PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Mustangs

mustang84
08-05-2009, 02:38 PM
So how good do you think the Mustangs will be with coach Slaughter and a new offense this year?

wildstangs
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
What offense did they actually put in place?

STANG RED
08-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm anxious to see what he does. But I remember Clyde being pretty conservative offensively, so I dont expect to see a completely balanced attack, but I'm hoping we at least have enough of an effective passing game to keep defenses from stacking the box with 8 and 9 men continually. But all we can do is wait and see at this point. I certainly have high hopes.

Johnny Moxen
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
If things stay the way they did at Clyde, you can forget about the forward pass. Look for them to try and develop a strong running game (power ball) and less of a speed (wishbone/lateral) game. Will work to have a very stingy defense and keep the games close.

mustang84
08-05-2009, 04:53 PM
If I am not mistaken I think they are going be be running out of the pro I formation and out of the Gun.

BEAST
08-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mustang84
If I am not mistaken I think they are going be be running out of the pro I formation and out of the Gun.

Good Lord. That will be a switch. No more bone? I am really gonna miss that. I just cant picture Sweetwater in the shotgun. Pro I I can see but the first time I see Sweetwater in the gun its gonna be a culture shock.

BEAST

wildstangs
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Sweetwater fans - If the Mustangs offense is more open and they throw the ball 15-20 times a game, but miss the playoffs, are you still going to be happy with the coaching change?

I butted heads with several of you over the last few years that Jackson's offense worked and produced 8-11 wins almost every year. Not trying to argue, but curious to hear your thoughts.

STANG RED
08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Sweetwater fans - If the Mustangs offense is more open and they throw the ball 15-20 times a game, but miss the playoffs, are you still going to be happy with the coaching change?

I butted heads with several of you over the last few years that Jackson's offense worked and produced 8-11 wins almost every year. Not trying to argue, but curious to hear your thoughts.

No need to be coy roy, it was usually me butting heads with you, and I still have the knots to prove it.:D
I think we all know going in, there could be 2 or 3 very good football teams staying home from the playoffs from this district, so no I wont be disappointed, unless we lose games because we never gave our boys every chance to win. And I dont remember ever seeing anyone advocate throwing the ball 15-20 times per game. I know I certainly did not. I think it only takes 5 to 10 well executed passes to make a defense play honest.
You need look no further than our game against Liberty Hill in the quarters last year to prove my point. It was a defensive stalemate for most of the first half. LH's highly vaunted power rushing attack was getting stuffed at the line, and so was ours. But LH finally unleashed a couple of a very well executed passes, burned our defense, scored, then took the momentum. We on the other hand were completely incapable of pulling off the same feat. We just kept running headlong into a brick wall, and had a constant succession of 3 and outs for most of the game. I'm guessing LH threw the ball 5 or 6 times is all. But that was all it took to make our defense back off the line a little and start playing honest. Once that happened, their running game began to work, and it was all over but the crying from there on out. The LH coach gave his boys the tools and oppertunity to win the game, however it had to be done. Ours did not, and it was obvious repeat of what we had seen year after year in the playoffs. Frankly, I think most were getting tired of seeing the same mistake over and over again. If the new coach refuses to learn from his mistakes, he can take his act right on down the road next. I know my employer wont keep me around for long, if I dont learn from mine, and try my best not to repeat them in the future. Thats just the way it works.

westtxfballfan
08-05-2009, 05:53 PM
It will depend on how fast the kids pick up that crazy forward pass thing they're going to try every once in a while after years of running that 3-play offense with great success. I bet they'll be fine.

QB's wrist band up until this year:

Coach puts up 1 finger: run right
Coach puts up 2 fingers: run left
Coach puts up 3 fingers: run middle

OldBison75
08-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Slaughter will open the offense some and use the forward pass and the shuttle pass about 12-15 times per game. The other trait he will put in the offense is the unexpected. He will lull you asleep with the Pro I running game for two or three series and then on second and six try to catch you with the wrong personnel. He will jump out in a gun or overload one side with receivers and try to burn you. He is very good at using the talent he has and finding ways to incorporate them into game plans.
I bet that they will average about 14 pass plays per game and be successful at them.

