PDA

View Full Version : Scandrick pops Williams..Williams trys to shrug it off

IrishTex
08-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Wow, nice hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GDB7fJoVtw&feature=player_embedded) by Orlando Scandrick on Roy Williams yesterday, and I love how Roy Williams tried to downplay it by saying he didn't have his helment buckled.

My question is, "why don't you have your equipment on and ready to play football Roy?"

It's this type of attitude that needs to change for the Cowboys for them to be considered serious about how they make their living.

Farmersfan
08-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Wow, nice hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GDB7fJoVtw&feature=player_embedded) by Orlando Scandrick on Roy Williams yesterday, and I love how Roy Williams tried to downplay it by saying he didn't have his helment buckled.

My question is, "why don't you have your equipment on and ready to play football Roy?"

It's this type of attitude that needs to change for the Cowboys for them to be considered serious about how they make their living.

This attitude will not change as long as Wade Philips is the Head Coach. He laughs off the "Camp Cupcake" accusations but considering how the Cowboys couldn't tackle at times last season perhaps he needs to rethink.................

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2009, 08:11 AM
wow the things u guys look for to gripe about lol

Pick6
08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

True TXB. I think Lew and farmersfan are keith7's parents.

LHexPlayer
08-04-2009, 08:28 AM
This is a non-issue with Roy. I was there all day yesterday and it was camp cupcake. I have been to a few different training camp practices over the years and this was the easiest camp I have seen ever. This hit on Roy was just one of two hits all day. The other was when Brady James gave a forearm shot to a fullback and laid him on his back. The offense never expected to get hit all day because every other play besides those two were essentially touch football.

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I was expecting a Ronnie Lott/Steve Atwater type
hit. Those two looked more like than ran into
each other.:doh:

LHexPlayer
08-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I was expecting a Ronnie Lott/Steve Atwater type
hit. Those two looked more like than ran into
each other.:doh:

That was my perception as well.

Farmersfan
08-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Don't you think football is more attitude than anything else? Success or failure comes from the mental preparation as much as the physical preparation. Under Wade Philips this team has underacheived very badly so a rational man would assume an adjustment is needed. Wade promised changes! Jerry promised changes! Romo promised changes! Then camp starts and it's business as usual........................................... Aren't you disappointed?

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Don't you think football is more attitude than anything else? Success or failure comes from the mental preparation as much as the physical preparation. Under Wade Philips this team has underacheived very badly so a rational man would assume an adjustment is needed. Wade promised changes! Jerry promised changes! Romo promised changes! Then camp starts and it's business as usual........................................... Aren't you disappointed?

disappointed in what? TODAY's NFL camps are not like ones of old. Most teams DONT hit like they used to. I showed you text from a Cowboys chat on DMN where they talked about it and a guy who used to be in front offices for various teams pointed out that the Salary Cap has caused most teams to shy away from being real physical at camp. You just cant risk it.

We all know the Cowboys O-Line is not real deep..Do you really want to risk losing a guy in August just so you can say hay we hit cause we are tough!!!

Also if camp was the problem I would think they would start SLOW out of the gate and not fast like they always do.

BTW the coach known for "softening" camps up was Bill Walsh..and his teams seem to do allright even if they did not hit alot.

BILLYFRED0000
08-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Personally I think early camp should be about implementing and conditioning. Plenty of hitting going on soon enough. These guys know how to play. It's not like they have never hit or been hit before. Particularly for the O. D always starts out fast if they are any good. the o needs time.

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
True TXB. I think Lew and farmersfan are keith7's parents.

:spitlol: :1omg!: :fnypost:

poor Keith!!

I think we'll just call IT & FF ... rinse & repeat! :D

Emerson1
08-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Eagles starting MLB out for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4374410

IrishTex
08-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:spitlol: :1omg!: :fnypost:

poor Keith!!

