PDA

View Full Version : I hope this isn't true!!

PHS Wildcats
07-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Micheal Vick after his Bankruptcy hearing today, stated that he's very close to signing with a NFL team and could be signed by Tuesday.

There are rumors that the team that will sign him is the Pittsburgh Steelers!:mad:

I'm not for this at all!!!:mad:

There are atleast 13 threads talking about this possibly happening on the Steelers Message Board.

http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/news

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2009, 08:52 PM
All bs aside. The man did his time. What do
ya'll want for him to bust suds at a family diner
for mininum wage? Let him earn a living.

Sorry PHS Wildcats. I just had to use your thread
to vent.

Honestly though...you would prefer Batch over
Vick???

Pmoney
07-30-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree with Red...he is not a locker room killer; he is going to be a backup get over it...I would honestly like to have him as a backup bc he could be a great wildcat qb and if my starter went down he wouldn't be a scrub that barely made it to the NFL or a washed-up 40 y/o(B. Johnson or Batch even though he is not 40)

Trashman
07-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
All bs aside. The man did his time. What do
ya'll want for him to bust suds at a family diner
for mininum wage? Let him earn a living.

:iagree:

HEMOTOXIC
07-30-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm going to have to agree with the rest. He has done his time for those horrible things he did to those dogs. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Now, if he makes that same mistake again, I will have no pitty.

Good luck to Vick and the team who signs him!

STANG RED
07-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I agree. Leave the man alone and give him a chance to prove himself. He did the crime and the time. Now let him get on with his life. I hope he gets his chance somewhere.

lepfan
07-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I agree. Leave the man alone and give him a chance to prove himself. He did the crime and the time. Now let him get on with his life. I hope he gets his chance somewhere. I agree. But some will beat this horse over and over and over.

Matthew328
07-31-2009, 08:41 AM
He did his time and has been punished, why continue to punish him?

pirate4state
07-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
He did his time and has been punished, why continue to punish him? Exactly. Is he still gonna have to sit out 4 games? :rolleyes: That was just DUMB! That's like your mom punishing you after your dad has already whooped your ass. :doh: :D

Pick6
07-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Exactly. Is he still gonna have to sit out 4 games? :rolleyes: That was just DUMB! That's like your mom punishing you after your dad has already whooped your ass. :doh: :D

I think he should get to play also.

How many times has a kid gotten in trouble in school and came home and gotten in more trouble from his parents? Same thing with Vick and the possible 4-6 game suspension.

Ex-Tiger2005
07-31-2009, 11:12 AM
if pacman got his second chance then vick is very deserving of one also.

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I think he should get to play also.

How many times has a kid gotten in trouble in school and came home and gotten in more trouble from his parents? Same thing with Vick and the possible 4-6 game suspension.

uhh not sure what your saying..you think he should NOT be punished by league as well? Because if so your analogy is a bad one..I know if I got in trouble at school and parents found out I got in trouble at home as well.

Pick6
07-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh not sure what your saying..you think he should NOT be punished by league as well? Because if so your analogy is a bad one..I know if I got in trouble at school and parents found out I got in trouble at home as well.

I think he should get to play, but at the discretion of the NFL. If that includes a 4-6 game suspension, I'm fine with that.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
I think he should get to play, but at the discretion of the NFL. If that includes a 4-6 game suspension, I'm fine with that.

My thoughts on why I'm against the 4-6 game suspension, using a pseudo real life example.

Let's say I was a successful CFO for Wells Fargo (insert any big bank here fyi, and assume this was 03, when theres not a worry banks are going to crash). My job is good, I am successfully gaining business: we're turning a profit, even though the board of directors want it higher. Overall, they're happy with my work.

Uh-Oh. I got busted for cockfighting as well as running a stable to train dogs for fighting. I go to jail for two years.

When I get back, you won't see the FDIC, the Treasury, Ben Bernanke, etc ban me from getting back in banking. Why? Because my crimes did not hurt the integrity of the system.

My real punishment will be that no big bank will hire me. They don't want the PR no matter how good I am at my job. That's where I'll get hurt. The only chance I'll have to get back in the game is a smaller, regional bank who won't give me what I was making, but is willing to take a risk due to my history of smart financial decision making it all but guaranteed i'll bring money in. They don't have to worry about PR because their clientele is small enough that those who leave won't make a huge dent, and I'm pretty much a lock to make that money back.

My goal in all of this is to lay low and build my character and results back up - hopefully I can get hired on as a consultant to a region of a big bank, and hopefully I'll get a chance to move my way back up.

That's how it should go - the NFL should not suspend anymore because Vick did his time. Punishment will come at the hands of the owners, because few will actually take the chance on him, and those who would take him probably cannot pay him much or won't let him flourish. That's why he'll probably go to Orlando in the UFL, because he can build his worth back up.

