PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Wow what a match that will be at UFC 101

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Fedor expected to sign friday. Fedor V Brock will be awesome.

ol country boy
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Look for big fight at UFC 103 in Dallas.

Look for Rich Franklin vs Tito Ortiz & Dan Henderson vs Vitor Belfort

XtremeCouture
07-29-2009, 05:11 PM
the only way you will ever see fedor fight in the ufc is if you create him on the game

rockdale80
07-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Look for big fight at UFC 103 in Dallas.

Look for Rich Franklin vs Tito Ortiz & Dan Henderson vs Vitor Belfort

I thought Hendeson was fighting Franklin? I have my tickets either way. :D

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
the only way you will ever see fedor fight in the ufc is if you create him on the game Not according to what I've been hearing. They say Fedor is coming to the UFC and a Lesnar/Fedor fight is imminent. :thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Not according to what I've been hearing. They say Fedor is coming to the UFC and a Lesnar/Fedor fight is imminent. :thinking:

So sayeth the LA Times; they did retract that the announcement will be Friday. Fedor is hardcore negotiating. Think he wants to keep more of his merchandising and guarantee less of his fights to UFC.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
So sayeth the LA Times; they did retract that the announcement will be Friday. Fedor is hardcore negotiating. Think he wants to keep more of his merchandising and guarantee less of his fights to UFC. he has every right to, all the MMA purists despise Lesnar. They first said he didn't belong in UFC, then that he didn't deserve a shot at the title then that he couldn't beat Mir NOW they want him to fight the BEST of the BEST. LOL Fedor can demand what he wants, the balls in his court.

XtremeCouture
07-29-2009, 06:42 PM
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Fedor Emelianenko, the top-ranked heavyweight in the world, will not fight in the UFC unless Dana White and company agree to co-promote with Emelianenko’s partners at M-1 Global. M-1 Global CEO Vadim Finkelstein made that clear Wednesday at a news conference. Finkelstein confirmed that M-1 Global had negotiated with UFC officials as recently as Tuesday. “We are open,” Finkelstein said. “We do want to work with the UFC. We do want to work with other promotions.” Finkelstein said the UFC made a new offer to Emelianenko, and M-1 Global made a counteroffer. However, Finkelstein said Emeliananko would not proceed without a co-promotional effort between M-1 and the UFC where they shared expenses and profits. Finkelstein also communicated that the UFC's representation in the media of his negotiations with the organization has not been accurate. He said Emelianenko has been made completely aware of any deals, past and present, that have been offered. “I have 100 percent faith in Vadim and M-1 Global," Emelianenko said. M-1 Global also pressured the UFC by saying they are in talks with other shows, including Strikeforce. “We're not going to wait,” Finkelstein said. “We have to move forward. It might be that very soon we will be able to announce a deal with another promotion. I'm going to tell you that we're only going to work under co-promotion conditions.” Other notes • In addition to Strikeforce, Finkelstein confirmed that M-1 Global is in negotiations with a “few other companies." Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was present at the conference in the audience. • Gegard Mousasi will leave Sunday and prepare one week in Holland before returning to the U.S. for his light heavyweight title bout against Renato “Babalu” Sobral at Strikeforce “Carano vs. Cyborg” on Aug. 15 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. • M-1 Global suggested it could take legal action against Affliction regarding the cancellation of the Aug. 1 event. "We're exploring all options at this time, legally, with regard to Affliction and what we believe took place," said Mark Hines, attorney for M-1 Global and Emelianenko. "We're not prepared to say where we're going to go with this, but I can promise you and I can promise Affliction that if something was done wrong, somebody will be held responsible." Joe Hall contributed to this report, which was updated at 6:05 p.m. ET with additional notes.
http://sherdog.com/news/news/m-1-no-fedor-in-ufc-without-co-promoting-18792

XtremeCouture
07-29-2009, 06:44 PM
let me break it down for you. M-1 wants UFC to build their promotion thus creating competition for the UFC. not happening. UFC wants to take M-1's moneymaker thus driving their company out of business. not happening. there's no deal unless fedor decides to grow some balls and fight the best the UFC has to offer

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
let me break it down for you. M-1 wants UFC to build their promotion thus creating competition for the UFC. not happening. UFC wants to take M-1's moneymaker thus driving their company out of business. not happening. there's no deal unless fedor decides to grow some balls and fight the best the UFC has to offer It'll get done. :) Hopefully.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I wonder if Lesnar bat Fedor what the excuse would be as to why he won?

ol country boy
07-29-2009, 10:23 PM
xtreme couture,

do you work out in vegas? or train out there?