PDA

View Full Version : Numbers for Two-a-Days

LHdog
08-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Anyone have any numbers of the kids for two-a-days at their school?

gatordaze
08-03-2009, 04:41 PM
145 for Celna

rockdale80
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
145 for Celna

That is a big JV :D

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm going to guess and say 125-140.

bwdlionfan
08-03-2009, 10:10 PM
168 at Brownwood

pirate4state
08-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
168 at Brownwood

:eek: wow

We had 115. Hearing good things about today's practice. :)

bwdlionfan
08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
That 168 at Brownwood is unconfirmed... that's just the word that got back to me

HEMOTOXIC
08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
135 is the report I'm getting from Navasota.

STANG RED
08-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Heard Wylie had a couple thousand, but have already been assured of staying 3A for as long as they want. :doh:

:D

injuredinmelee
08-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Heard Wylie had a couple thousand, but have already been assured of staying 3A for as long as they want. :doh:

just dipping in the reserves to grease the right palms.

SHSBulldog00
08-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Not sure but Sweeny had about 115-120. Can anyone confirm?

ccmom
08-03-2009, 11:35 PM

:D Wow..we must have had some last minute drop outs. (I don't know how to use the smileys from my phone, but just picture one who is rolling his eyes and yawning. : ))

injuredinmelee
08-03-2009, 11:37 PM
deep down inside there Stang loves him some Bulldog.

BEAST
08-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
That 168 at Brownwood is unconfirmed... that's just the word that got back to me

The newspaper today confirmed the count is in the 160s with appoximately 50 on varsity.

BEAST

87 TIGER
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
looked to be about 85 or so

Troybuilt
08-04-2009, 07:39 PM

I heard Wylie had about 10 or 12 quit. happens every year to them. 2 or three key players quit which is why they will never win a state title.

slingshot
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
I heard Wylie had about 10 or 12 quit. happens every year to them. 2 or three key players quit which is why they will never win a state title. He's BAAACK! Sure was nice without him for a while.... Oh well. Seems you guys had a whole lot more than 10 or 12 quit last year. Or maybe they just never came out in the first place. Never saw so few players from a school with 900+ students :rolleyes: . Reason you'll never win another state title. We won one in 2004. When was your last one?

PHS Wildcats
08-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Palestine Westwood - 90

Palestine close to 120

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
The newspaper today confirmed the count is in the 160s with appoximately 50 on varsity.

BEAST
The "word" is here we'll have 60 on varsity, which will leave 40-45 each for JV & freshman.

orange machine
08-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The "word" is here we'll have 60 on varsity, which will leave 40-45 each for JV & freshman.

Thats alot of kids even on a 4 and 5a school

LHexPlayer
08-04-2009, 09:11 PM

WOW if true. That is more than a professional team carries. Hopefully we have some players in that 60.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
WOW if true. That is more than a professional team carries. Hopefully we have some players in that 60.
I heard it from another mom. :D (We always get the scoop!)

injuredinmelee
08-05-2009, 03:18 AM
I heard Wylie had about 10 or 12 quit. happens every year to them. 2 or three key players quit which is why they will never win a state title.

when was the last time a key player quit?

Additup
08-05-2009, 04:34 AM
In the words of a very successful coach: "We've never lost a FOOTBALL PLAYER - lots of kids find out football ain't for them, but FOOTBALL PLAYERS don't quit."

The 1st post of this thread was about how many "kids" showed up for two a days. The last thing I'd want is a huge number of "kids" at two a days. "Kids" take away from committed individuals. Football ain't for everybody and it's much better to find that out about committment levels in offseason than to find out after you've handed out the pads...

When you have a high number of committed football players that have invested much in one another, you're talking about a TEAM!

hookandladder
08-05-2009, 07:09 AM

La Grange has around 150 to 160 kids out this year, looking forward to our scrimmages in a couple of weeks.

allforball
08-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Additup
In the words of a very successful coach: "We've never lost a FOOTBALL PLAYER - lots of kids find out football ain't for them, but FOOTBALL PLAYERS don't quit."

The 1st post of this thread was about how many "kids" showed up for two a days. The last thing I'd want is a huge number of "kids" at two a days. "Kids" take away from committed individuals. Football ain't for everybody and it's much better to find that out about committment levels in offseason than to find out after you've handed out the pads...

When you have a high number of committed football players that have invested much in one another, you're talking about a TEAM!

100% agree. Quality over quanity anyday.

Troybuilt
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
when was the last time a key player quit?

This year.

They are key players in high school. please tell me that Wylie doesn't think that all their players are key players.

icu812
08-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Van 115 - 9-12 grade

navscanmaster
08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
135 is the report I'm getting from Navasota.
http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/articles/2009/08/05/sports/sports02.txt

Coach Fedora had 145 on the sign up sheet, 135 sounds about right, figuring a few mind changes, etc...

