PDA

View Full Version : Whats controversial about Mohawk haircut?

Electus Unus
08-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I just read that it was controversial in the Rockdale newspaper. Weird I think that they consider it controversial

BobcatBenny
08-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Well for one, I was just reading a study on how different hair styles affect the potential of a helmet's (specifically football) protection of the wearer. The Mohawk style created the most significant design and engineering issues in the entire study.

Electus Unus
08-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well for one, I was just reading a study on how different hair styles affect the potential of a helmet's (specifically football) protection of the wearer. The Mohawk style created the most significant design and engineering issues in the entire study. I can't believe a mohawk would be worse than dreads.

bigwood33
08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Not a fan of either. Of course, if someone says something negative about dreds, they will immediately be labeled a racist.

JasperDog94
08-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I pity the fool who don't like mohawks!!!

bigwood33
08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
:tisk: :tisk: No pity needed. I'm more of a crew cut guy than a mohawk guy.

SintonFan
08-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I just read that it was controversial in the Rockdale newspaper. Weird I think that they consider it controversial
:eek:
So a Mohawk is now mainstream?:doh:

zebrablue2
08-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I pity the fool who don't like mohawks!!!

ROFL.

PurpleFreddy
08-03-2009, 10:13 PM
How about that it's just stupid ... and shows how much a teenager is NOT being an individual ... just like tattoos, lip and body piercings, and funky colored hair. The body God gave you is fine the way it its.
What would you think if we strung Christmas lights all around the Grand Canyon?

Additup
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Nothing wrong IF you understand "Shumani Tutanka Owachi"...(I know it's Lakota Siouan not Mohawk, but you get my point)

IF NOT, just cut your hair. Save the "self-expression" for after you're earning your own living ...

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/jennyann-punks85small-lr.jpg

Trashman
08-03-2009, 10:44 PM

Whats controversial about it? I'm wearing a reverse mohawk right now.:D

swstangs001
08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
How about that it's just stupid ... and shows how much a teenager is NOT being an individual ... just like tattoos, lip and body piercings, and funky colored hair. The body God gave you is fine the way it its.

So are you against religous tattoos?

Electus Unus
08-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Whats controversial about it? I'm wearing a reverse mohawk right now.:D You just asked the same question I just asked. lol

I think if people want to look retarded let them

formercougar18
08-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Nothing wrong with having a mohawk if its like a 3 and the rest of the head is a 1. And i don't get why dreads are allowed but other kid's are not allowed to have long hair.....Jesus had long hair, so why cant the kids?

Electus Unus
08-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by formercougar18
Nothing wrong with having a mohawk if its like a 3 and the rest of the head is a 1. And i don't get why dreads are allowed but other kid's are not allowed to have long hair.....Jesus had long hair, so why cant the kids? There is no place for religion in school.

bigwood33
08-04-2009, 06:58 AM
There is no place for religion in school.
:D

PurpleFreddy
08-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by swstangs001
So are you against religous tattoos?

Yes. Any tattoos.

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 09:23 AM
There is no place for religion in school.

lol

This is just a silly topic to discuss on this board. You already know what the majority is gonna say!

BuffyMars
08-04-2009, 09:43 AM
it is hair. what's the big deal. :rolleyes:

Phantom Stang
08-04-2009, 09:48 AM
High School football players have gotten Mohawks, off and on, since at least the 1940s.

DU_stud04
08-04-2009, 10:18 AM
i have a kid on my select team with a mohawk. told him he could keep it if i never catch anyone out hustle him. he has the technique and skill....if he stays with football and keeps his nose clean, yall might be hearing his name as a top recruit in a few years for dlinemen. told the team if we go undefeated they can cut my hair like that.....bad thing for me they haven't lost in 3 years :(

:D

DDBooger
08-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
High School football players have gotten Mohawks, off and on, since at least the 1940s. hell, Marines cut it so high and tight they look like Mohawks. Now if you do that and paint your face and put a tattoo on your head like that gentleman from Tech, well, that's different. :) haha

BwdLions
08-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Jesus had long hair, so why cant the kids?

I'm pretty sure everybody had long hair back in those days.

