PDA

View Full Version : In all seriousness....

TexasHSFB
07-30-2009, 11:23 AM
How well do you think "your" team will do this year?

BILLYFRED0000
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
with good health Celina should get 4 rounds plus. We will see if they continue to step up.

pirate4state
07-30-2009, 11:32 AM
I expect 2-3 rounds. I am hoping for 4+. ;)

bigwood33
07-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Since Whitesboro has never been in the playoffs, I will say that we will miss them again (sadly). The kids are working hard and hope springs eternal but Celina, Argyle and Prosper are all pretty good;) so it would be foolish to predict anything more.

Pick6
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Since Whitesboro has never been in the playoffs, I will say that we will miss them again (sadly). The kids are working hard and hope springs eternal but Celina, Argyle and Prosper are all pretty good;) so it would be foolish to predict anything more.

I might have to catch the battle of the Boro's this year. Where is it being played at?

Maroon87
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
2-3 rounds

bigwood33
07-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I might have to catch the battle of the Boro's this year. Where is it being played at?
Whitesboro this year. You might want to take a wait and see attitude on making that plan. We sould be pretty good but the jury is certainly out on Pottsboro. They only return 1 starter and a handful of lettermen. They had 30+ seniors on that team last year. Pilot Point and Aubrey should both be good games. Both will be in Whitesboro.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-30-2009, 12:15 PM
A much improved team in a painfully tough district :(

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Just as last year. All three teams that make the playoffs in 2-3A
should make it 2 or 3 rounds. Maybe further depending on who
draws Monahans. IMO Graham and Monahans are going to be the
two teams to keep an eye on in Region I.

Footballhudini
07-30-2009, 01:23 PM
anything less than state is a disappointment

Farmersfan
07-30-2009, 03:46 PM
I predict a 3rd round beatdown by the Orange Cats!

IrishTex
07-30-2009, 03:50 PM
I have no facts to back up my opinion other than to say that I understand the new Sweetwater coach doesn't mind passing the ball every now and again.

And just for my Sweetwater brethern:

Forward Pass: –noun Football. a pass in which the ball is thrown in the direction of advance toward the opponent's goal.

:D

lange4
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Well, if Llano can make it out of tough district 8, which I believe they will, they should be able to go 2-3 rounds.

goosealaniz
07-30-2009, 04:04 PM
its gonna be a challenge for Vernon to make it to the playoffs... i hope they surprise me...

BuffyMars
07-30-2009, 04:06 PM
only 10 honest answers? jk.

slingshot
07-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Honest? 5 rounds...

zebrablue2
07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Bellville should go the 2-3 route if they get out of district. I say that because all teams within our district are tough. Teams that stay healthy will move on..

Phantom Stang
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Sweetwater should go the 2-3 route if they get out of district. I say that because all teams within our district are tough. Teams that stay healthy will move on..

trg
07-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Bellville should go the 2-3 route if they get out of district. I say that because all teams within our district are tough. Teams that stay healthy will move on..

I am hoping the 4+ route....Come on Zebra....you gotta believe. :)

waterboy
07-31-2009, 11:59 AM
I voted for 4+........:thinking: We should be able to do what we did last year --- hopefully, a little better!:)

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
We should be able to do what we did last year --- hopefully, a little better!:)

What's that...lose better????:doh: :devil:

waterboy
07-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What's that...lose better????:doh: :devil:
Lose? We lost to Carthage (like everybody else did) in the Regional Finals (4 games deep). What u talkin' 'bout, Willis?:eek:

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Lose? We lost to Carthage (like everybody else did) in the Regional Finals (4 games deep). What u talkin' 'bout, Willis?:eek:

Hahahahaha! Ooops wrong poster!!!

Now don't I feel stupid?!?!:doh:

Is it 5:00 yet?:D

waterboy
07-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Hahahahaha! Ooops wrong poster!!!
I knew you were wrong......haha!:D

Now don't I feel stupid?!?!:doh:
"Stupid is as stupid does!":D

Is it 5:00 yet?:D
Can't get here fast enough!:D

lostaussie
07-31-2009, 12:32 PM
If we go D1 then 5 rounds.............D2 then 6 rounds.........no pressure guys:D

waterboy
07-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
If we go D1 then 5 rounds.............D2 then 6 rounds.........no pressure guys:D
:clap: :2thumbsup Yeah! NO pressure guys!:cool: :D

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2009, 12:36 PM
I knew you were wrong......haha!:D

