PDA

View Full Version : Why the Rangers suck

Emerson1
08-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Tom Hicks had a $40,000 water bill last year. Something like 9 million gallons of water used at his house.

I know it's only $40,000 but I wonder what else he waste his money on.

STANG RED
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Tom Hicks had a $40,000 water bill last year. Something like 9 million gallons of water used at his house.

I know it's only $40,000 but I wonder what else he waste his money on.

I dont really care what he wastes HIS money on. It's HIS money, that HE earned. HE can do whatever HE wants with HIS money, as far as I'm concerned. And I'll bet the grass cutting and hedge trimming jobs keeps beans on the tables of a few families. Something wrong with that?

Pick6
08-05-2009, 01:15 PM
The water bill isn't the bill that I want him to pay :mad:

Emerson1
08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I do. He is having to take out loans because he lived outside of his capable means. Prime example on why the economy sucks right now.

The Rangers also employ thousands. With the team playing at an average level, they need less people at the stadium each night to work the games since less fans come.

lostaussie
08-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I do. He is having to take out loans because he lived outside of his capable means. Prime example on why the economy sucks right now.

The Rangers also employ thousands. With the team playing at an average level, they need less people at the stadium each night to work the games since less fans come. I would say the Rangers thus far have played at an above average rate. jmo

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Dont mistake the Rangers asking for help for payroll as Hicks needs money

1. It is not easy for an owner to just dump money into a team, corporation or anything. Those things work as a seperate entitiy from his personal money and he has to jump alot of hoops to transfer money from personal to the team or he would face alot of problems from IRS and such. So he just cant transfer money from one account to another and be done with it

2. It is ALOT easier to grease the tracks with owners on approval of an impending sale if the team is in "dire financial" situation. Doing this shows MLB this so when a prospective owner is brought to the table other Owners will be quicker to pull trigger if it will give Texas a quick infusion of cash

formercougar18
08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
CJ wilson is why the rangers suck.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by formercougar18
CJ wilson is why the rangers suck.

Wilson has been a ROCK for this team he basically has had THREE bad games..everyother time he has been shut the door great

formercougar18
08-05-2009, 04:31 PM
hahaha yea i know....im still just sour about the other night when he gave up 3 runs in the 9th.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2009, 04:33 PM
hahaha yea i know....im still just sour about the other night when he gave up 3 runs in the 9th.

man those were some of the weakest arse hits.

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Joaquin Arias should not hit leadoff.

Washington refusing to put Andrus there just because he believes that 20-year-olds shouldn't hit leadoff is bogus...that's my biggest beef right now.

formercougar18
08-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Arias is absolutely terrible.....Did you see him trying to hit the curveball last night? I could have done better. But i guess the entire lineup couldn't hit the curveball either.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Joaquin Arias should not hit leadoff.

Washington refusing to put Andrus there just because he believes that 20-year-olds shouldn't hit leadoff is bogus...that's my biggest beef right now.

and it is so flawed

Arias has 129 ABs and 137 plate apperances IN HIS CAREER

Andrus has 288 ABs THIS YEAR

I have TRIED to defend Wash, but I am truly starting to think this team has won not because of him but despite him

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Arias is absolutely terrible.....Did you see him trying to hit the curveball last night? I could have done better. But i guess the entire lineup couldn't hit the curveball either.

The whole team had problems with the curveball. I don't think that Jesus could have helped them last night (Major League reference there).

My wife and I were watching player after player flail at the exact same pitch. When Hamilton walked in the 6th or 7th after taking the pitch a couple of times, I told her that was the best at-bat the team had had all night. It was ridiculous.

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and it is so flawed

Arias has 129 ABs and 137 plate apperances IN HIS CAREER

Andrus has 288 ABs THIS YEAR

I have TRIED to defend Wash, but I am truly starting to think this team has won not because of him but despite him

I think that the players genuinely like Washington, but I've begun to wonder if their hitting troubles come more from his philosophy than anything else. I really don't think Rudy Jaramillo has suddenly lost his touch; I think that Washington has openly stated that he likes playing small ball, so the team has concentrated on it so much that they've actually lost what has been their best weapon for decades--an overpowering offense.