Phantom Stang
08-04-2009, 11:23 AM

hmmm....:thinking:

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 11:34 AM
What would you think if we strung Christmas lights all around the Grand Canyon? In these tough times I'd think that is a bad idea AND we would need a huge extension cord! :D

TheDOCTORdre
08-04-2009, 11:35 AM

this implies we shouldnt cut our hair or anything. and how do you feel about ladies piercing their ears....and why is a mohawk just stupid? its just another different type of hair cut isnt it? and whats wrong with tattoos

Electus Unus
08-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I'm pretty sure everybody had long hair back in those days. Some say Jesus haircut was a mullet...I like to think so myself

PurpleFreddy
08-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
this implies we shouldnt cut our hair or anything. and how do you feel about ladies piercing their ears....and why is a mohawk just stupid? its just another different type of hair cut isnt it? and whats wrong with tattoos

Read my first post closely. It's my own personal belief that it is tacky, hideous, and unnecessary to pierce, tattoo, or color the human body. I'm okay with traditional ear piercings (as long as there aren't 20 of them).
Teenagers do this for one reason and one reason only--shock value. They don't do it to "express themselves" or to "be an individual." Just shock value.
My oldest daughter started college last year and we told her about two non-negotiables: tattoos and lip or body piercings. I found out she got a lip ring. Her mother called her and told her NOT to come home with it. She had it taken out and the hole healed up. I don't believe she lost any of her individuality along the way.
Now, when she is paying her own way, she can do whatever she wants.

MJMbrahmas10
08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
i swear some people on here dont have anything else better to do then complain and moan

big daddy russ
08-04-2009, 01:57 PM
I used to have a mohawk. I've also always wanted a tattoo.

Discuss.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Discuss.

Poser.

DaHop72
08-04-2009, 02:00 PM
You just asked the same question I just asked. lol

I think if people want to look retarded let them :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I think you missed what he was trying to say. :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 02:00 PM

Discuss.

I've always liked you Russ. :D

DaHop72
08-04-2009, 02:04 PM

Discuss. I wish I had enough hair on the top of my head that it could be cut into a mohawk. :D :D

I don't do needles unless it's for health purposes, but to each his own.

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 02:05 PM
speaking of tattoos I ran across this on the facebook page "tattoo page" haha

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5533_1199064542012_1390488890_559760_4999796_n.jpg

:eek: :eek:

this might too much for some of yall to handle :devil:

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
speaking of tattoos I ran across this on the facebook page "tattoo page" haha

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5533_1199064542012_1390488890_559760_4999796_n.jpg

:eek: :eek:

this might too much for some of yall to handle :devil:

Those are pretty big eyes....if the owner doesn't watch it, they'll be squinting in 15 years.

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Those are pretty big eyes....if the owner doesn't watch it, they'll be squinting in 15 years.

haha you should see some of the other tattoos on this page

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
haha you should see some of the other tattoos on this page

Can I check it at work? Or would you say...that's not safe?

pirate4state
08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
wth

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs168.snc1/6288_113633362962_651777962_2437354_1925565_n.jpg

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
wth

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs168.snc1/6288_113633362962_651777962_2437354_1925565_n.jpg

Awwww, that's nasty.

Farmersfan
08-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I've always wanted a tatoo of a mohawk!!!!!!!

Trashman
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I think you missed what he was trying to say. :doh: :doh:

Right you are DaHop. I think Electus is a little slow on the up take. :thinking:

BuffyMars
08-04-2009, 06:14 PM

ooooooooooooo!!!

pretty!!

BuffyMars
08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
wth

mmm cupcakes...why must you people distract me?!?!

DDBooger
08-04-2009, 06:15 PM
do people with wolf shirts have mohawks, generally speaking

Electus Unus
08-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
do people with wolf shirts have mohawks, generally speaking no....they have mullets

mustang04
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm okay with traditional ear piercings (as long as there aren't 20 of them).
Teenagers do this for one reason and one reason only--shock value. They don't do it to "express themselves" or to "be an individual." Just shock value.

Yeah...shock value to stand out from cookie-cutter traditional views.....obviously not a single person who has ever gotten a tattoo did it to express their self:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
08-04-2009, 08:09 PM
You should have seen the tattoo that 44inarow sent me in a email today!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Definitely not board appropriate!!!

jimmyceatworld
08-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I had a teammate who got a mohawk during two a days my senior year. The first day of school after our principal had seen it, he got on the PA and said something like, "although it's not in the school rule book, mohawks aren't allowed."

It seems to me that people too often squeeze ideas into much too small of boxes.

formercougar18
08-05-2009, 01:44 AM
it's 2009 some people need to realize that people really don't care anymore. Just because a kid has a tat, a mohawk, or his ears pierced does not make him a bad football player, or a bad kid. These are just dumb stereotypes that some people can't get over. Half of the kids who have tattoos, body piercings, or mohawks are probably smarter than half the people who are talking mess about them.

carter08
08-05-2009, 02:01 AM

Wrong.

