PDA

View Full Version : Play Arkansas Champ Saturday 1:00 pm at Waco

Old Cardinal
08-05-2009, 08:31 PM
BCLL one step away from LLWS
Gabriel Pruett
The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — One step away.

The Bridge City 12 year old All-Stars are headed to Waco to participate in the Southwest Regionals to advance to the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Penn.

BCLL won the Texas East State Tournament to advance to Waco and now has all of Southeast Texas on their side.

“I was there and I still don’t believe what we have done,” Coach Ronnie Shugart said Wednesday. “This group really is not smart enough to know they can lose. When we started this thing when the kids were seven, we were doing travel ball and getting beat to death in Houston. I kept telling the kids the score does not matter. Now it really does not matter because they play until the umpires say ‘Ball Game.’”

BCLL was practicing for the last time Wednesday before heading out to Waco on Thursday.

“One of the special things about this team is they really love to practice,” Shugart said. “There are some days I cut practice short and they ask why because they still want to keep going. They love the game of baseball and love to work.”

This team has played about 400 games together and accomplished something no other Bridge City Little League team by winning a state championship.

“When we started years ago we did it for one reason, to make a run to the Little League World Series,” Shugart added. “I have been telling them every year that when they were 12 we would go to Williamsport. Now we are not going to quit until they officially tell us we cannot go. They truly believe they are going.”

Shugart is looking for BCLL to accomplish a few cliches in Waco, win with pitching and defense.

“If we can continue to do that and scratch a few runs together, I think we will be OK,” Shugart added. “The support has been amazing. Every where we go, if we have our hats on, people ask if we are a part of this team and wish us good luck. The kids know they are representing our whole region and they are very proud of that.”

Old Cardinal
08-05-2009, 09:06 PM
TEXAS

OKLAHOMA

COLORADO

LOUISIANA

NEW MEXICO

MISSISSIPPI

ARKANSAS

Old Cardinal
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
NOTE: Participants in the 2009 Southwestern Region Tournament will be divided into two pools. At the completion of round-robin competition within each pool, the tournament will consist of single-elimination semifinal and championship round games.

Click or scroll to the bottom of this page to view 2009 state tournament results for Southwestern Region tournament participants.

If you can provide state tournament results, qualifiers, or host locations that are not listed on this page, please contact the Unpage.

Tournament Schedule/Results:

Day 1 (Friday, August 7):
Game 1 - South Lake Charles (Louisiana) versus Tulsa American (Oklahoma) (10:00 a.m.)
Game 2 - White Hall National (Arkansas) versus Grand Mesa (Colorado) (1:00 p.m.)
Game 3 - McAllister Park American (Texas West) versus Biloxi (Mississippi) (5:00 p.m.)

Day 2 (Saturday, August 8):
Game 4 - Bridge City (Texas East) versus White Hall National (Arkansas) (1:00 p.m.)
Game 5 - McAllister Park American (Texas West) versus Tulsa American (Oklahoma) (5:00 p.m.)
Game 6 - Grand Mesa (Colorado) versus Eastdale (New Mexico) (8:00 p.m.)

Day 3 (Sunday, August 9):
Game 7 - Biloxi (Mississippi) versus Tulsa American (Oklahoma) (1:00 p.m.)
Game 8 - Bridge City (Texas East) versus Eastdale (New Mexico) (5:00 p.m.)
Game 9 - South Lake Charles (Louisiana) versus McAllister Park American (Texas West) (8:00 p.m.)

Day 4 (Monday, August 10):
Game 10 - White Hall National (Arkansas) versus Eastdale (New Mexico) (10:00 a.m.)
Game 11 - South Lake Charles (Louisiana) versus Biloxi (Mississippi) (1:00 p.m.)
Game 12 - Bridge City (Texas East) versus Grand Mesa (Colorado) (8:00 p.m.)

Standings
W
L
South Lake Charles (Louisiana) 0 0
Biloxi (Mississippi) 0 0
Tulsa American (Oklahoma) 0 0
McAllister Park American (Texas West) 0 0

Pool 'B' Standings
W
L
White Hall National (Arkansas) 0 0
Grand Mesa (Colorado) 0 0
Eastdale (New Mexico) 0 0
Bridge City (Texas East) 0 0

Teams with one or no losses at the conclusion of pool competition will advance to the championship round(s). Between two and six teams could meet this criteria. All rounds following the completion of pool competition will use a single-elimination format.

Southwestern Region Tournament Semifinals

Pairings and dates to be determined

Southwestern Region Tournament Championship Game

Qualifier #1 versus Qualifier #2 (TITLE)

Southwestern Region State Tournament Result

Old Cardinal
08-05-2009, 09:42 PM
www.eteamz.com/llbsouthwestern

Pool A Pool B
Oklahoma Tulsa LL
Tulsa, Oklahoma 0 - 0 Arkansas White Hall LL
White Hall, Arkansas 0 - 0
Louisiana South Lake Charles LL
Lake Charles, Louisiana 0 - 0 Colorado Grand Mesa LL
Grand Junction, Colorado 0 - 0
Texas West McAllister Park American LL
San Antonio, Texas 0 - 0 Texas
East Bridge City LL
Bridge City, Texas 0 - 0
Mississippi Biloxi LL
Biloxi, Mississippi 0 - 0 New Mexico Eastdale LL
Albuquerque, New Mexico 0 - 0
Friday
8/7/09 Saturday
8/8/09 Sunday
8/9/09 Monday
8/10/09
Game 1
10:00 am

Oklahoma
vs.
Louisiana

Game 4
1:00 pm

Arkansas
vs.
Texas East

Game 7

Oklahoma
vs.
Mississippi

Game 10
10:00 am

Arkansas
vs.
New Mexico

Game 2

Arkansas
vs.
Colorado

Game 5
5:00 pm

Oklahoma
vs.
Texas West

Game 8

Texas East
vs.
New Mexico

Game 11

Louisiana
vs.
Mississippi

Game 3

Texas West
vs.
Mississippi

Game 6
8:00 pm

Colorado
vs.
New Mexico

Game 9

Louisiana
vs.
Texas West
Game 12

Colorado
vs.
Texas East

The Championship Playoff Rounds

The teams qualifying for the Championship are those with one or no losses. This makes the Championship Playoff Rounds a possibility of 2 to 6 teams. It will be single elimination.