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
sorry for a third consecutive post, but I just found that Arias has been demoted and Esteban German has been called up in his place. Arias didn't play well in two games, but I still think he can play...just not hit leadoff.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I think that the players genuinely like Washington, but I've begun to wonder if their hitting troubles come more from his philosophy than anything else. I really don't think Rudy Jaramillo has suddenly lost his touch; I think that Washington has openly stated that he likes playing small ball, so the team has concentrated on it so much that they've actually lost what has been their best weapon for decades--an overpowering offense.

if they were not hitting so many HRs I would agree..but I truly think this is just a badly built lineup. Have a roster full of 4-8 hitters, with one 2 hitter in young and no real lead off guy until Andrus is put there. Kinsler should NOT be lead-off

they just dont have any real table setters and then this year NO ONE is hitting well with RISP

I do think Rudy is a little overrated at this point and I think it is 50/50 he is back

it also has to be asked..how much of Rudy's offenses were because of a little boost from PEDs?

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
if they were not hitting so many HRs I would agree..but I truly think this is just a badly built lineup. Have a roster full of 4-8 hitters, with one 2 hitter in young and no real lead off guy until Andrus is put there. Kinsler should NOT be lead-off

they just dont have any real table setters and then this year NO ONE is hitting well with RISP

I do think Rudy is a little overrated at this point and I think it is 50/50 he is back

it also has to be asked..how much of Rudy's offenses were because of a little boost from PEDs?

I don't judge Rudy on offenses as a whole as much as I do on what he's done for individuals. Mark DeRosa, Ramon Vazquez, Marlon Byrd, Rod Barajas, Nelson Cruz...plenty of hitters who were on the verge of being out of the league altogether before he worked with them. I really like Rudy, but I agree that his time may be coming soon...even the best have been shown to wear out their effectiveness over time with teams.

While I do think that some PEDs aided Ranger home run totals in the past, they're still hitting those at the same rate. It's the line drives that aren't being hit anymore. It seems that almost every single ball put in play is either a towering fly ball or a grounder.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't judge Rudy on offenses as a whole as much as I do on what he's done for individuals. Mark DeRosa, Ramon Vazquez, Marlon Byrd, Rod Barajas, Nelson Cruz...plenty of hitters who were on the verge of being out of the league altogether before he worked with them. I really like Rudy, but I agree that his time may be coming soon...even the best have been shown to wear out their effectiveness over time with teams.

While I do think that some PEDs aided Ranger home run totals in the past, they're still hitting those at the same rate. It's the line drives that aren't being hit anymore. It seems that almost every single ball put in play is either a towering fly ball or a grounder.

yea the alley doubles are nowhere to be found this year..and at one point Texas was always near the top at doubles.

and it honestly might be one of those strange years where nothing works,...it never seems this year we have more then 2 guys hot at a time and that hurts as well.

Phantom Stang
08-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont really care what he wastes HIS money on. It's HIS money, that HE earned. HE can do whatever HE wants with HIS money, as far as I'm concerned. And I'll bet the grass cutting and hedge trimming jobs keeps beans on the tables of a few families. Something wrong with that?
This post was used on another thread as an example of racism. All I want to know is...
why?:confused:

rockdale80
08-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
This post was used on another thread as an example of racism. All I want to know is...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phantom Stang
08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So, the guy who claims to be all about the facts, responds to a direct question by clicking the eyeroll smiley twice.

Go figure.

Farmersfan
08-06-2009, 09:00 AM
The Rangers have performed admirably for the season so far. The offense is non-existant and if not for the pitching coming out of the woodwork they would be way behind the 8 ball. I have been saying all along during this steak of good wins that they are making way too many average to mediocre pitchers look like hall-of-famers and that will come back to haunt them. Last night they got killed by a AAA call up vs. their #2 starter and the night before they lost 6-0 against a pitcher with a 14.0 ERA. I think the "fun times" have ended. Back to rebuilding!

rockdale80
08-06-2009, 09:31 AM
So, the guy who claims to be all about the facts, responds to a direct question by clicking the eyeroll smiley twice.

Go figure.

Fair enough, but if you cant see the stereotyping behing that then I dont need to give you a lesson. Take care.

STANG RED
08-06-2009, 10:14 AM
:confused:
I can only assume it must have been the bean reference. Because you know us racist white folks wouldnt dare eat a bean. Therefore it could only have been a racist comment. Cmon Phanton, you know white folks dont eat beans, and are far superior to those that do!