Sweetwater Red
08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
WS- I have always been on the fence when it
comes to Jackson, yes he did win games, and
I have questioned one decision by him: See #7
being ko'd by Perryton and starting the next
week in our 6-3 loss to Vernon when #15 was
stronger and not being taken down in the back
field against them.

But to answer your question, Stapler won an SC
here running the wishbone. Ritchey one a whole lot of games here too.
But, he was open to changes in his philosophy.
If you would have seen Terry Clemmer and the
four WR's he had to throw to against Zebby
Letheridge in Jones Stadium would would have
seen first hand how he went from running the I
too the run and shoot. He did that because of the
talent that he had. He didn't force them into his system.

mustang84
08-05-2009, 08:09 PM
It should be fun to watch them this year. I think we will see several young players on this team. The kids really seem to like coach Slaughter and his staff.

Sweetwater Red
08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey '84, I hear it is a three QB race for the
starting job. Lawrence, Vause, and do you know
who else? PM me if you wanna know my source
or answer the question.

mustang84
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
From what i know the third one is the mayes kid. I watched him in 7 on 7 and he was better than the other two guys. JMO

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
No need to be coy roy, it was usually me butting heads with you, and I still have the knots to prove it.:D
I think we all know going in, there could be 2 or 3 very good football teams staying home from the playoffs from this district, so no I wont be disappointed, unless we lose games because we never gave our boys every chance to win. And I dont remember ever seeing anyone advocate throwing the ball 15-20 times per game. I know I certainly did not. I think it only takes 5 to 10 well executed passes to make a defense play honest.
You need look no further than our game against Liberty Hill in the quarters last year to prove my point. It was a defensive stalemate for most of the first half. LH's highly vaunted power rushing attack was getting stuffed at the line, and so was ours. But LH finally unleashed a couple of a very well executed passes, burned our defense, scored, then took the momentum. We on the other hand were completely incapable of pulling off the same feat. We just kept running headlong into a brick wall, and had a constant succession of 3 and outs for most of the game. I'm guessing LH threw the ball 5 or 6 times is all. But that was all it took to make our defense back off the line a little and start playing honest. Once that happened, their running game began to work, and it was all over but the crying from there on out. The LH coach gave his boys the tools and oppertunity to win the game, however it had to be done. Ours did not, and it was obvious repeat of what we had seen year after year in the playoffs. Frankly, I think most were getting tired of seeing the same mistake over and over again. If the new coach refuses to learn from his mistakes, he can take his act right on down the road next. I know my employer wont keep me around for long, if I dont learn from mine, and try my best not to repeat them in the future. Thats just the way it works.
You forgot a 95-96 yard RUN that helped open it up the first half. :p ;)

wildstangs
08-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Thats what I thought the turning point was as well. Would have gone into halftime a VERY close game had that not happened.

I will always say that Jackson did what he thought gave his team the best chance to win games.

STANG RED
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

That was a huge play for sure, but those do occasionaly happen to a D that is selling out to stop the run by keeping everyone up close. If a back does manage to break through, there are no LBs or DBs to stop it down field. I saw Sweetwater do it many times. But you cant bank on those occasional breaks to win the big games. And to LH's credit, they did not. It was those few very effective pass plays that undid the Sweetwater D. There were several of those that hurt much worse than that one play in the first half.
Another good example would be semi final loss to Tatum a few years back. The first half was very close and it was still anyones game to win the second half. Tatum made wholesale adjustments at half, came out in the shotgun on every play the second half, spread our D wide and deep, and it worked like a charm. Brilliant coaching by making the neccesary adjustments to what had to be done. It was amazing to watch. Thats what great coaching looks like. Of course Tatum had some great athlete to make it work as well. But our D was keeping those great athletes pretty well in check that first half. But their superior half time adjustments were awesome, and we never had a chance after that.

