally is the UIW team doctor lol, took a look at him and thought all looked good. He went to our HS trainer the next day, put ice on it, and it was stiff.

Since he was supposed to report to camp today for practices starting tomorrow, lhpd & I decided we wanted to be positive that he was 100% ready to go. 2-3 days after the game, we got him in to see the orthopedic surgeon & they took x-rays, which showed nothing. The Monday after, they did an MRI and we got the results last Wednesday - he had torn his ACL.

He had surgery this past Friday, will be redshirted this season, and is looking at 6-9 months rehab. He's got a great attitude about it and God-willing, plans to work on getting his Masters' during his 5th year.

We'll still be there in the stands, cheering for his team, because somebody has to teach those SA folks about cowbells! :)

Bull's-eye
08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Hoping for a speedy & full recovery, come back even stronger Beast. :)

Dogman_1969
08-05-2009, 10:25 PM
D tell Brandon to keep his head up and we'll be thinking about him.

BILLYFRED0000
08-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Bad break mom and thats a fact. But the beast will be back.
Good luck on the recovery.

Old Dog
08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Of all the rotten luck..........these things just happen. I recall that the Parker lad from Burnet that got a ride to Georgia Tech did the same thing back in '04 at the all-star game. He had surgery, rehabed and played for Tech until he messed up a shoulder later.

There is so much hidden dynamics going on along the line of scrimmage and brute strength being exerted and most folks have no idea!!!!

44INAROW
08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

We'll still be there in the stands, cheering for his team, because somebody has to teach those SA folks about cowbells! :)

Amen Sista - Hoping and praying for a complete recovery...... :)

pirate4state
08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
major bummer. he'll be back. ;)

and i have no doubt that in no time the rest of the Cardinal nation will be ringing cowbells right along with you! :doh: :p

mwynn05
08-06-2009, 11:04 AM
will probably still be finishing his bs unless he just wants to go to school every summer

ccmom
08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Wishing him a speedy and full recovery!:)

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I am sorry to hear this. I hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

solocam
08-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Hate to hear that Deb,hope he recovers fully and is back at it with no problems

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the well wishes, and I know he does as well. :)

wimbo_pro
08-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Wow...so sorry to hear that. Which school? Was he going to get much play time this year as a true freshman? I hope this comes out right, but if he was going to get an injury, this would be the best year to do it...imagine this happening his senior year! I know this might be a crappy way to look at it, but what other choices does he have but to put the best face on it!

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wow...so sorry to hear that. Which school? Was he going to get much play time this year as a true freshman? I hope this comes out right, but if he was going to get an injury, this would be the best year to do it...imagine this happening his senior year! I know this might be a crappy way to look at it, but what other choices does he have but to put the best face on it!
Incarnate Word and yes, the expectation was rotating 50-50 on defensive plays. And you're right, it could definitely be worse!

CHS_89
08-08-2009, 09:38 AM
That stinks!! Good luck with is recovery.

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Deb - tell Brandon to hang in there. He is young and extremely strong...I bet he will heal quickly. I hope he is excited about starting school...when is D Day?;)

1st and goal
08-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Deb, here's another well wishing to Brandon. He's a tough cookie. Have him take it easy on that knee at first and DO ONLY WHAT HIS DOCTOR ALLOWS HIM TO DO. Don't push it. It won't heal faster. These things take time. The physical therapy can be tough. Sitting on the sidelines is just as tough. Tell him to keep thinking long term.