PDA

View Full Version : Society makes me sick...

navscanmaster
07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Why do we all have to know all the gory details and 911 tapes of the horrible, unthinkable slaying of an infant? It just makes me sick. Every news station is so morbid these days...

PPHSfan
07-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Society is Booger's laboratory.

SintonFan
07-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Why do we all have to know all the gory details and 911 tapes of the horrible, unthinkable slaying of an infant? It just makes me sick. Every news station is so morbid these days...
I am glad I'm not in SA now but unfortunately many are curious as to what happened and the reasons why. I have been asked about this several times this week.

SintonFan
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM
BTW, you are part of society. You have the right to complain.:)

TexasHSFB
07-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Why do we all have to know all the gory details and 911 tapes of the horrible, unthinkable slaying of an infant? It just makes me sick. Every news station is so morbid these days... I can't understand how they pick one sad story and run it into the ground for a month. ex. Lacy Peterson.

Tragic way for someone to die, but people go missing everyday. I don't understand why that ONE story out of thousands makes national headlines for weeks on end.

I mean, sure, she deserves recognition but don't you think they could run something that is newsworthy in place of the same old crap everyday.

That's why I like Jon Stewart. Granted, he's a comedian..... but he always keeps it fun and interesting when talking about whatever.

Same thing with this story. Sad situation, but I'm sure this story will be run for atleast a month everyday.

Farmersfan
07-30-2009, 07:41 AM
They only run the stories people want to hear about. We cannot blame the media for anything. They only do what we dictate to them to do. Geraldo, Maury and Springer have made millions off the fact that people will watch "CRAP" as long as it is happening to someone else. Look at the huge impact of reality tv to our watching habits. Everyone says it's nonsense yet those shows do very welll.... Go figure!

Ranger Mom
07-30-2009, 09:38 AM
I know what story yall are talking about, but I really haven't heard that much about it on the news channels.....Michael Jackson is STILL dominating the headlines.

pirate4state
07-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
I can't understand how they pick one sad story and run it into the ground for a month. ex. Lacy Peterson.

Tragic way for someone to die, but people go missing everyday. I don't understand why that ONE story out of thousands makes national headlines for weeks on end.

I mean, sure, she deserves recognition but don't you think they could run something that is newsworthy in place of the same old crap everyday.

I'll PM you my theory. I'd rather not start a holy war on the DL.