BuckeyeNut
08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Gilmer Had 130

jimmyceatworld
08-05-2009, 05:16 PM
100 for Fairfield.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
it is not the numbers that BEGIN that matters..it is the number after the last day that does

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
it is not the numbers that BEGIN that matters..it is the number after the last day that does
We had 45 freshmen last year at the beginning of 2-a-days. I think there were 43 at the end of their season, and a large part of them travelled during the playoffs.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2009, 09:44 PM
We had 45 freshmen last year at the beginning of 2-a-days. I think there were 43 at the end of their season, and a large part of them travelled during the playoffs.

sorry I meant last day of two a days lol

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
sorry I meant last day of two a days lol
:p 45 then :D

SHSBulldog00
08-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Our Freshmen don't travel for playoff games. We only take the Varsity and J.V., maybe one or two freshmen.

footballgal
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Based on what I have read;

Raymondville - "95 total players"
Rio Hondo - "36 of 40 expected varsity players show up"
La Feria - "85 upper-classmen"
Hidalgo "expects 130 total players"

Bull Butter
08-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Based on what I have read;

Raymondville - "95 total players"
Rio Hondo - "36 of 40 expected varsity players show up"
La Feria - "85 upper-classmen"
Hidalgo "expects 130 total players"

The first three sound about right but Hidalgo won't get that many until all their recruits get cleared

injuredinmelee
08-06-2009, 09:44 AM
This year.

They are key players in high school. please tell me that Wylie doesn't think that all their players are key players.

I dont know why i bother messing with any of your comments but please tell me when KEY Wylie players as you put it quit? Any example will be appreciated.

Twirling Time
08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
145 for Celna

They'll have to stack the kids two deep on the sideline in the playoffs. ;D

Electus Unus
08-06-2009, 02:26 PM
The Rockdale Reporter reported 80 for Rockdale

44INAROW
08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
approx 35 for Cuero (Varsity)........ maybe 100 total with Freshman and JV..

sotex
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
104 for Hondo. 38 of which are freshmen

navscanmaster
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
The Rockdale Reporter reported 80 for Rockdale

That doesn't sound all that good for Rockdale. I know that they will be salty this year, but is that an indication of how many families have moved away since Alcoa went in the crapper?

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Our Freshmen don't travel for playoff games. We only take the Varsity and J.V., maybe one or two freshmen.
Ours don't always.....

Troybuilt
08-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I dont know why i bother messing with any of your comments but please tell me when KEY Wylie players as you put it quit? Any example will be appreciated.

I got one better than that. Why don't you ask the AD/head coach because they all have to exit through him. your office shouldn't be too far away from his. right?

injuredinmelee
08-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I got one better than that. Why don't you ask the AD/head coach because they all have to exit through him. your office shouldn't be too far away from his. right?

lmbo you are even more ridiculous than I could of imagined You obviously ust love to flap your lips making big broad statements that you can in no way prove so I wil just continue to laugh off every one of your post and chalk it up to your wanting to be taken serious.

RTigMom
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
90 in Rockdale

Ex-Tiger2005
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
80-85 for Lamesa. thats good considering last year they had app. half of this years total!!! my bro hasnt got the numbers yet on Snyder but he said there was a lot of people there at practice!!!

slingshot
08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
I got one better than that. Why don't you ask the AD/head coach because they all have to exit through him. your office shouldn't be too far away from his. right? Just what I thought... he couldn't name one.:rolleyes:

GetRDoneStangs
08-07-2009, 05:36 PM
110 for Sweetwater

wimbo_pro
08-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Tell me again...how many returning starters does LH have????

catdaddy
08-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Exactly one less than a week ago........:(

LHexPlayer
08-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by catdaddy
Exactly one less than a week ago........:(

What does that mean?

catgut
08-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Paris had 115 in grades 10-12 Should be a good sized freshman class

LHexPlayer
08-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Tell me again...how many returning starters does LH have????

I guess 3 now. Although I heard there was a running back from Wimberley that wants to run some slot-t.;)

wimbo_pro
08-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
I guess 3 now. Although I heard there was a running back from Wimberley that wants to run some slot-t.;)

LOL@LHex...saaayyyy whhhaaaaatttt???

catdaddy
08-08-2009, 04:09 PM
The UIL in its infinite wisdom denied my son his final year of eligibility. We discovered his learning disability as he was leaving the 8th grade and the middle school refused to allow him to be held back. They placed him in the 9th grade for 2 weeks before we got the superintendent involved and got him moved back. Eddie Wolski (UIL) said that he was voluntarily held back and his 4 year clock began and the appeals committee voted 4-3 on monday finalizing the decision. The real killer is that he was not involved in sports as a kid because he just wasn't interested so they can't say we held him back for athletic purposes. He didn't even play football in the 7th grade. Gage has several DI schools following him and was even picked by Dave Campbells as the preseason district defensive MVP. That would open up a lot of opportunities that would otherwise be nonexistent. We are now scrambling to enroll both boys in private school.