Sweetwater Red
08-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I was there. Do you want me to tell you what really
happened at the Sweetwater vs. Liberty Hill game?:thinking:

wildstangs
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I was there. Do you want me to tell you what really
happened at the Sweetwater vs. Liberty Hill game?:thinking:

Sweetwater got beat by a much better, defending state champion team?

STANG RED
08-05-2009, 10:46 PM

No, they were only a little better. The coaching on the other hand, was far superior. Just as was the case with most of those other playoff losses. Had the coaching been equal in the LH game, yes they probably would have won, but not by much. And I think our boys would have at least had a chance.
I saw every play to boys, and I wasnt blinded by Jacksons winning record against inferior football teams.

wildstangs
08-05-2009, 11:32 PM
No, they were only a little better. The coaching on the other hand, was far superior. Just as was the case with most of those other playoff losses. Had the coaching been equal in the LH game, yes they probably would have won, but not by much. And I think our boys would have at least had a chance.
I saw every play to boys, and I wasnt blinded by Jacksons winning record against inferior football teams.

I think those Liberty Hill teams were just head and shoulders above everyone else. Check out their results during that three year stretch. They scored about 600 points a year. Must have been against a bunch of inferior coaching staffs out there huh Red? :)

Trashman
08-06-2009, 06:43 AM
So how good do you think the Mustangs will be with coach Slaughter and a new offense this year?

They are like every other team in 2-3A, except Brownwood; they suck!

:doh: :taunt: :stirpot: :tongue: :D

Looking4number8
08-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
They are like every other team in 2-3A, except Brownwood; they suck!

:doh: :taunt: :stirpot: :tongue: :D

:D :D :devil: :devil:

STANG RED
08-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I think those Liberty Hill teams were just head and shoulders above everyone else. Check out their results during that three year stretch. They scored about 600 points a year. Must have been against a bunch of inferior coaching staffs out there huh Red? :)

No doubt many of them were far inferior. But yes they had some great teams and good athletes as well. That’s certainly a winning combination. LH is much like Wylie is though. They don’t necessarily have the best athletes on the field. But due to great coaching, they don’t beat themselves, and do give themselves every opportunity to win. If you can’t match them both on the field, and on the sidelines, you don’t stand a chance.

TheDOCTORdre
08-06-2009, 11:13 AM

I have questioned one decision by him: See #7
being ko'd by Perryton and starting the next
week in our 6-3 loss to Vernon when #15 was
stronger and not being taken down in the back
field against them.

\

worst desicion ever...ok maybe not completely awful but the desicion during the game to start playing musical quarterbacks with the two and never letting any kind of offensive rhythm develop...sad story

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2009, 12:39 PM

That would be it. :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
worst desicion ever...ok maybe not completely awful but the desicion during the game to start playing musical quarterbacks with the two and never letting any kind of offensive rhythm develop...sad story

I agree. When Jackson made the switch and #15 was much more
effective, I think everyone in the stands was surprised that he
went back to #7. But like you said he did that multiple times and
when #15 was in there the chains were moving. When he wasn't,
it was 3 and out. Hard to build any momentum offensively that way.

mustang84
08-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey guys I know You Guys like reliving the past But Jackson is gone and its all in the past lets focus on the future of MUSTANG FOOTBALL.

STANG RED
08-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey guys I know You Guys like reliving the past But Jackson is gone and its all in the past lets focus on the future of MUSTANG FOOTBALL.

I think most of us can only have high hopes. Until we see the finished product on the field, it's hard to know what to expect. Even then, his philosophies aren’t going to take hold over night. For the first games, and maybe most of the season, we may only get a hint of what is coming long term.