The Winner advances to the Little League World Series.

Old Cardinal
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Someone also said some of the games will be on ESPN...

If you know of a time please put game time on here...

SHSBulldog00
08-06-2009, 03:58 PM
The only game on ESPN will be the regional championship.

44INAROW
08-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Good Luck to the BCLL :clap:

SHSBulldog00
08-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Old Cardinal

Will you or someone else post updates from Waco this weekend.

Old Cardinal
08-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't Twitter; however, the two sites above via Internet-- should have on-going posted scores.

Also, the-- KOGT.com-- site may keep a running tally of scores posted. They will also announce previous scores during innings changes of the games BC will play......and maybe some high-lite information.

Remember on KOGT.com......You open the first site page and hit sports on the left side.
Then on the next page you will see a grey rectangular area on the left side--BLINKING

Just click there and listen to good ole Laplander Cajun Announcers LOL

It sometimes kicks off and on; so just be patient.

Old Cardinal
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
OK they will try to be in that Championship game and be televised......:D

SHSBulldog00
08-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks and Good Luck to BCLL.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
OK they will try to be in that Championship game and be televised......:D i'm rooting for them to keep it going and represent Texas in LL World Series. Congrats to them in coming back and beating a very good Lamar team. I was in vacation and missed out on the outcomes of last weeks games.

bp80884
08-08-2009, 06:37 PM
My son and I saw Texas west beat Oklahoma like red headed step children. 12 to 1 was final.

We were sitting next to South Lake charles coaches and team and they are a little worried. I am going back tonight to watch Mississippi and New Mexico.

I am looking for one of the 2 Texas team to be in Williamsport this year.

WOS87
08-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Congrats Bridge City!! They beat Arkansas 12-4 today...

Click Here --->LINK (http://www.kogt.com/)

New Mexico is next on Sunday with Colorado on Monday

pirate4state
08-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Good Luck BCLL!!! :clap: :clap:

SHSBulldog00
08-08-2009, 08:15 PM
What kind of team does Texas West have?

SHSBulldog00
08-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Here are the Pool Standing's after Saturday

Pool A

Oklahoma Tulsa LL Tulsa, Oklahoma 0 - 2
South Lake Charles LL Lake Charles, Louisiana 1 - 0
McAllister Park American LL San Antonio, Texas 2 - 0
Biloxi LL Biloxi, Mississippi 0 - 1

Pool B

White Hall LL White Hall, Arkansas 1 - 1
Grand Mesa LL Grand Junction, Colorado 0 - 2
Bridge City LL Bridge City, Texas 1 - 0
Eastdale LL Albuquerque, New Mexico 1 - 0

poisoned10
08-09-2009, 02:52 AM
My Mom and step dad lived in Lake Charles for several years. They know how to play some baseball in that area. One of their local high schools, Barbe, is usually in the top 25 nationally each year.

bp80884
08-09-2009, 07:47 AM
I saw the the New Mexico team play last night. They have a pitcher (last name of Sands) that was unbelievable. Throws about 70, very accurate, and he has a big bat. If the have much more pitching beyond him, they will be tough.

I am going to watch South Lake Charles and Texas West tonight.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
I saw the the New Mexico team play last night. They have a pitcher (last name of Sands) that was unbelievable. Throws about 70, very accurate, and he has a big bat. If the have much more pitching beyond him, they will be tough.

I am going to watch South Lake Charles and Texas West tonight. :) TKS for the info on the games you've seen.

SHSBulldog00
08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Is anyone watching the early games today?

mwynn05
08-09-2009, 08:26 PM
looks like BC has clinched their spot in the championship round and has a good shot to be 3-0

bp80884
08-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I saw Texas West play again and they are loaded.

Great 1st game today with Mississippi and Oklahoma. Mississippi won 3-2.

Bridge City won the 2nd game today 13-4 (I think that is correct).

I am picking Texas west. Those boys are hitting like big leaguers, only much better with less whining and crying!!

SHSBulldog00
08-09-2009, 10:46 PM
What was Texas West Final tonight?

bp80884
08-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I left in top of the 6th and they were up 11-2 over South Lake Charles.

SHSBulldog00
08-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Sounds like they will be a tough out.

Old Cardinal
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
There seems to be two dominate teams--TX-east & TX--west.

Both have beat/swamped their opponents thus far.

I came on home for a while. BC should be 3-0 after playing Colorado...... TX-west is loaded and winning big also.

The two brackets meet, with the top team from each bracket side playing the second team of the other brackets side.

The emerging winners will then play for the right to go to the World Series.

Quite frankly for Bridge City, they had tougher opponents in the quest for being the winner of the Texas East side of Texas LOL

I think they can take Texas West--San
Antonio-- but it well be a much stiffer battle.

Either team that wins will represent well at WS games.

Game time 8:00 pm Bridge City vs Colorado.....go to KOGT.com click on sports====next page click on grey blinking rectangle that says --broadcast--
Loads in about one minute,

There is also a TV screen site $15.00 per month www.youthsportslive.com

You can watch the game on your computer--I am told it's OK.