WylieBulldog92
08-05-2009, 02:44 AM
it's 2009 some people need to realize that people really don't care anymore. Just because a kid has a tat, a mohawk, or his ears pierced does not make him a bad football player, or a bad kid. These are just dumb stereotypes that some people can't get over. Half of the kids who have tattoos, body piercings, or mohawks are probably smarter than half the people who are talking mess about them. Agreed. That goes for the same thing as far as music and movies someone likes and anything else that is shown on the outside of the person, people will have their stereotypes let them have at it. Even though they look like fools in the process they won't learn to stop.

I. B. Watching
08-05-2009, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Additup
[B]Nothing wrong IF you understand "Shumani Tutanka Owachi"...(I know it's Lakota Siouan not Mohawk, but you get my point)

IF NOT, just cut your hair. Save the "self-expression" for after you're earning your own living ...
[QUOTE]
I agree. Nothing's controversial about it - if you are a Mohawk

BobcatBenny
08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
it's 2009 some people need to realize that people really don't care anymore. Just because a kid has a tat, a mohawk, or his ears pierced does not make him a bad football player, or a bad kid. These are just dumb stereotypes that some people can't get over. Half of the kids who have tattoos, body piercings, or mohawks are probably smarter than half the people who are talking mess about them.
There are vast amounts of people that are more intelligent than 'ol Benny.

But ... unless you are a sailor, Marine or Ranger Mom ... stay away from tattoos.

And ... if you do not work in a "Freak" show ... avoid drastic piercings.

Neither is a sign of intelligence.

Hair ... on the other hand ... usually grows back ... or on your back.

Get a mowhawk? ... Only if you are tough enough to deal with consequences. If you want to stand out as an individual in a team environment ... you are setting yourself up for a lot of pain ... At least if you are on Benny's team. :eek:

And ... tolerance towards people making bad choices ... is going to fall out of fashion. And "Care" is going to eventually replace "PC" again.

Farmersfan
08-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I really don't see the logic behind this discussion. It's pretty obvious that it's ALL based on bringing about attention. Perhaps not always "Shock Value" but attention none the less!

AP Panther Fan
08-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Additup
Nothing wrong IF you understand "Shumani Tutanka Owachi"...(I know it's Lakota Siouan not Mohawk, but you get my point)

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/jennyann-punks85small-lr.jpg

Funny, the girl in the back is cute with her hair cut, but the boy in the front makes me want to slap him. I think it is the make-up. His sister still looks tasteful, but he just looks like a wannabe of some sort. Mom should keep him home so I don't have to see him at the mall.:p :)

I. B. Watching
08-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Funny, the girl in the back is cute with her hair cut, but the boy in the front makes me want to slap him. I think it is the make-up. His sister still looks tasteful, but he just looks like a wannabe of some sort. Mom should keep him home so I don't have to see him at the mall.:p :)
I thought the girl in the back was one of the Stray Cats

icu812
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

I don't see a boy in that photo.

On topic our whole football team got mohawks (cut real short) last year as a show of team unity. Didn't bother me.

RedWhiteBlue
08-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I don't see a boy in that photo.

On topic our whole football team got mohawks (cut real short) last year as a show of team unity. Didn't bother me.
I didn't think that was a boy, either. Some of our boys showed up with mohawks the first day, too. They no longer have them. I think someone may have informed them that it wasn't such a good idea after all....:thinking:

ronwx5x
08-05-2009, 02:40 PM
The body God gave you is fine the way it its.

If I understand that correctly, we (men or women) should never shave nor get a haircut?

:devil:

formercougar18
08-05-2009, 04:26 PM
so since were talking about shock value and everything.....Benny, what about celina and all their spats, and neck rolls? That is all shock value and makes the team stand out? It sure doesnt make anyone else look more intelligent either. I mean i know i went to china spring and played against yall and we lost, but we weren't allowed to wear any of that stuff, not even arm bands. And i agree that i would have liked to have worn all of that, but It is all for looks and everything just like piercings, tats, and mohawks.

SintonFan
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
It is 2009... so should there be no standards of any dress codes? No standards period? Where do you draw the line?:D
So are you saying that half of the kids "who have tattoos, body piercings, or mohawks" are dumber than the people "talking mess" now?:p :D