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM

I just watched practice for about thirty minutes during lunch. Let
me watch a couple full practices with pads on in the bowl. Then I
will give my opinion of what to expect. :thumbsup:

Does anyone else remember the Ice Bowl?:thinking:

mustang84
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
They will be practicing in the bowl tonight Sweetwater Red if you want to go watch.

GetRDoneStangs
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Does anyone else remember the Ice Bowl?

Possible the COLDEST I have ever been in my life!!!!

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
They will be practicing in the bowl tonight Sweetwater Red if you want to go watch.

Starts at 8:00 right?:thinking:

mustang84
08-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Yes varsity is at 8

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Left the night practice about 15 minutes ago.
I was happy with what I saw. When they put
the pads on and the position battles begin to
intensify, I will really be able to tell who wants
it. Btw, out of about 15 pass plays...one was
overthrown and one bounced off the turf.
Everything else was hauled in.

WTF-82
08-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Sweetwater Fans !!! Big year how important is it for the Mustangs to play well early. Playing against Burkburnett first game then a very good Seminole team then back home against Monahans. The Stangs already have a hek of tough district schedule if they start of 0-3 this would be bad coming into district look at Brownwood last year. They prob get out of this 2-1 maybe even 3-0 but they will have there work cut of for them early in the season learning a new system lots of learning to do if the kids are tough they will learn from this tough early schedule and be ready for district or they will fold. I say they will be ok. This will be interesting to see how last years number 2
team from this district plays.

Brownwood has tough early schedule also but they also got some transfers in from. Coppell other than the coaches son
good recruiting job!!

LOL!! I am sorry I had to do it.

Wylie - no worries they always play tough teams they prob go
10-0 in reg season.

mustang84
08-07-2009, 07:32 AM
I watched practice last night and liked what I saw. It sure is different watching the mustangs spreading the field and throwing the ball. They sure threw the ball around to a lot of different Players. Looks like watching them this year could be really exciting.The pads go on today and we can really see what they are going to look like running the plays with pads . Coach Slaughter sure has these boys excited about the new things he has started here. The kids love him from the seventh graders all the way up. I really look foward to this football season.

BEAST
08-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Sweetwater Fans !!! Big year how important is it for the Mustangs to play well early. Playing against Burkburnett first game then a very good Seminole team then back home against Monahans. The Stangs already have a hek of tough district schedule if they start of 0-3 this would be bad coming into district look at Brownwood last year. They prob get out of this 2-1 maybe even 3-0 but they will have there work cut of for them early in the season learning a new system lots of learning to do if the kids are tough they will learn from this tough early schedule and be ready for district or they will fold. I say they will be ok. This will be interesting to see how last years number 2
team from this district plays.

Brownwood has tough early schedule also but they also got some transfers in from. Coppell other than the coaches son
good recruiting job!!

Wylie - no worries they always play tough teams they prob go
10-0 in reg season.

We got transfers from Coppel other than the coaches son? Could you introduce me? Im closer to the kids than almost any Brownwood poster, please let me know what Im missing.

BEAST

STANG RED
08-07-2009, 09:32 AM
I watched practice last night and liked what I saw. It sure is different watching the mustangs spreading the field and throwing the ball. They sure threw the ball around to a lot of different Players. Looks like watching them this year could be really exciting.The pads go on today and we can really see what they are going to look like running the plays with pads . Coach Slaughter sure has these boys excited about the new things he has started here. The kids love him from the seventh graders all the way up. I really look foward to this football season.

Good to hear! Will they be practicing in the bowl most nights? I might try to go watch a little tonight, if they are. Were they in full pads last night? Hitting?

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Good to hear! Will they be practicing in the bowl most nights? I might try to go watch a little tonight, if they are. Were they in full pads last night? Hitting?

Today is the first day they are allowed to wear pads.

You would of been very pleased with last night's practice.

swstangs001
08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
We got transfers from Coppel other than the coaches son? Could you introduce me? Im closer to the kids than almost any Brownwood poster, please let me know what Im missing.