"Stupid is as stupid does!":D

Can't get here fast enough!:D

For some reason I get you mixed up with another poster
sometimes. I would tell you who that was, but Trashman might
feel insulted if I did.:evillol: :D

waterboy
07-31-2009, 12:39 PM
For some reason I get you mixed up with another poster
sometimes. I would tell you who that was, but Trashman might
feel insulted if I did.:evillol: :D
Haha! Hey, wait a minute..........:mad:

How's Sweetwater gonna do now that they've discovered the "forward pass"?:D

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Haha! Hey, wait a minute..........:mad:

How's Sweetwater gonna do now that they've discovered the "forward pass"?:D

Hopefully beat Wylie for a change!!!

waterboy
07-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Hopefully beat Wylie for a change!!!
Yeah, Wylie's always pretty salty! That's a tough task! Good luck!:D

BILLYFRED0000
07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
I voted for 4+........:thinking: We should be able to do what we did last year --- hopefully, a little better!:)

Hey ya'll were good last year. Carthage was just a little better.
But they really relied on their stud. You will be back and they will not go as far.

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, Wylie's always pretty salty! That's a tough task! Good luck!:D

Well I have always said they were they were the toughest
4A school in West Texas.:devil:

Ex-Tiger2005
07-31-2009, 01:07 PM

true!

waterboy
07-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Hahaha! That's funny..... :thinking: Didn't they invent the 1/2 student?:D

waterboy
07-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Hey ya'll were good last year. Carthage was just a little better.
But they really relied on their stud. You will be back and they will not go as far.
I agree. They were a little better. We were still in the game, but an interception with less than a minute left sealed the deal. Dwight Smith was DEFINITELY a stud! I wouldn't count Carthage out, though. They still have that behemoth of a line.:eek:

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2009, 01:24 PM
I agree. They were a little better. We were still in the game, but an interception with less than a minute left sealed the deal. Dwight Smith was DEFINITELY a stud! I wouldn't count Carthage out, though. They still have that behemoth of a line.:eek:

I also like the RB replacing Smith as well..folks better not sleep on em again, Carthage has alot more coming back than people realize

I think the RB name is O'Bryan Washington or something like that

waterboy
07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I also like the RB replacing Smith as well..folks better not sleep on em again, Carthage has alot more coming back than people realize

I think the RB name is O'Bryan Washington or something like that
Yeah, even without Smith, they are one scary good team. I'm betting that if Gilmer is in the same division with them, there will be a rematch. I think this time around the Buckeyes will win, but I ain't positive. I don't think anybody better overlook Carthage, otherwise they may go home early.:eek:

lulu
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, even without Smith, they are one scary good team. I'm betting that if Gilmer is in the same division with them, there will be a rematch. I think this time around the Buckeyes will win, but I ain't positive. I don't think anybody better overlook Carthage, otherwise they may go home early.:eek:

Am I gonna have to talk your trash for ya? Now you know my history with the Buckeyes and my Momma (a dyed in the wool EM Tiger FAN) is rolling over her East Mt. grave but really Waterboy.....you guys got it going on this year Now give it
to 'em. Trash talk is in order.

You got it......get after it.

You too Aussie. I see your from Gilmer.

waterboy
07-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Am I gonna have to talk your trash for ya? Now you know my history with the Buckeyes and my Momma (a dyed in the wool EM Tiger FAN) is rolling over her East Mt. grave but really Waterboy.....you guys got it going on this year Now give it
to 'em. Trash talk is in order.

You got it......get after it.

You too Aussie. I see your from Gilmer.
I can talk trash with the best of 'em, but I ain't gonna talk it 'til it's time!:D I wasn't here then, but the posters on here that were remember '06. Some posters, I ain't sure who or where they were from, were talkin' it up on here about how good the Buckeyes were....up until they lost in the first round.:( We're just now living that down.....and I wasn't even a part of it. I believe in being a little more humble about it. After all, in high school football anything can happen. As much potential as this Buckeye team has, I still know it has to happen on the field. Rankings won't make you a champion, else they would pass out the trophies now!:D

lulu
07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
I can talk trash with the best of 'em, but I ain't gonna talk it 'til it's time!:D I wasn't here then, but the posters on here that were remember '06. Some posters, I ain't sure who or where they were from, were talkin' it up on here about how good the Buckeyes were....up until they lost in the first round.:( We're just now living that down.....and I wasn't even a part of it. I believe in being a little more humble about it. After all, in high school football anything can happen. As much potential as this Buckeye team has, I still know it has to happen on the field. Rankings won't make you a champion, else they would pass out the trophies now!:D

Well said. Humility is a good trait. You look at things realistically ...as do I. But dad gumm it even I would be tempted and I am the most humble poster I've seen on here.

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I am the most humble poster I've seen on here.

Isn't this just a bit contradicting?:D

lulu
07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Isn't this just a bit contradicting?:D

You could have a point there Sweetwater. Maybe I should have worded that a bit different.

Good to see you on top of things.

zebrablue2
07-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Sweetwater should go the 2-3 route if they get out of district. I say that because all teams within our district are tough. Teams that stay healthy will move on..

PS: words from the wise.. also keeps u out of trouble right--LOL..

WOS87
07-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie

Good luck with that in D2! :D

pancho villa
07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
STATE CHAMPS

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I expect 2-3 rounds. I am hoping for 4+. ;)
Thank you...
I am always pessimistic when it comes to my home town. I know nothing about this year's team so that is a breath of fresh air.
:) http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-011.gif:)

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
STATE CHAMPS
For dirt watering right?:p

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Some posters, I ain't sure who or where they were from, were talkin' it up on here about how good the Buckeyes were....up until they lost in the first round
I seem to remember something about "hide and watch" that year. :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

4+ for us, with some luck and healthy kids. :cheerl:

ivchris
08-01-2009, 03:38 PM

Dang, I used to like you. :D

cshscougar08
08-01-2009, 10:31 PM
In all seriousness I have no idea. I said 2-3 rounds deep. Could be more. Just depends on how the team comes together. We lost a lot. But I feel that we're a really fast team. Lots of speed on offense.

trojan37
08-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
In all seriousness I have no idea. I said 2-3 rounds deep. Could be more. Just depends on how the team comes together. We lost a lot. But I feel that we're a really fast team. Lots of speed on offense.

Hicks is gone. Enough said.

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Obviously the out look for Trojan hasn't changed. He has nothing good to say about West but then again there was no poll selection for "getting stomped by China Spring....Again"

trojan37
08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
HICKS IS GONE! ENOUGH SAID!

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Yea so what? He didn't all those points on West by himself!

trojan37
08-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Obviously the out look for Trojan hasn't changed. He has nothing good to say about West but then again there was no poll selection for "getting stomped by China Spring....Again"

Looking at the West football history, I count all 17 meetings between West-CS with West winning 11 of those meetings, not to mention the first 10 before you guys ever got close to beating West. We need to let ya'll win a few so you don't feel so bad. That's about to change. CS won't be able to beat there way out of a paper sack this year.

cshscougar08
08-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Looking at the West football history, I count all 17 meetings between West-CS with West winning 11 of those meetings, not to mention the first 10 before you guys ever got close to beating West. We need to let ya'll win a few so you don't feel so bad. That's about to change. CS won't be able to beat there way out of a paper sack this year.

Doubt it. You said yourself our district is pathetic. Including that one team between Waco and Hillsboro. And as for the past, that's exactly it. Past. Who cares?

trojan37
08-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Exactly, it's the past. You guys can always bring up past games, and so can I. And you misunderstood what I said in a previous thread. What I really said, since you guys think you can't be beat, is it will be pathetic when you get beat by West this year.

cshscougar08
08-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Exactly, it's the past. You guys can always bring up past games, and so can I. And you misunderstood what I said in a previous thread. What I really said, since you guys think you can't be beat, is it will be pathetic when you get beat by West this year.

Ya know I don't recall ever bringing up a past game or Rabid or any of us for that matter. But if you say so it must be true. Just like you saying West will beat CS. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Rabid Cougar
08-02-2009, 05:22 PM

Yea I'll bring up the past...

Sure West was 10-0 vs CS back when CS was 2A and barely a 3A and West was a 3 A playoff team (couldn't seem to beat Cameron though) I would not expect any less.

But lets talk the past 10 years ..... CS 6 wins ... West 1 Win.

Average points scored... CS 35 West 8.

Guess what?

Hicks only played in one of those games.

trojan37
08-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Still, West has 11 wins, CS has 6. And how did Cameron come up in this conversation?:confused:

Old Green
08-02-2009, 05:58 PM
4+ is always the Gobblers goal.;)

Rabid Cougar
08-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Still, West has 11 wins, CS has 6. And how did Cameron come up in this conversation?:confused:

1974, I was at Leo Buckley freezing in the sleet when Cameron beat West in Regional Finals. The only time I ever saw Cameron and West play.