I think we'll just call IT & FF ... rinse & repeat! :D

LOL nah....Keith is an Iggles fan...I couldn't spawn that kind of fan..:D

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 11:03 AM

Deion rarely buckled his helmet fully. Look at pictures of Irvin, his straps are loose. TO did most of the time, but they hung loose every now and then. Nobody really questioned their effort when they were on the field or the coaches' attitude at the time.

Maybe you're just trying to find issues to gripe about, instead of realizing it's the nature of the game, not just the 'Boys.

DDBooger
08-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Tom Brady was hit in the face with a cake yesterday at practice. Bill Bellicheck is slipping :(

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Tom Brady was hit in the face with a cake yesterday at practice. Bill Bellicheck is slipping :(

They'll go right back to the gutter with that laissez-faire attitude.

DDBooger
08-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
They'll go right back to the gutter with that laissez-faire attitude. They were all walking around playing grab-a$$ and Brady didn't even have his helmet on. When they did practice it was tag. :rolleyes: Bill is changing

IrishTex
08-04-2009, 11:13 AM
No, not really trying to gripe per se...

But you bring up a good point.

I think Michael Irvin has 3 rings. Deion has some Super Bowl experience as well. My belief is if you have been to the top, you can do pretty much what you want...you are a proven commodity.

This version of the Cowboys maybe the most embarrassing "team" to wear the star of the Dallas Cowboys, and the entire tradition and mystique the Cowboys once had...

To wit...last year..giving up two long runs to Baltimore of over 75 yeards each....and then still having a chance to make the playoffs if they can just beat Philly...but nooooooo, they lose in record fashion to the hated and feared Iggles.

So yeah...I guess I'm griping. Haven't seen the playoffs in well over a decade.
I say the Cowboys need to focus on football again.

Stop making YouTube videos.
Stop doing Rap records.
Stop complaining about stuff.
Stop going on the practice field unprepared.

PLAY FOOTBALL!

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
They were all walking around playing grab-a$$ and Brady didn't even have his helmet on. When they did practice it was tag. :rolleyes: Bill is changing

I heard they're not even using a real football. To make Brady feel like his arm is 100%, Belichek has inisted the team use a Vortex (http://www.besportier.com/archives/nerf-vortex-ultra-lite-football.jpg)

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 11:23 AM
No, not really trying to gripe per se...

But you bring up a good point.

I think Michael Irvin has 3 rings. Deion has some Super Bowl experience as well. My belief is if you have been to the top, you can do pretty much what you want...you are a proven commodity.

This version of the Cowboys maybe the most embarrassing "team" to wear the star of the Dallas Cowboys, and the entire tradition and mystique the Cowboys once had...

To wit...last year..giving up two long runs to Baltimore of over 75 yeards each....and then still having a chance to make the playoffs if they can just beat Philly...but nooooooo, they lose in record fashion to the hated and feared Iggles.

So yeah...I guess I'm griping. Haven't seen the playoffs in well over a decade.
I say the Cowboys need to focus on football again.

Stop making YouTube videos.
Stop doing Rap records.
Stop going on the practice field unprepared.

PLAY FOOTBALL!

Yeah, because Deion and Irvin were super humble before they won anything and never let loose. Nope, not one bit.

Stop making subtle pimps to your blog through new threads.
Stop going on the boards to put down a team that you feel isn't good, yet you say you love.

BE A FAN AND SUPPORT A TEAM!

Pick6
08-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Haven't seen the playoffs in well over a decade.

:doh:

13-3 just 2 years ago and in the playoffs.

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah, because Deion and Irvin were super humble before they won anything and never let loose. Nope, not one bit.

Stop going on the boards to put down a team that you feel isn't good, yet you say you love.

hehehehe :clap:

Electus Unus
08-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Peyton Manning doesn't even wear a chin strap during practice.

IrishTex
08-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Correction:

Haven't won a playoff game in over a decade. Excuse me.

(semantics)

IrishTex
08-04-2009, 12:43 PM

Funny how you can't just talk about the opinions about the Cowboys...you have to go personal.

I'm not putting down the Cowboys...I'm trying to understand their mindset to a football season. Maybe you think we should all be happy they haven't won a playoff game in over a decade. Maybe you think everything is hunky dorey and it's ok to see the Cowboys get their behind tanned year after year. Maybe you like mediocrity...maybe that's all you want.

I, on the other hand, would like to see the Cowboys return to winning again. Winning playoff games. Winning Super Bowls. But that's just me.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Funny how you can't just talk about the opinions about the Cowboys...you have to go personal.

I'm not putting down the Cowboys...I'm trying to understand their mindset to a football season. Maybe you think we should all be happy they haven't won a playoff game in over a decade. Maybe you think everything is hunky dorey and it's ok to see the Cowboys get their behind tanned year after year. Maybe you like mediocrity...maybe that's all you want.

I, on the other hand, would like to see the Cowboys return to winning again. Winning playoff games. Winning Super Bowls. But that's just me.

*sigh* Okay Lew, let me break it down for you.

My post was a 'play-on'. What that means: I take a previous post and use the same format to turn it around. If I wanted to do a 'play on' the quoted post, I could say:

Funny how you won't deny shameless pimping of your own site.
or
Funny how you tell teams to stop complaining, but it's done while complaining.

See?:D

Okay, now...

I'm not putting down the Cowboys...

This version of the Cowboys maybe the most embarrassing "team" to wear the star of the Dallas Cowboys,

It's this type of attitude that needs to change for the Cowboys for them to be considered serious

Guess what? That's putting them down.

I'm not saying that we must all be 100% content in Cowboy-land. But there's a difference in wondering what the issues were last year that should be addressed this year (injuries, Greg Ellis) to finding one non-factor (a freakin' chinstrap that many
players (http://www.nfltouchdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/randy_moss.jpg) in the past ten years have done (http://media.photobucket.com/image/deion%20sanders/P-Rez25/All-Time%20Draft/DeionSanders.jpg)) into a rant and rave about attitude and discipline. If you're gonna make an issue, okay fine, but find a legitimate one and stop trying to find faults in a team you declare fan-dom in.

And to be honest, don't remember you griping during their 13-3 run a few years back whenever they were picked to win the SB before losing to the eventual SB champs. (Oh wait, that was in 200708 hmmmm)

I have no issues with wanting a team to do well, and I want the Cowboys to be Super Bowl caliber, which I won't have a true idea about until the end of preseason because I won't be at every practice.

But I'm also not going to go find cause for concern in something insignificant. Like a chinstrap.

Pick6
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM

Funny how you won't deny shameless pimping of your own site.

Long live The Pony Express, oh wait...:doh:

IrishTex
08-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Long live The Pony Express, oh wait...:doh:

Hahaha Actually, it's still there...
Dormant...but like me, still alive.

:clap: :clap: :D

Farmersfan
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM

You can't win IT! Most of these people have grown accustomed to the mediocrity. If you ask Wade Philips why his team has underachieved so badly over the past several years he will tell you they went 13-3 just two years ago.(even though they were favored for the SB). If you ask why his defense misses so many tackles he will tell you the other guy is breaking tackles. If you ask him why Adams false starts so much he will tell you Adams gets it right 95% of the time. He's a life-long excuse maker and the SHEEP have fallen in step behind him. The only defense they have to deal with the truth is to claim we aren't real fans if we don't shut up and just accept what we get. I think we need to designate them

"The Lemmings squad". :D :D :D

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 01:54 PM
You can't win IT! Most of these people have grown accustomed to the mediocrity. If you ask Wade Philips why his team has underachieved so badly over the past several years he will tell you they went 13-3 just two years ago.(even though they were favored for the SB). If you ask why his defense misses so many tackles he will tell you the other guy is breaking tackles. If you ask him why Adams false starts so much he will tell you Adams gets it right 95% of the time. He's a life-long excuse maker and the SHEEP have fallen in step behind him. The only defense they have to deal with the truth is to claim we aren't real fans if we don't shut up and just accept what we get. I think we need to designate them

Haha, I'll take it!