BEAST

does this sound a little weird to anyone??:D :devil:

BwdLion73
08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
No....but it shows us where your mind is. :D

STANG RED
08-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Today is the first day they are allowed to wear pads.

You would of been very pleased with last night's practice.

Will they be practicing in the bowl tonight and throughout two a days? Will it always be at 8:00?

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Will they be practicing in the bowl tonight and throughout two a days? Will it always be at 8:00?

As far as I know, yes. I went and watched them practice for about
15-20 minutes during lunch. I would have stayed longer, but i was
starving. :D

I took a couple of crappy pictures showing Coach Slaughter
implementing his passing game. I will try to put them on here
without screwing it up. :nerd:

DaHop72
08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
does this sound a little weird to anyone??:D :devil:

Originally posted by ***-82

good recruiting job!!

Not when you read and see that it was an answer to this.

mustang84
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I was just wanting to know if anyone had been watching practice . I haven't had time to go and watch them and was wanting to know how they were looking.

Sweetwater Red
08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I was just wanting to know if anyone had been watching practice . I haven't had time to go and watch them and was wanting to know how they were looking.

I have been to several, including watching the JV and Varsity
lastnight.

We look every bit as good as last year. About 2/3's of the plays
I have seen run with our offense have been some sort of play
action. Our defensive will be just as physical as it was under
Jackson or atleast that is what Slaughter is expecting them to
be.

It shapes up to be some more smash mouth football, the difference
being that we might actually pass on first or second down ocassionally

STANG RED
08-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I have been to several, including watching the JV and Varsity
lastnight.

We look every bit as good as last year. About 2/3's of the plays
I have seen run with our offense have been some sort of play
action. Our defensive will be just as physical as it was under
Jackson or atleast that is what Slaughter is expecting them to
be.

It shapes up to be some more smash mouth football, the difference
being that we might actually pass on first or second down ocassionally

I'm liking what I'm hearing SR. Think I'll head down there tonight to check it out for myself. 8:00 pm at the bowl???

Sweetwater Red
08-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm liking what I'm hearing SR. Think I'll head down there tonight to check it out for myself. 8:00 pm at the bowl???

No word yet. But if they do practice, more than likely it will be the
track field starting at 7 or 8 for the Varsity.

BEAST
08-13-2009, 10:56 AM

BEAST

Hey ***-82, I am wondering why you havent replied. Just wondering? Did you step off in it before you had your facts straight?

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Hey ***-82, I am wondering why you havent replied. Just wondering? Did you step off in it before you had your facts straight?

BEAST

You couldn't have asked him this in a PM? :thinking:

BEAST
08-13-2009, 11:47 AM
You couldn't have asked him this in a PM? :thinking:

Yes I could have but since he hijacked the thread with his nonsense I wanted him to answer it here where he started it.

BEAST

BwdLion_80
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Heck Beast, we have so many transfers from Coppell that they had to cancel their season! They don't have enough players left to field a team!:D :eek: :p

BEAST
08-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Heck Beast, we have so many transfers from Coppell that they had to cancel their season! They don't have enough players left to field a team!:D :eek: :p

Yea Ive heard rumor of the school being renamed Brownwood-Coppell Consolidated.

BEAST

STANG RED
08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
:mad: :1omg!: :hijacktd: :1offtopc: :flaming: :foul:

nobogey72
08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Meanwhile back to Sweetwater----- Did I dream it or did I hear that there are new restrooms at the Bowl? If that is true I am a little PO'd. That was fun just going on the floor. Plus, I'll miss "waterboarding" those crickets.:(

STANG RED
08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Meanwhile back to Sweetwater----- Did I dream it or did I hear that there are new restrooms at the Bowl? If that is true I am a little PO'd. That was fun just going on the floor. Plus, I'll miss "waterboarding" those crickets.:(

