PDA

View Full Version : Had a great time at Ranger's Game

JasperDog94
08-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Well the Ranger's didn't let me down last Thursday night. They pitched a great game and brought out the long ball 4 times. My daughter got so excited at the fireworks after the homeruns. We all had a great time.

Plus the weather was awesome on Thursday. There was low humidity (by Houston standards) and our seats were incredible. I could basically see straight down the first base line from home plate all the way down to the foul pole. And we were 13 rows from the field. We left in the 8th inning, so that's my fault that the Mariners scored a run. Sorry about that but I wanted to beat the crowd out since I was unfamiliar with the traffic. We also got to see the fireworks Friday night from our hotel room...and we didn't even have to get wet to see them!

While we were there we also toured the Cowboys new stadium, went to the Fort Worth Stockyards, went to the Fort Worth Zoo, made it to the Farmer's Market in Dallas and finished up at the Bass Pro Shop in Garland. We had a great time and I hope to be able to make it back sometime in the near future.

:)

IrishTex
08-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Good job on getting to see the big tourist attractions. It was tricky with the weather we've been having..

:clap:

Matthew328
08-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Let's hear your thoughts on DFW.....I should have given you dining tips!

JasperDog94
08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
We ate at Riscky's at the stockyards and were not disappointed. With a picky 5 year old you don't get to try too many new things. For our main dinners we ate at "On the Border" because it was close to our hotel and we were tired, and at the ballpark since we wanted to get to the game early.

As far as DFW goes I really liked it. It's nice to see some hills instead of just flat land. Plus the humidity was sooooo much lower than Houston. I'm assuming the weather was unusually cool Thursday through Saturday. Temps were warm but not oppressive. I could definitely live in the DFW area...especially due to the proximity of so many fantastic fishing lakes.

PhiI C
08-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Awesome! Glad the trip went so well and that the 5 year old enjoyed it too.

IrishTex
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_zXAqNuvWI