navscanmaster
08-08-2009, 04:13 PM
The UIL in its infinite wisdom denied my son his final year of eligibility. We discover his learning disability as he was leaving the 8th grade and the middle school refused to allow him to be held back. They placed him in the 9th grade for 2 weeks before we got the superintendent involved and got him moved back. Eddie Wolski (UIL) said that he was voluntarily held back and his 4 year clock began and the appeals committee voted 4-3 on monday finalizing the decision. The real killer is that he was not involved in sports as a kid because he just wasn't interested so they can't say we held him back for athletic purposes. He didn't even play football in the 7th grade. Gage has several DI schools following him and was even picked by Dave Campbells as the preseason district defensive MVP. That would open up a lot of opportunities that would otherwise be nonexistent. We are now scrambling to enroll both boys in private school.

Sounds bad to me. I hope that you are able to get him into private school soon. Good luck.

injuredinmelee
08-08-2009, 04:16 PM
The UIL in its infinite wisdom denied my son his final year of eligibility. We discovered his learning disability as he was leaving the 8th grade and the middle school refused to allow him to be held back. They placed him in the 9th grade for 2 weeks before we got the superintendent involved and got him moved back. Eddie Wolski (UIL) said that he was voluntarily held back and his 4 year clock began and the appeals committee voted 4-3 on monday finalizing the decision. The real killer is that he was not involved in sports as a kid because he just wasn't interested so they can't say we held him back for athletic purposes. He didn't even play football in the 7th grade. Gage has several DI schools following him and was even picked by Dave Campbells as the preseason district defensive MVP. That would open up a lot of opportunities that would otherwise be nonexistent. We are now scrambling to enroll both boys in private school.

sorry to hear that.

LHexPlayer
08-08-2009, 04:46 PM

Sorry to hear that catdaddy. I wish your family the best in the future.

catdaddy
08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys, it's really been a rough/hectic week. Best wishes to everyone's teams this year. It's gonna be hard not seeing all the teams and fans we're used to.

bigwood33
08-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Good luck with the switch to the TAPPS. He should be a monster!

Looking4number8
08-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Wow, that sucks. The bad thing if you werent at LH and were somewhere where football does not rule, you probally would not have had any problems. Good luck with the private school thing and keep us posted on how he is doing there.

catdaddy
08-08-2009, 06:14 PM
We thought of that but there were no board members from any rival schools or even anyone I remember playing. Two of the four that voted against us had been on the board for a couple of centuries. (Akins has a HS named after him in Austin) I really think they were set to vote us down before we arrived. Heaven forbid someone gets a waiver then everyone might file for one...I 'm gonna try to read the downlow when I can but it's gonna be hard because I'm holding ALOT of pinned up anger knowing he was forced to miss his senior year.

solocam
08-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Hate to hear this Cat Daddy,I was looking forward to seeing Gage play this year

SHSBulldog00
08-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I have a number confirmation of 106 for Sweeny.

43 on Varsity.

Troybuilt
08-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Just what I thought... he couldn't name one.:rolleyes:

yeah right.

Here u go. Ensor, Strong, Rothwell.

Looking4number8
08-09-2009, 10:22 AM
We thought of that but there were no board members from any rival schools or even anyone I remember playing. Two of the four that voted against us had been on the board for a couple of centuries. (Akins has a HS named after him in Austin) I really think they were set to vote us down before we arrived. Heaven forbid someone gets a waiver then everyone might file for one...I 'm gonna try to read the downlow when I can but it's gonna be hard because I'm holding ALOT of pinned up anger knowing he was forced to miss his senior year.

i am not saying the UIL had members that wanted you guys to loose, just that they did not want to hear the complaints of ineligible player from other teams trying to get a competitive advantage,

catdaddy
08-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Considering the amount of evidence we presented, I don't see how anyone could get a waiver.

SintonFan
08-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
Anyone have any numbers of the kids for two-a-days at their school?
Maybe 70 on the Freshman team at Brandeis. :(

trojan37
08-12-2009, 01:27 PM
West has 43 freshmen, and about the same between JV and Varsity combined.

wimbo_pro
08-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Sad to hear CatDaddy...I seriously doubt you evilly planned (5 years ago) to stack the LH team with your son for his senior year...its almost ridiculous to think about it. But I have seen how these guys are with the "rules", and it seems unfair if not just plain silly. Good luck to you and yours.