View Full Version : Rattlesnake in Manor

BaseballUmp
07-29-2009, 02:59 PM
This snake was shot by a police officer in Manor yesterday. It was shot in
the backyard of a house in the middle of a big neighborhood (not near any
woods, fields, etc.). The woman's four children were playing in the yard at
the time when they heard the rattle.

Be careful when you're out in your yard! Snakes are looking for water and
going into areas where you don't traditionally see them.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m120/yoemen07/GetAttachment.jpg

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2009, 03:01 PM
What the hell did that thing eat? A skateboard?

BaseballUmp
07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
haha not sure my gf just emailed me this pretty crazy

pirate4state
07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
What the hell did that thing eat? A skateboard? a cat? weiner dog?

BEAST
07-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Crazy. Saturday I killed a Copperhead in my front yard. We live in town as well. Copperheads are actually worse than a rattler. A rattler will warn you and do its best to get away, a Copperhead will not warn you and will actually try to attack you. My 6 and 3 year old boys were playing in the yard when we spotted it. I killed it about 10 feet from where they were playing and it was heading there direction.

BEAST

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
a cat? weiner dog?

heheheh, wiener....dog.

Yous a gay snake, man!

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Crazy. Saturday I killed a Copperhead in my front yard. We live in town as well. Copperheads are actually worse than a rattler. A rattler will warn you and do its best to get away, a Copperhead will not warn you and will actually try to attack you. My 6 and 3 year old boys were playing in the yard when we spotted it. I killed it about 10 feet from where they were playing and it was heading there direction.
BEAST

My mom got bit on the foot by a copperhead a few years ago in North Texas. Turned her foot purple.

BaseballUmp
07-29-2009, 03:18 PM
yea i remember on a field trip back in like 2nd grade we went to this nature place and we were walking through the woods and i stepped directly over a copperhead that struck at me...needless to say it scared the crap out of me

DU_stud04
07-29-2009, 05:39 PM
when i worked at the mill, we would get snakes here and there. one time i was down in the dyer pit checking the feeders and see a rattler atleast 4ft long. cant really leave it down there so i had to kill it. got a hoe and took a luck swing. after his head chopped off he was still trying to bite very wierd looking. put it in a bag and carried it up to the mechanics.... they had fun with it playing a few jokes on people.

jrhernandez7
07-29-2009, 06:32 PM
wow , our ranch is outside elgin about less than 10min away from manor, an we have seen our killed more than our share of rattle snakes but none near that size. wow was just thinking how lucky we been not to see any for a wile. looks like there all moving to manor

STANG RED
07-29-2009, 06:48 PM
That's most likely an eastern diamondback, to be that big. Western rarely ever get that big, but there's a lot more of them.
Easterns are also a bit more aggresive, and their huge fangs will rip some pretty big holes in ya.

zebrablue2
07-29-2009, 09:47 PM
all I can say about that snake is HOLY CRAP:eek:

PPHSfan
07-29-2009, 10:01 PM
I got bit by a rattlesnake in Midland Texas while playing golf back in 1997, but it wasn't that big. LOL

cameron91
07-30-2009, 12:26 AM
from what I heard it was 7 feet long and that was a jack rabbit inside of him..

TexasHSFB
07-30-2009, 12:44 AM
My friend got bit by a snake in 7th grade. They didn't see it so they don;t know what kind, but his leg swole up for about a month and he had to have 8 viles of anti-venom that were a couple grand a peice. :doh:

injuredinmelee
07-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
My friend got bit by a snake in 7th grade. They didn't see it so they don;t know what kind, but his leg swole up for about a month and he had to have 8 viles of anti-venom that were a couple grand a peice. :doh:

guess there are no water restrictions in Manor? That yard sure is green.

cameron91
07-30-2009, 12:15 PM
that subdivision set along a creek , so they have that good black dirt.
They say that rattler is another one of the 7 footer's from Brownwood..:D

Bone Pile
07-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Walking back to my truck one night after deer hunting,I walked up on one in the dark. I carry a good light and hunt with snake boots on,even when it is cold.

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
They say that rattler is another one of the 7 footer's from Brownwood..:D
:evillol: :clap: :evillol: :clap: :evillol: Well played.