Just my 2 cents.

sahen
07-31-2009, 12:40 PM
i agree w/ breck here...the guy is a convicted felon...if you, me, or anyone else that was joe blow was a convicted felon we would not only lose our job but our new job would probably include flipping burgers (and even that would be hard to get right now due to the economy and them having a much larger choice of workers than usual)....lucky for vick he can run faster and throw a ball better than most however i do see the reasoning in the "common man" lashing out against him...esp. considering in these times that same common man has done nothing wrong yet could be jobless...

Pick6
07-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
My thoughts on why I'm against the 4-6 game suspension, using a pseudo real life example.

That's how it should go - the NFL should not suspend anymore because Vick did his time.

Just my 2 cents.

Good points. However I see it as Vick did his time for the Government, now it's time he does the punishment that his employer sets forth. Of course he has a decision, he could say no.

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2009, 12:42 PM
He LIED to the NFL when this first broke. I think THAT more than anything is why he is being suspended for a certain amount of games

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2009, 12:48 PM
He LIED to the NFL when this first broke. I think THAT more than anything is why he is being suspended for a certain amount of games

Was it the same lie he told Arthur Blank? I don't remember.

DDBooger
07-31-2009, 01:03 PM
excellent point! That to any other company could justify termination, could it not?

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Was it the same lie he told Arthur Blank? I don't remember.

yea he lied to both blank and tthe Commish when it all started to come out

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2009, 01:14 PM
yea he lied to both blank and tthe Commish when it all started to come out

Gotchya

BreckTxLonghorn
07-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
excellent point! That to any other company could justify termination, could it not?

But he doesn't work for the NFL, he works for a team the operates under a governing body.

DDBooger
07-31-2009, 01:18 PM
But he doesn't work for the NFL, he works for a team the operates under a governing body. his team terminated him.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
his team terminated him.

My point from my original post - it should be the team that decides whether he gets work, not the governing body. This will regulate itself if you let it.

DDBooger
07-31-2009, 01:22 PM
My point from my original post - it should be the team that decides whether he gets work, not the governing body. This will regulate itself if you let it. well the NFL is a corporation and the teams operate under its auspices which are set by the united owners and the President is merely the CEO. How these players act reflect on that Shield. Look at baseball. It is wrought with scandal.

pirate4state
07-31-2009, 01:25 PM
It just seems petty, but that's just me.

I'm just ready to WATCH some football and read some of the trash talking back & forth. Between those fans that can actually handle it and not take everything so personal. :thinking: :D

DDBooger
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
It just seems petty, but that's just me.

I'm just ready to WATCH some football and read some of the trash talking back & forth. Between those fans that can actually handle it and not take everything so personal. :thinking: :D
YEAH!!! :twitch:

PHS Wildcats
07-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Reading all of these post have me torn. If the Steelers do sign him, am I suppose to welcome him with open arms? I love my Steelers and Vick would help, but......I don't know.:confused:

Pmoney
07-31-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Reading all of these post have me torn. If the Steelers do sign him, am I suppose to welcome him with open arms? I love my Steelers and Vick would help, but......I don't know.:confused:
Well I think you don't have to be against them getting him...now if they were like we plan on getting Vick and give him a 5-year, $75 million and use him as the starter over Big Ben, then you could be angry and against the signing but if he is just a back-up plan in case ben gets injured or he is used to run a special formation I dont think you have to worry

Electus Unus
07-31-2009, 08:36 PM
It's not like he killed a human. He served his time and will continue serving animal abuse organizations and what he did will be with him forever.

I say if he still has it then let him play by all means. I think he should go to the UFL and make some money there to pay off his debts first though.

Even if he is a convicted felon he is apart of the NFL fraternity and that is a strong bond so of course he will have a chance. If anyone of us was in the NFL and did the same thing and had his talent we would be given the same opportunity.

Electus Unus
07-31-2009, 08:38 PM
Exactly. Is he still gonna have to sit out 4 games? :rolleyes: That was just DUMB! That's like your mom punishing you after your dad has already whooped your ass. :doh: :D that has happend to me :(

Emerson1
08-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by sahen
i agree w/ breck here...the guy is a convicted felon...if you, me, or anyone else that was joe blow was a convicted felon we would not only lose our job but our new job would probably include flipping burgers (and even that would be hard to get right now due to the economy and them having a much larger choice of workers than usual)....lucky for vick he can run faster and throw a ball better than most however i do see the reasoning in the "common man" lashing out against him...esp. considering in these times that same common man has done nothing wrong yet could be jobless...
That's the difference though. He has a talent very few people on this earth do not have.

There is a reason why these people who are 6'4" 262 and run a 4.5 are paid millions of dollars.