PDA

View Full Version : Cash for Clunkers to be suspended...

SintonFan
07-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Look like the money ran out pretty quick.
WSJ link (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124898886526095011.html)

Highschoolfan78
07-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Wow, just when every desperate car company created a commercial hoping to bank in on cash for clunkers.. Such false promises...

BobcatBenny
07-31-2009, 12:58 AM
I often have clunkers because I will drive a vehicle until the wheels shoot off.

Why should the government give me a dime for a worthless piece of junk? Or anybody for that matter?

Don't incent me to buy an overpriced piece of crud with a bazzillion bells and whistles. Instead, sell me a vehicle that is well designed, reliable, has air conditioning, but doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I am even willing to manually roll down my window.

Make a vehicle the entire world can afford. Sell one to me and then 5 billion to the Chinese and Indians.

... Oh yeah, the trunk needs to be large enough to hold my wife. ;)

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 10:48 AM
I'll admit I was skeptical and extremely critical of the idea but I forgot about the power of advertisement.:doh:
The additional promotions that dealers were touting made the "Cash for Clunkers" too attractive for some.
One dealer alone is owed $450,000 alone. That's 100 cars!
I'll admit the timing of this gives all the auto companies a much needed boost.

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 10:49 AM
I'll admit I was skeptical and extremely critical of the idea but I forgot about the power of advertisement.:doh:
The additional promotions that dealers were touting made the "Cash for Clunkers" too attractive for some.
I'll admit the timing of this gives all the auto companies a much needed boost.
BobcatBenny, I also drive vehicles until the wheels fall off.:D

mwynn05
07-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'll admit the timing of this gives all the auto companies a much needed boost. so are you saying this administration did something right surely not....they aren't from teh party you support so no matter what they do its wrong

pirate4state
07-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
so are you saying this administration did something right surely not....they aren't from teh party you support so no matter what they do its wrong lol i feel a lecture coming on

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 11:00 AM
so are you saying this administration did something right surely not....they aren't from teh party you support so no matter what they do its wrong
blah blah blah...
I never said any such thing.
The program is gonna cost over 1 BILLION dollars but might have a better stimulating effect than the "stimuli package" passed in January, which is over 750 TIMES more expensive.:nerd:
Go play a pickup game somewhere(military style).:p

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
lol i feel a lecture coming on
:D
Not a lecture but just my opinion.:devil:

mwynn05
07-31-2009, 11:06 AM
lol i feel a lecture coming on is it not true...you could flip mccain and obamas agendas from the last election and they would still support mccain because of that R....you can say the same about obama supporters as well......we need moderation

pirate4state
07-31-2009, 11:09 AM
is it not true...you could flip mccain and obamas agendas from the last election and they would still support mccain because of that R....you can say the same about obama supporters as well......we need moderation believe me, i know :p

mwynn05
07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
believe me, i know :p im not necessarily for all of this bail out and how much its costing but something had to be done...i didn't hear anyone else with any better ideas...it is a risk and we just have to hope it works out...now the health care thing... not a fan at all

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 11:17 AM
highjackers :D

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 11:19 AM
"Since this has been so successful, why stop with cars? How about cash for clunker TVs, clunker VCRs? My lawn mower is a clunker. ”
Quoted from the WSJ site.:nerd:

mwynn05
07-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Quoted from the WSJ site.:nerd: satire....lets use common sense and not just be a douche bag

mwynn05
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
and to add more, you complain about booger and others saying they make things personal, but you just did the same thing, you can say did , but its not the same as your little personal cheap shot at me, mine actually related to the topic so quit your crying about others making things personal when you do the same thing

DDBooger
07-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Michael Corleone: Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.:D

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 02:10 PM
and to add more, you complain about booger and others saying they make things personal, but you just did the same thing, you can say did , but its not the same as your little personal cheap shot at me, mine actually related to the topic so quit your crying about others making things personal when you do the same thing
lol
Go ahead and b!tch and moan... you must not understand the use of smilies.:D

PPHSfan
07-31-2009, 02:22 PM
One Billion in four days.

The only thing I see being stimulated is the car crusher.

Looks like about four more billion in bad loans to me.

mwynn05
07-31-2009, 02:25 PM
lol
Go ahead and b!tch and moan... you must not understand the use of smilies.:D oh i do... is doesnt give the right to be a jackass though thats like doin somethign just to piss your wife off then sayin oh im just playin...it probably doesnt work

STANG RED
07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

The only thing I see being stimulated is the car crusher.

Looks like about four more billion in bad loans to me.

Exactly!!! Did those morons on capitol hill not learn a single thing about lending to people who cant afford to pay back their loans? Unbelievable!

sahen
07-31-2009, 02:51 PM

to be fair it was 1 billion in 1 month...the program took effect July 1st, just the governments computers and infrastructure for the program were not up until this past week...its also why they have a massive backlog and aren't 100% sure if they have spent all the money yet or not....

that said, they just passed 2 billion more for the program so looks like its back on for while longer....

PPHSfan
07-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by sahen
to be fair it was 1 billion in 1 month...the program took effect July 1st, just the governments computers and infrastructure for the program were not up until this past week...its also why they have a massive backlog and aren't 100% sure if they have spent all the money yet or not....

that said, they just passed 2 billion more for the program so looks like its back on for while longer....

It amazes me the speed in which they can decide to spend another two billion.

Farmersfan
07-31-2009, 03:10 PM
As with most government programs this one is most likely being badly abused. How many qualified and paid for vehicles will be or have been resold rather than destroyed???? Is it even conceivable that this government has the infrustructure in place to track all the vehicles that it paid for????

BleedOrange
07-31-2009, 03:23 PM
This whole program is ridiculous. Why don't they give tax cuts which leads to more money flowing to several business sectors not just auto. Instead we continue to use tax dollars for handouts.

sahen
07-31-2009, 03:25 PM
It amazes me the speed in which they can decide to spend another two billion.

its easy to do when its not their money....

sahen
07-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Why don't they give tax cuts which leads to more money flowing to several business sectors not just auto.

probably because the government now basically owns the american auto industry minus ford...the other industries havent failed tragically enough for them to take over yet...

BleedOrange
07-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by sahen
probably because the government now basically owns the american auto industry minus ford...the other industries havent failed tragically enough for them to take over yet...

Unfortunately, I believe there is alot of truth to that.

Farmersfan
07-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
This whole program is ridiculous. Why don't they give tax cuts which leads to more money flowing to several business sectors not just auto. Instead we continue to use tax dollars for handouts.

The target demographic for this program didn't pay much in the way of taxes to begin with. You can't incentivise the poor to trade in their clunkers unless you help them buy something they can't afford. What's so hard to understand about that? :(

sinfan75
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Sorry Government Motors, I'll keep my "Clunker". IT'S PAYED FOR!!:D

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 07:32 PM
oh i do... is doesnt give the right to be a jackass though thats like doin somethign just to piss your wife off then sayin oh im just playin...it probably doesnt work
So the correct use of smilies(:p ) and the fun I poked at you is not one of my "rights"? Sorry man.
OK ok, you taught me a lesson mwynn05(you took me to the woodshed)...
I'll never do that again, ever.
Thank God I'm not married to you. :D
Angry Secks is never good! :doh: :p :D
Let me know when your posts actually relate to the topic and less about me.:p :D