I havent seen the thread your talking about, so I dont know who thinks I'm a racist. Dang I hope I can sleep tonight.

pirate4state
08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
:confused:
I can only assume it must have been the bean reference. Because you know us racist white folks wouldnt dare eat a bean. Therefore it could only have been a racist comment. Cmon Phanton, you know white folks dont eat beans, and are far superior to those that do!

I havent seen the thread your talking about, so I dont know who thinks I'm a racist. Dang I hope I can sleep tonight.

you're white? :eek:

but i seriously doubt that the people keeping up Tom Hicks lawn are white! :D

oops, that was probably racist of ME to say. oh well!

Phantom Stang
08-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you're white? :eek:

but i seriously doubt that the people keeping up Tom Hicks lawn are white! :D

oops, that was probably racist of ME to say. oh well!
Yeah it was.:p
The guys that mowed my lawn the other day were white. When i see a pick up truck with "so and so's Lawn Service" painted on it, the driver is usually white.

STANG RED
08-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I guess everytime my Dad headed to work and would say "Gotta go bring home the beans", or something to that effect, he was just being a racist. Dang, and all these years I never realized it. Stupid me just assumed he was talking about making a living and putting food on the table. :doh:

pirate4state
08-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah it was.:p
The guys that mowed my lawn the other day were white. When i see a pick up truck with "so and so's Lawn Service" painted on it, the driver is usually white.

I could say something here, but I'm gonna leave it alone. :wave:

BobcatBenny
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM
The Rangers suck because they have the ability to get your long deprived good baseball hopes up ...playing just good enough to stay in what appears to be striking distance of the playoffs ... which creates a massive low pressure system over the cities of baseball futility ... causing many of the justifiably distainful potential DFW fanbase to be drawn into the vortex ... creating the perfect storm of soul sucking delusional fandom ... this is the MLB franchise of suckage ... the Texas Rangers.

JMO

Phantom Stang
08-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Stupid me just assumed he was talking about making a living and putting food on the table. :doh:
That's exactly what it means, and it's used by white folks when referring to their jobs all the time.

Phantom Stang
08-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I could say something here, but I'm gonna leave it alone. :wave:
Come on. Lets take it to the next level!:D

Pick6
08-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Heck, I work in the Sod business, had taco's and beans for supper last night. Am I still White??

pirate4state
08-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Heck, I work in the Sod business, had taco's and beans for supper last night. Am I still White??

:doh:

STANG RED
08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Pick6

Quick! Eat a piece of angle food cake, and rinse it down with milk. Your soul may be able to be saved yet.

Buckeye1980
08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
all the people criticizing the Rangers were the ones on the bandwagon last month, it has been a GREAT year regardless what happens ferom here on , no one expected to contend this year but they are still in contention ....maybe that sucking sound you hear is not the Rangers ,but that hollow spot in the middle of your head where your brain use to be !:mad:

eagles_victory
08-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
all the people criticizing the Rangers were the ones on the bandwagon last month, it has been a GREAT year regardless what happens ferom here on , no one expected to contend this year but they are still in contention ....maybe that sucking sound you hear is not the Rangers ,but that hollow spot in the middle of your head where your brain use to be !:mad: I hate when people start yelling they werent suppose to win this year. Hell they havent won a damn thing in 10 years when are they suppose to win?

Farmersfan
08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
The Rangers suck because they have the ability to get your long deprived good baseball hopes up ...playing just good enough to stay in what appears to be striking distance of the playoffs ... which creates a massive low pressure system over the cities of baseball futility ... causing many of the justifiably distainful potential DFW fanbase to be drawn into the vortex ... creating the perfect storm of soul sucking delusional fandom ... this is the MLB franchise of suckage ... the Texas Rangers.

JMO

Sounds a lot like another Dallas area franchise! If you know what I mean?

BreckTxLonghorn
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
The Rangers suck because Wade Phillips has no discipline.

rockdale80
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Quick! Eat a piece of angle food cake, and rinse it down with milk. Your soul may be able to be saved yet.

Did you mean angel or anglo?:)

Phantom Stang
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
The Rangers suck because Wade Phillips has no discipline.
Now that right there is FUNNY .... I don't care who you are !!:D :clap: