PDA

View Full Version : What about Pujols?

TheDOCTORdre
07-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Although his name has ever been released everytime the steriod talk comes up people began to wonder if Pujols is the last hope for a great clean player in the game today? Just wanted to know what the Board thinks...personally I still have faith in Albert but i guess only time will tell

DDBooger
07-30-2009, 01:29 PM
as long as I never hear Ken Griffey Jr did. Hey may be one of a handful of untarnished legends to come out of the last two decades who are up for the HOF in the near future

BreckTxLonghorn
07-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
as long as I never hear Ken Griffey Jr did. Hey may be one of a handful of untarnished legends to come out of the last two decades who are up for the HOF in the near future

I think Pujols is clean, but if he wasn't I wouldn't be shellshocked. Sadly, in today's society being that solid that consistently that long is everything but an actual admission of guilt :(

If Ken Griffey Jr was found that he used, I think I'd walk away from the game. That guy is the closest thing to a pure ballplayer than anyone else in the league (along with Jeter), and that would rip my fandom. I love it, but it's stung me too many times on players I thought did it the right way.

Txbroadcaster
07-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I find it funny Griffey always seems to be exempt..the one Oh well we KNOW he did not

how dio we know? He had ALOT of muscle pulls and such which supposedly Roids can cause..I just dont see how he escaqpes it

TexasHSFB
07-30-2009, 02:43 PM
IDK, Griffey just seems like the kinda guy who wouldn't resort to PED. I guess we all hope he is and was clean.

I think Pujols is clean too, but like BTLH said, I wouldn't be surprised now if it came out that he did use them.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I find it funny Griffey always seems to be exempt..the one Oh well we KNOW he did not

how dio we know? He had ALOT of muscle pulls and such which supposedly Roids can cause..I just dont see how he escaqpes it

I guess because when you think of the big red flags, he doesn't fit.

Never was terribly huge, was almost too injury prone, declined when he was expected to. Dunno, maybe I just don't want him to fit.

pirate4state
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM

Where did anyone say he was exempt? We are all just HOPING we never have to read that JR took PED.

I agree with what Breck posted.

Txbroadcaster
07-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I guess because when you think of the big red flags, he doesn't fit.

Never was terribly huge, was almost too injury prone, declined when he was expected to. Dunno, maybe I just don't want him to fit.

Raffy was NEVER huge..Tejada was not what I would call "huge"

Andy Petetite(sp) never became ripped or big

BreckTxLonghorn
07-30-2009, 02:56 PM

Andy Petetite(sp) never became ripped or big

Pettite wasn't a constant user either; if I'm correct it was an isolated incident of him coming back from injury. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Tejada was never exactly small, either. And you're right on Palmeiro, but his best most consistent years came in his mid-30s, when usually a player starts a decline. There's more than just one red flag, and that was my point. Griffey didn't fit a lot of them, in my opinion.

Again, as I said, maybe I just don't want him to fit.

DDBooger
07-30-2009, 02:58 PM
I just hope Junior didn't

BreckTxLonghorn
07-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I just hope Junior didn't

x2

DDBooger
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I remember the very 1st card show my dad took me to, his Upper Deck Rookie card was the hottest commodity. That was a long time ago

slpybear the bullfan
07-31-2009, 05:29 PM
If they have been a stud since mandatory testing began in '05, then they are doing it clean.

IMHO.

Prior to that, all bets are off.

PHS Wildcats
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
wouldn't be suprised at all if he was on steriods

slingshot
08-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I talked to a friend of mine today that used to be a team physician for the St Louis Cardinals... we actually talked about this subject. He felt very strongly that Pujols did not use PED's. He said there were several other guys on the team that did that prob did--but that Pujols was not one of them.

eagles_victory
08-01-2009, 10:10 PM

Andy Petetite(sp) never became ripped or big Talk about someone ALWAYS having to play Devils Advocate.

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm all for the booze and cigarettes that the old guys like Williams and Mantle lived off of. They accomplished what they did dispite their vices.

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Talk about someone ALWAYS having to play Devils Advocate.

yes