PDA

View Full Version : Former Dallas Cowboy Tony Dorsett

PhiI C
08-02-2009, 06:24 PM
He won the Heisman Trophy in 1976 along with other awards and helped lead Pittsburgh to the National Championship of College football that year. He was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and was the spark they needed to get to and win the super bowl the next year and was the Rookie of the Year.

He is one of the few if not only football player (especially over a two year period) to win the Heisman Trophy, be on a college National Chapionship football team, and then a Super Bowl Winning Team. That and other awards. Remarkable indeed.

IrishTex
08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Tony D was such a piece of work....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8z0kVUobp8

zebrablue2
08-02-2009, 07:03 PM
loved to watch him play and run!!! he was 1 of the greatest!!

PhiI C
08-02-2009, 07:09 PM
He set a record for the longest td run in NFL history. I think it may have been tied by now but at the time the 99 yard run against Minnesota was a record. It was really closer to 99 2/3 yards.

bigwood33
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
He set a record for the longest td run in NFL history. I think it may have been tied by now but at the time the 99 yard run against Minnesota was a record. It was really closer to 99 2/3 yards.
It is still the record. I was a freshman in '77 when he was a rookie with the Cowboys. I have been a huge TD fan since then and that is why I picked #33 for my high school number. I ran almost exactly like TD, except for the speed, moves and agility!:D

sotex
08-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
It is still the record. I was a freshman in '77 when he was a rookie with the Cowboys. I have been a huge TD fan since then and that is why I picked #33 for my high school number. I ran almost exactly like TD, except for the speed, moves and agility!:D
lol