PDA

View Full Version : just found out i tore my ACL

goosealaniz
08-04-2009, 11:49 PM
well... back in june i was playing volleyball at my church and somebodys knee hit mine... a month and a half later the doctor can finally see me and shows me a HUGE tear in my ACL... well... today was also my first day of work... and i had to tell them i tore my ACL and cant lift anything heavy and things like that... my laptop broke first thing in the morning... this day is top 3 of the worst days of my life... also... we decided to put off surgery till december so i can get started wit my job and school... and do the surgery during winter break... i hate this day...

lulu
08-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
well... back in june i was playing volleyball at my church and somebodys knee hit mine... a month and a half later the doctor can finally see me and shows me a HUGE tear in my ACL... well... today was also my first day of work... and i had to tell them i tore my ACL and cant lift anything heavy and things like that... my laptop broke first thing in the morning... this day is top 3 of the worst days of my life... also... we decided to put off surgery till december so i can get started wit my job and school... and do the surgery during winter break... i hate this day...

Just think...things can only get better. Seems like some days we just can't win. Good luck and think positive.

JasperDog94
08-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Hang in there brother.

44INAROW
08-05-2009, 09:10 AM
sorry bout the bad luck and especially the knee.....:( Don't give up - it will get better ;)

Rabid Cougar
08-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Dude, You could be a lot worse off. No job. Unable to work . Even dead. Things happen that aren't planned for. It is to what degree you want to make them bad. A bum knee is a bump in the road.

You are safe and healthy. The sun is shining and you are able to see it. No day is a bad day if you can do that.

Believe me and others on here .....you will have worse.

There.... I've done my "Dad" thing for today.

RHCat1031
08-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Now a days an ACL is easy to repair, but let me tell ya it takes alot of determination to rehab it to full strength.

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2009, 09:03 PM
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

I can't believe I just c&p that song...I don't particularly care for it. :rolleyes: :doh:

I know what you're going through, goose. And yes, it could be worse, even though I know that doesn't make you feel any better right now. :)

goosealaniz
08-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Dude, You could be a lot worse off. No job. Unable to work .

well... academy just fired me cuz i told my boss that i tore my ACL and they said they cant risk any further injury...

catdaddy
08-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Can you pursue discrimination against the handicapped;)
Seriously, get the cadaver option. Don't let them try to make your own body the donor.

txkmom
08-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I am so sorry about your ACL, and now, your job. My daughter had the (self-donor) patellar graft procedure done on her torn ACL in October 2008, and it has been very successful. Daniel Cooper in Dallas did the surgery. He is the team physician for the Cowboys and knees are evidently his specialty. She was up and on it 2 days after the surgery, and the rehab was indescribably tough, and still ongoing, but she came back before the end of the high school softball season. She threw a 10-inning game the other night in OKC. A friend's sister had the cadaver patellar graft and hasn't had any problems either. Good luck!