Your wife tells me you get more on the floor than in the pot at home anyway. Maybe you just need to move in a little closer. Or better yet, just take a seat and pee like a girl.:taunt:

nobogey72
08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Your wife tells me you get more on the floor than in the pot at home anyway. Maybe you just need to move in a little closer. Or better yet, just take a seat and pee like a girl.:taunt:

I thought my wife broke up with you!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sweetwater Red
08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I thought my wife broke up with you!:mad: :mad: :mad:

No that was me. :(

Btw I have a text out to Tic I sent about 30 minutes ago. I am just waiting for him to confirm if
infact you are one crazy ass white boy. :D

nobogey72
08-13-2009, 03:14 PM
No that was me. :(

Btw I have a text out to Tic I sent about 30 minutes ago. I am just waiting for him to confirm if
infact you are one crazy ass white boy. :D

So, it was YOU that broke up with Stang.:doh: And, ya'll made such a cute couple.:inlove: :inlove:

Sweetwater Red
08-13-2009, 03:17 PM
So, it was YOU that broke up with Stang.:doh: And, ya'll made such a cute couple.:inlove: :inlove:

Yep I just dropped the F-bomb out loud!:doh: :D

nobogey72
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM

I've waited a long time for that opportunity.:D :D

STANG RED
08-13-2009, 05:48 PM

I'm very disappointed in you SR. You know how twisted nobogey's mind is, yet you left that wide open for him.:doh:

So you broke up with her to? Poor gal has to spend more time with him now. :(

Rocket
08-13-2009, 06:42 PM

Liberty Hill is finished. DONE.

Rocket
08-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Why in the world does anybody care about Sweetwater? I can't believe a thread went more than one page on the topic. You people must be bored out of your minds...

STANG RED
08-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Why in the world does anybody care about Sweetwater? I can't believe a thread went more than one page on the topic. You people must be bored out of your minds...
:rolleyes:
Says the man from the underacheiving itty bitty kitties team that went 3-7 their first year of dropping down in classification.

IrishTex
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM

Wow...most Brownwood fans I know are much more classier than this.

I guess every town has that one fan..huh?

I won't be disrespectful to Brownwood like you are to Sweetwater...I'll just say when you win district, come back and we can talk.

I bet you never met a class guy like Gordon Wood have you? If you had, I bet he would have shown you some things..like class.

swstangs001
08-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

I won't be disrespectful to Brownwood like you are to Sweetwater...I'll just say when you win district, come back and we can talk.

I bet you never met a class guy like Gordon Wood have you? If you had, I bet he would have shown you some things..like class.

you havent met rocket yet...brownwood can be 0-111010908892734087984753284752983475 and he would still be talking crap

Sweetwater Red
08-14-2009, 10:15 AM
I've waited a long time for that opportunity.:D :D

Well it was confirmed. You were his QB huh? I pictured you as more of a WR. :eek: :D

vet93
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
After watching Coach Slaughter at Ballinger and seeing him go against the Bearcats at Clyde...Here are some of the observations of how I think he will run the program...
1. He is a great motivator and likeable person...so the kids will play hard for him.
2. He believes in a strong, aggressive defense and will put a big emphasis on stopping people.
3. He believes iin a strong running games and if you let him pound you with a power ground game he will do so.
4. He believes in balance...so if you are stacking the run he will pass the ball 10 to 25 times as needed as personelle allows.
5. He uses the personelle that he has and molds his offense to fit their strenghts. Therefore, from year to year it will vary somewhat how much he will throw the football.
6. Sort of like Coach Sandifer, he will throw in a long pass or a trick play to catch the defense snoozing.
7. I would say that his approach would not be far different from Coach Sandifer or Coach Rogers.

Rocket
08-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Actually, I knew Coach Wood. And yeah he was a classy guy for sure. I am just having fun. Trying to stir the pot a little. Calm down... lol

Who are you representing? And when did Sweetwater last win district?

I believe we are all 0-0 right now. That 3-7 has nothing to do with this year. if you guys wanna live in the past, then so be it.. LOL

garciap77
08-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Actually, I knew Coach Wood. And yeah he was a classy guy for sure. I am just having fun. Trying to stir the pot a little. Calm down... lol

Who are you representing? And when did Sweetwater last win district?

