PDA

View Full Version : What's for supper?

IrishTex
08-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty proud of myself for being a half way decent cook. Since I have to eat healthy, it's kind of a challenge to find things that I like to eat, and is healthy too.
I am grilling some cooked shrimp ( on my George Foreman grill) with a no fat sauce to go on them. Boiling some corn on the cob and I have a pretty good meal.

Have ya'll got any low fat, low cholesterol meals you cook? I need to expand my list of no fat things to eat for supper.
:D

Trashman
08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex What's for supper?

"Buttermilk biscuits smothered in chicken gravy, home-fried potatoes, collard greens and Grandmother's fresh-baked blueberry pie à la mode!" YUM! YUM!:D

SHSBulldog00
08-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Hamburger Helper tonight.

Monday night I am goin to BBQ some Sirloin's, T-Bones, Pork Chop's and Hot Dog's. The sides I haven't decided on.

IrishTex
08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Hamburger Helper tonight.

Monday night I am goin to BBQ some Sirloin's, T-Bones, Pork Chop's and Hot Dog's. The sides I haven't decided on.

And what's your address???

:D :D :D

PurpleFreddy
08-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I use my griddle (mostly for pancakes in the past) to blacken tilapia. I use Zatharin's blackening seasoning and a little bit of low-fat margarine.
Serve with brown rice and your favorite veggie (slaw?)

SHSBulldog00
08-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Now, I can't do that. I can just say along the Gulf Coast.

STAggie
08-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Leftover pizza and Cap'n Crunch. Perfect combo.

GreenMonster
08-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Tonight's menu reads:

Grilled NY Strip
Grilled Pork Chops
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken
Grilled Horseshoe Sausage
Grilled Bacon Wrapped and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
Stir Fried Squash and Onions in Wok
Salad
Baked Potato

Jealous??????

:p

IrishTex
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Tonight's menu reads:

Grilled NY Strip
Grilled Pork Chops
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken
Grilled Horseshoe Sausage
Grilled Bacon Wrapped and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
Stir Fried Squash and Onions in Wok
Salad
Baked Potato

Jealous??????

:p

Dude, who are you cooking for?? The 1st Infantry Division???

:1omg!: :D :2thumbsup

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/LewP/1st.jpg

sotex
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Tonight's menu was:

Grlled chicken
Hot wings
Beef Fajitas
Baby Back ribs
Spanish Rice
Canned Ranch Style Beans w/ jalapenos
Corn on the cob
Guacamole

:D :D :D

sotex
08-02-2009, 08:46 PM
IrishTex,
Im thinking this might not be the best forum for finding "lowfat menus".

IrishTex
08-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by sotex
IrishTex,
Im thinking this might not be the best forum for finding "lowfat menus".

You could be right sotex.
Everything I'm seeing is pretty much up there in the fat level.

But that's ok...imagine this...imagine eating enough fatty foods that the plaque builds up on your arterial walls, and the flow of the blood is smaller and smaller.

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/coronary_artery_with_plaque.gif

Now imagine your chest in such pain that you can't sit still, your heart begging for oxygen, but because you ate so much fat in your lifetime, blood can't get through.

I've learned food can be your friend or enemy...so you choose to eat what you want to eat.

SintonFan
08-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
I'm pretty proud of myself for being a half way decent cook. Since I have to eat healthy, it's kind of a challenge to find things that I like to eat, and is healthy too.
I am grilling some cooked shrimp ( on my George Foreman grill) with a no fat sauce to go on them. Boiling some corn on the cob and I have a pretty good meal.

Have ya'll got any low fat, low cholesterol meals you cook? I need to expand my list of no fat things to eat for supper.
Low fat or low carb? Or Both?
I got some decent home grown recipes for both(kinda). I'm almost ready to get in my 38 waist size pants. I can wear them but they're a little tight and I don't want to do that to anyone.:eek: :D

SHSBulldog00
08-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Some good ole homegrown will help you burn some calories.

SintonFan
08-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Ok... low fat low cholesterol...
Try these(buy a bottle of Yoshida's Teriyaki sauce for the first two):
Grilled Tuna steaks(a bag of 7 or 8 at Costco cost about 17 bucks) marinated with Yoshida's Honey Orange Teriyaki sauce (follow the directions on the bottle for this).
You can use the same recipe for Grilled Chicked strips.
You can also use Italian dressing with added fresh crushed garlic to marinate these, too.
Make veggie foil pockets filled your favorite vegetables on the grill (I use combinations of sweet corn, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, bell pepper or whatever I have handy) drizzled with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. The flavors grilled together in the foil pouch helped to make my kids vegetable lovers.
Hope this helps.
:)

IrishTex
08-02-2009, 09:34 PM
You guys rock....I'm loving the recipes!!

SintonFan
08-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I gots more.:D