PDA

View Full Version : 2 a day reports. Who went and watched?

BEAST
08-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I didnt get to stay long, maybe 30 mins or so, but Brownwood looked pretty good. The kids looked good, you can tell they have worked over the summer. Of course, its just the first day, hard to get a good bearing on the first day. Shipley and Co. were very organized, had everyone running every step they took.

How about the rest of yall, how did your guys look on day 1?

BEAST

bigwood33
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I won't see 'em until Friday...out of town until then.

orange machine
08-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Are people not into football anymore?

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
:rolleyes: Some of us don't have the luxury of having vacation time and have to clock in at 7:00 am. It's just a tad difficult to make it to watch 2-a-days that starts at 7 and be able to clock in at 7 27 miles away! :doh:

BILLYFRED0000
08-04-2009, 07:29 AM
I have seen the boys working weekends after practice whenever all summer. This bunch seems to be hungrier than usual for the Bobcats for whatever reason. I think they just hate to lose. But I have seen a lot of work and prep and they sure have the potential to be something special. I am glad it's time to find out.

firstdown
08-04-2009, 08:31 AM
We seem to be real small and real slow I don't know what we are going to do.:D

Good numbers, good size, good attitude and plenty of speed. We should be able to hold our own this year I'm so glad 2-adays is here.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bone Pile
08-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Keep an eye on those Columbus Cardinals. They are stronger and faster this year. Probably will surprise some folks. Coach Mascheck is continuing his rebuilding program and is doing a great job.

LHexPlayer
08-04-2009, 08:52 AM

I guess not OM. ;)

Pick6
08-04-2009, 08:54 AM

Some people might have jobs that get them away from the doughnut shop or football field during the day.

Ex-Tiger2005
08-04-2009, 09:14 AM
A buddy of mine went to watch Snyder and said they looked real good, a bit undersized but they had great attitudes and both practices were very intense already.

87 TIGER
08-04-2009, 04:28 PM
O-line looks to be bigger this year, pretty good speed in the backfield, we could really use a bruiser of a fullback though.I havent really seen the defense yet. I'm ready for the scrimmage against Giddings, we should get a pretty good feel for the team then

slingshot
08-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Good #'s (as always), boys look well conditioned, a lot of skill position players back from last year (unusual for us), IMHO our success will depend on how well our Jr linemen play up to the challenge facing them... I have confidence in the coaches to 'coach them up'. We may be a little shaky early--we'll be rolling by district.

BEAST
08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Good #'s (as always), boys look well conditioned, a lot of skill position players back from last year (unusual for us), IMHO our success will depend on how well our Jr linemen play up to the challenge facing them... I have confidence in the coaches to 'coach them up'. We may be a little shaky early--we'll be rolling by district.

Your location says Abilene, which school do you represent.

BEAST

STAggie
08-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Keep an eye on those Columbus Cardinals. They are stronger and faster this year. Probably will surprise some folks. Coach Mascheck is continuing his rebuilding program and is doing a great job.

Once again you have no idea what you are talking about. Columbus will battle with Smithville at the bottom of this district. D25 is just to strong. If Sealy finds a QB they will be trouble. Bellville and Giddings will be the class of this district and if La Grange can find a decent running game they will be fun to watch. Are you going to challenge me to a fight this time?:rolleyes:

MJMbrahmas10
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
who are the prospects for qb in sealy

STAggie
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
who are the prospects for qb in sealy

The main one I have heard is Cody Barret (jr) but there is also Klepser (soph will likely be jv qb) and even I heard Jones (fish) thrown in the mix. This is all talk as I have not been to two-a-days or heard anything yet.

MJMbrahmas10
08-04-2009, 09:30 PM
WHat about jaminson he was qb freshman year I believe

slingshot
08-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Your location says Abilene, which school do you represent.

BEAST The one I've always supported on here... Abilene Wylie Bulldogs!

Bone Pile
08-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Once again you have no idea what you are talking about. Columbus will battle with Smithville at the bottom of this district. D25 is just to strong. If Sealy finds a QB they will be trouble. Bellville and Giddings will be the class of this district and if La Grange can find a decent running game they will be fun to watch. Are you going to challenge me to a fight this time?:rolleyes:

If you think you need it I can. But remember you will not like the outcome.