And we'll call all of those who call themselves fans, but predict the demise before the first game of the season...

"The Lose-ers":D :D :D

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 02:08 PM

I don't like it one bit, but I'm not gonna B&M about every chance I get! I wait until it's game time and yell at the tv. :D

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't like it one bit, but I'm not gonna B&M about every chance I get! I wait until it's game time and yell at the tv. :D

You can join me in the Lemming Squad if you'd like.

Pick6
08-04-2009, 02:10 PM

Exactly.

Farmersfan
08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Haha, I'll take it!

And we'll call all of those who call themselves fans, but predict the demise before the first game of the season...

"The Lose-ers":D :D :D

Agreed! And we will both cry together at the end of another underachieving season that showed the 'boys were poor tacklers, undisciplined and led by a QB with an affinity for the dramatic turnover. The only difference will be that you will cry "Why!, Why! Why!" and I will cry "I told you so!". And next season we will do this all over again.
Isn't this fun?????

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Agreed! And we will both cry together at the end of another underachieving season that showed the 'boys were poor tacklers, undisciplined and led by a QB with an affinity for the dramatic turnover. The only difference will be that you will cry "Why!, Why! Why!" and I will cry "I told you so!". And next season we will do this all over again.
Isn't this fun?????

Actually, I'll cry "I can't believe they....."

And then you'll say "I told you so!"

And you're right, next season we'll do it all again. And it will be fun for me, as I'll be excited and hopefull about another year of football instead planning the reasons why it won't go well.

Rather a lemming with hope than a lose-er with dread.

TheDOCTORdre
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
and if the 'Boys happen to win the Super Bowl this year we'll hear ya'll talking about how you always had faith in the 'Boys :D

Farmersfan
08-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
and if the 'Boys happen to win the Super Bowl this year we'll hear ya'll talking about how you always had faith in the 'Boys :D

Boy! This is about as simplistic an idea as you can get. I will support them no matter what and once every 20 years when they finally get their Shi* together and win the big one you will have your "I told you so"????? So the people who recognize their shortcomings for 19 straight years and discuss them on a forum are then proven WRONG? Wow!

And some of you need to realize that people discussing their opinions of the weaknesses of the team is not B&M'ing. The B&M'ing takes place when YOU cry about what people think about your team. There is a difference between the two.

Pmoney
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
That hit was....a regular hit. I don't understand why people are saying he popped him or he hit-sticked him...that was a regular hit and Roy just didnt strap up

And for the arguement y'all need to stop whining! it's training camp not week 9 of the regular season. Your team didn't start the season 0-4...They are 0-0 just like everybody else! Don't you believe that the game of football needs more mental prep than physical? These guys are pros they have been hit before...maybe they need to get back on the same page mentally like running the right routes or using the right footwork?

TheDOCTORdre
08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Boy! This is about as simplistic an idea as you can get. I will support them no matter what and once every 20 years when they finally get their Shi* together and win the big one you will have your "I told you so"????? So the people who recognize their shortcomings for 19 straight years and discuss them on a forum are then proven WRONG? Wow!

And some of you need to realize that people discussing their opinions of the weaknesses of the team is not B&M'ing. The B&M'ing takes place when YOU cry about what people think about your team. There is a difference between the two.

did i hit a nerve? you must not be familiar with the nature of most of my posts being sarcastic...come on man you got be bigger than that...sad story

Rabid Cougar
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
You do realize that this is not the first time that the Cowboys have been labled as underachievers.

Tom Landry could never win the BIG ONE prior to 1970.

Danny White's bunch was just as inconsistant in the late '80s.

Aikmans first year very forgetful.

I'm a life long Cowbay fan,actually saw them play in the Cotton Bowl, and I'm definitly not making excuses them, my cat hides when the Cowboys play. They will get your hopes up only to bludgeon them to pieces. Every once in a while they give you a glimer of what possibly could be the year then..... That is all that you can say about them.

pirate4state
08-05-2009, 01:31 PM

LOL whatever you say chief!