PDA

View Full Version : Brookshire Royal Complete Football History (1961-2010)

WOS87
08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Hmmm... From the records I've found it appears Brookshire actually moved up 2 classifications from 1967 to 1968 (Class B in '67 to Class 2A in '68). If that truly did occur it would be the first incidence of that happening that I've come across. Changes in classification in 1980 don't count. All 5 classifications shifted up that year as Class B ceased to exist and 5A had its first year of inception.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/b/brookshireroyal.gif

61 out of 177 (34.5%) 3A Team Histories now complete

WOS87
12-21-2009, 02:11 AM
UPDATE: The history has been updated through 2009.

I still don't understand how the WO-S game in '09 ended up the way it did considering how badly (relatively) WO-S ended up doing the remainder of the season and how well Royal did.

WOS87
11-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Currently updating this history... before I start getting requests for it lol

Falcongrad&Dad
11-21-2010, 01:35 AM
Not making excuses about the game in '09 but we had 5 or 6 starters out with the flue. And you all had 3 or 4 division 1 players on your team. I remember watching the Franks kid running up and down the field that night.

BigDADDAgadda
11-21-2010, 01:35 AM
what! if you all still havent got it, youll never get it! your lucky we let the foot off the pedal, or you all would have nothin to talk bout. word to the wise, "dont take my kiddness for a weakness!" nough said. bring on........NEXT!

Falcongrad&Dad
11-21-2010, 01:36 AM
We also played a pretty tough non-district schedule that I think really got us ready for district and the play-offs.

Thanks for the memories...both mine and my sons.

Falcongrad&Dad
11-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by BigDADDAgadda
what! if you all still havent got it, youll never get it! your lucky we let the foot off the pedal, or you all would have nothin to talk bout. word to the wise, "dont take my kiddness for a weakness!" nough said. bring on........NEXT!
which post is this directed to?

WOS87
11-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
Not making excuses about the game in '09 but we had 5 or 6 starters out with the flue. And you all had 3 or 4 division 1 players on your team. I remember watching the Franks kid running up and down the field that night.

Who said anything about the '09 game? We also played Kirbyville their 2nd closest game of the year without a QB with any varsity experience... enough with excuses. We can't change what happened in the past, just look forward. Good luck to all...

Falcongrad&Dad
11-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

I still don't understand how the WO-S game in '09 ended up the way it did considering how badly (relatively) WO-S ended up doing the remainder of the season and how well Royal did.
I thought you did?

WOS87
11-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
I thought you did?

Look at the date when that was posted (12-21-09) and read my most recent post. Good luck to you against Athens. What's the point of bringing all of that up again?

This is an old thread that I'm just re-opening

BigDADDAgadda
11-21-2010, 01:56 AM
which post is this directed to?
not you, i just know how hard our boyz have worked and they deserve this. all year i have heard how incomplete and how undisciplined our boyz are, and you know what!? if they can be that bad and still be that good, watch out state cause here we come!

WOS87
11-21-2010, 02:03 AM
2010 scores should be up now. Calm down all... everyone knows what WO-S has gone through this year and I understand your enthusiasm but please take it down a notch... remember that sportsmanship is part of the game.

This is a thread meant solely for comments on Brookshire historical scores.

I will close it if it turns into a smacktalk thread.

IHStangFan
11-21-2010, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

I still don't understand how the WO-S game in '09 ended up the way it did considering how badly (relatively) WO-S ended up doing the remainder of the season and how well Royal did. I remember thinking the same thing after it was all said and done. I DO remember Royal fans saying there were several kids out sick.

I always cheer for Royal as I witnessed first hand (as they were in our district when I moved to Needville) their turnaround and it's quite something.

With that said...I've always pulled for WOS as well. I enjoy following you both.

:)