I believe we are all 0-0 right now. That 3-7 has nothing to do with this year. if you guys wanna live in the past, then so be it.. LOL

nm

sweetwater07
08-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm anxious to see what he does. But I remember Clyde being pretty conservative offensively, so I dont expect to see a completely balanced attack, but I'm hoping we at least have enough of an effective passing game to keep defenses from stacking the box with 8 and 9 men continually. But all we can do is wait and see at this point. I certainly have high hopes.

I sure hope it's a bit more balanced than it has been. I'd like to see more lineups out of the gun!

Rocket
08-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
I sure hope it's a bit more balanced than it has been. I'd like to see more lineups out of the gun!

If you are switching things up then look for a at least a year of turnover on the effects of it. QB having to learn new system and WR's having to learn how to catch instead of block.

DU_stud04
08-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Why in the world does anybody care about Sweetwater? I can't believe a thread went more than one page on the topic. You people must be bored out of your minds... hey....bottle rocket is back!

BEAST
08-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
hey....bottle rocket is back!

Hey crack head. What Rocket said is the truth. No offense to The Water, but if they are gonna mix the offense up a bit, it will take time.

BEAST

DU_stud04
08-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey crack head. What Rocket said is the truth. No offense to The Water, but if they are gonna mix the offense up a bit, it will take time.

BEAST haha, where'd that come from?

wimbo_pro
08-14-2009, 11:40 PM
hey DUStudman...how goes it?

DU_stud04
08-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
hey DUStudman...how goes it? great, ready for another football season.......and the weekend :D how it going wimpy? (hops told me to say it...)

wimbo_pro
08-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
great, ready for another football season.......and the weekend :D how it going wimpy? (hops told me to say it...)

Shut up dahop!

Trashman
08-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Still suck, but not as bad as Schnieder, Wynie, Grahamps, Brokenridge.

sweetwater07
08-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Still suck, but not as bad as Schnieder, Wynie, Grahamps, Brokenridge.

Where did that extremely UNintellectual comment come from?

Trashman
08-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Since when has anything posted on the DL been confused with intelect? LOL

Sweetwater Red
08-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Especially when that post is attributed to a Brownwood poster,:thinking:

Rocket
08-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Shut up dahop!

Wimbo...

Rocket
08-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Especially when that post is attributed to a Brownwood poster,:thinking:

Please..one thing about this site...there is no football discussed. X's and O's? yeah right. If you try to say anything intellectual at all on here it goes over everybody's head (nobogey especially)

So now just to get noticed, we Brownwood geniuses have to post stupid crap just to get a response. It's the sad truth about this site.

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2009, 10:37 PM
X's and O's? yeah right.

It's the sad truth about this site.
Not a lot of X's & O's on your site either...or most others, for that matter.

Rocket
08-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah there are...most people can't see it though... ;)

garciap77
08-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Left the night practice about 15 minutes ago.
I was happy with what I saw. When they put
the pads on and the position battles begin to
intensify, I will really be able to tell who wants
it. Btw, out of about 15 pass plays...one was
overthrown and one bounced off the turf.
Everything else was hauled in.

15 passes! Is that about what SW throws in a season? Man RED you guys might have something brewing over there now!:p

garciap77
08-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Please..one thing about this site...there is no football discussed. X's and O's? yeah right. If you try to say anything intellectual at all on here it goes over everybody's head (nobogey especially)

So now just to get noticed, we Brownwood geniuses have to post stupid crap just to get a response. It's the sad truth about this site.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/loser-1.jpg

J/K

garciap77
08-17-2009, 01:41 PM

:eek:

BobcatBenny
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/loser-1.jpg

J/K
I didn't know Rocket was a big black stick man. :doh:

DaHop72
08-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Shut up dahop! SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: