PDA

View Full Version : How is

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 01:50 PM
"Hussein Obama" a word play on Barack's name? That is part of the man's name, correct?:thinking:

BEAST
07-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
"Hussein Obama" a word play on Barack's name? That is part of the man's name, correct?:thinking:

It isnt a play on his name. It is part of his name. I say because it humored during the campaign, not a single mainstream media outlet would call him by his name. They would occasionally use the full names of some of the others. Never his though. Wonder why?

BEAST

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
It isnt a play on his name. It is part of his name. I say because it humored during the campaign, not a single mainstream media outlet would call him by his name. They would occasionally use the full names of some of the others. Never his though. Wonder why?

BEAST because alarmists ignorant idiots would associate him with terrorists and witless politicians would exploit it. How many times in Bush's administration did people call him Walker Bush

BEAST
07-29-2009, 02:17 PM
They referred to Bush quite often as George W. Bush. So much so that he was given the nickname W, dubya. It was never Barak H. Obama. Just Barak Obama or simply, Obama. I mean nothing by it, as I said, it just humored me. Did it hit a nerve? Wasnt meaning to.

BEAST

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
They referred to Bush quite often as George W. Bush. So much so that he was given the nickname W, dubya. It was never Barak H. Obama. Just Barak Obama or simply, Obama. I mean nothing by it, as I said, it just humored me. Did it hit a nerve? Wasnt meaning to.

BEAST actually not at all, as a matter of fact when people use it while making a point I feel it diminishes it. But again, I never saw anyone use "Walker Bush" yet I wonder why "Hussein" Obama would be different? :thinking:

outright and intent aren't the same

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 03:27 PM
George W. Bush was called that because his dad was George H. W. Bush.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
because alarmists ignorant idiots would associate him with terrorists and witless politicians would exploit it. How many times in Bush's administration did people call him Walker Bush This coming from the guy who refers to Bush as "dubya."

LMAO.

You can refer to Bush as "Dubya" but noone else is allowed to even mention Barack's REAL name or else it's a word play.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
George W. Bush was called that because his dad was George H. W. Bush.

+1

What's John McCain's middle name? Sara Palin's? Joe Biden's? Nancy Pelosi's? How often do you hear that referred to?

H. Ross Perot used H. because he went by his middle name.

Hill-dog only uses her because she wants to show her feminist side, and even most of the time people still call her by HC...or Hill-dog.

Using Hussein isn't wordplay only if the same parameters are being used for each person you speak of. Does he go by Hussein? No. How many other politicians that go by their first name are referred to by their middle? Only W (and the reasoning is explained above). Calling Hussein is purosefully trying create a link to Obama & Sadam, which is ludicrous.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
+1

What's John McCain's middle name? Sara Palin's? Joe Biden's? Nancy Pelosi's? How often do you hear that referred to?

H. Ross Perot used H. because he went by his middle name?

Hill-dog only uses her because she wants to show her feminist side, and even most of the time people still call her by HC...or Hill-dog.

Using Hussein isn't wordlay only if the same parameters are being used for each person you speak of. Does he go by Hussein? No. How many other politicians that go by their first name are referred to by their middle? Only W (and the reasoning is explained above). Calling Hussein is purosefully trying create a link to Obama & Sadam, which is ludicrous. Persoanlly I've never heard of anyone refer to him as "Barack Hussein Obama," I'm just wondering how it's a word play if the middle name was mentioned. You have a good point.

Although I'm not making any direct comparisons to Saddam, you do have to recognize the "coincidence." :eek: :devil: :p

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
This coming from the guy who refers to Bush as "dubya."

LMAO.

You can refer to Bush as "Dubya" but noone else is allowed to even mention Barack's REAL name or else it's a word play.
It's what he's called in his circles is it not?

And I'm certainly not using his name to connect him to some policy I dislike or terrorist organization....lmao you tell Farmersfan to stick to politics perhaps you should stick to opening up dumba$$ threads as such!

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:05 PM
+1

H. Ross Perot used H. because he went by his middle name?

Using Hussein isn't wordlay only if the same parameters are being used for each person you speak of. Does he go by Hussein? No. How many other politicians that go by their first name are referred to by their middle? Only W (and the reasoning is explained above). Calling Hussein is purosefully trying create a link to Obama & Sadam, which is ludicrous. LOL thank you for educating the poor soul.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2009, 06:10 PM

And I'm certainly not using his name to connect him to some policy I dislike or terrorist organization....lmao you tell Farmersfan to stick to politics perhaps you should stick to opening up dumba$$ threads as such!

I'm going to stick up for the right side here on basically the same principle. I don't see an issue with George W. Bush, but 'Dubya' was created by the liberal side of media (I believe there's both side to it, and you can't convince me otherwise) to portray him in the Good Ol'Boy view. Some people call with Dubya just because, but the main reason for creation was to put a negative, uneducated slant that was picked up to a point that it became commonplace and some may not realize the negativity attached to it.

I feel, to be fair, one cannot demand one side to refrain from using Hussein and still type or refer to 'Dubya' instead of George W. Bush. The W. is for distinguishing between another person, and not a nickname.

As always, JMO.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:10 PM

And I'm certainly not using his name to connect him to some policy I dislike or terrorist organization....lmao you tell Farmersfan to stick to politics perhaps you should stick to opening up dumba$$ threads as such! Noone is connecting him to terrorist organizations. Referring to him by his name? Yeah.

As far as I can see, you are the only person saying anything about terorist connections. BTLH mentioned something about it, and I jokingly replied.

And, maybe I should. I'm not one to take a liberal moron's advice though.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm going to stick up for the right side here on basically the same principle. I don't see an issue with George W. Bush, but 'Dubya' was created by the liberal side of media (I believe there's both side to it, and you can't convince me otherwise) to portray him in the Good Ol'Boy view. Some people call with Dubya just because, but the main reason for creation was to put a negative, uneducated slant that was picked up to a point that it became commonplace and some may not realize the negativity attached to it.

I feel, to be fair, one cannot demand one side to refrain from using Hussein and still type or refer to 'Dubya' instead of George W. Bush. The W. is for distinguishing between another person, and not a nickname.

As always, JMO. well, you'll have to exclude me from that line of thinking, it was my understanding that it was how he was referred to in his circle. I normally use W. as a short hand. Either way, big difference in how I refer to him and the purposeful use of a name to stir the passions of a xenophobic populace in order to win an election. McCain was bigger than that, they even asked him to expand on that talk, but he calmly quieted that "muslim" talk.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Noone is connecting him to terrorist organizations. Referring to him by his name? Yeah.

As far as I can see, you are the only person saying anything about terorist connections. BTLH mentioned something about it, and I jokingly replied.

And, maybe I should. I'm not one to take a liberal moron's advice though. again, when I see GWB referred to in the media as Walker Bush, I'll agree with your premise, and your head was either buried in the sand or your rear if you didn't see the run up to the election and that connection btw his name and who he associates with. I'm a liberal moron? hahaha partner enter the gauntlet any time you please when discussions arise, I'd love to hear the insight of such a uninformed soul, it almost takes the joy out of it, ALMOST.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:18 PM
well, you'll have to exclude me from that line of thinking, it was my understanding that it was how he was referred to in his circle. I normally use W. as a short hand. Either way, big difference in how I refer to him and the purposeful use of a name to stir the passions of a xenophobic populace in order to win an election. McCain was bigger than that, they even asked him to expand on that talk, but he calmly quieted that "muslim" talk. Right. You refer to Bush as "dubya" because that's how he is "referred to in his circle" (not because it's degrading) and anyone who mentions "Hussein" is using nothing more than a word play.

Am I the only one who sees the irony? Maybe it's because I'm young and dumb. Yeah, that's gotta be it. It couldn't be because what I say is even partly logical. After all, I haven't read enough liberal way of life books.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2009, 06:18 PM
well, you'll have to exclude me from that line of thinking, it was my understanding that it was how he was referred to in his circle. I normally use W. as a short hand. Either way, big difference in how I refer to him and the purposeful use of a name to stir the passions of a xenophobic populace in order to win an election. McCain was bigger than that, they even asked him to expand on that talk, but he calmly quieted that "muslim" talk.

Big difference in being portrayed to a xenophobic populace as a terrorist....

...and being portrayed as a uneducated, xenophobic person who wants to 'blow up'or 'destroy' those not like us? (like a terrorist?).

Just saying, I can see both sides, and to me, it's not a huge difference. Each side pandered using wordplay to make the other person seem like a bigot.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Right. You refer to Bush as "dubya" because that's how he is "referred to in his circle" (not because it's degrading) and anyone who mentions "Hussein" is using nothing more than a word play.

Am I the only one who sees the irony? Maybe it's because I'm young and dumb. Yeah, that's gotta be it. It couldn't be because what I say is even partly logical. After all, I haven't read enough liberal way of life books. People call Dubya that because that is what he's been called for years.

When people called Obama 'Hussein' they are trying to connect him to a terrorist organization(mainly the conservative side during the election).

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:21 PM
again, when I see GWB referred to in the media as Walker Bush, I'll agree with your premise, and your head was either buried in the sand or your rear if you didn't see the run up to the election and that connection btw his name and who he associates with. I'm a liberal moron? hahaha partner enter the gauntlet any time you please when discussions arise, I'd love to hear the insight of such a uninformed soul, it almost takes the joy out of it, ALMOST. Not even you can deny his terroristic connections (beyond his middle name---- I'm talking about his associates)........ atleast I would hope tht even you could see that.

Or maybe you could see how ignorant his "personal mentor" is, or his connections to ACORN..... :thinking:.

C'mon man. Not even good ole DD could ignore those.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Right. You refer to Bush as "dubya" because that's how he is "referred to in his circle" (not because it's degrading) and anyone who mentions "Hussein" is using nothing more than a word play.

Am I the only one who sees the irony? Maybe it's because I'm young and dumb. Yeah, that's gotta be it. It couldn't be because what I say is even partly logical. After all, I haven't read enough liberal way of life books. if you can't tell the difference then it isn't my job to explain it to you as much as it is your job to educate yourself. By the way, I didn't say "anyone' who uses it, but in the context it is used sure.

Young and dumb? your words not mine. I find 18 y/o's in your side of the aisle that can explain themselves eloquently and w/o use of mal-intended connotations because it inflames a portion of the voting bloc. So you haven't read enough liberal way of books? haha I don't understand how my stance is in any way meaningful to this? But your going in different directions is surely indicative of your inability to rationalize a thought. Again, if I'm dumb feel free to enter any argument in play, I seem to only see you throw a kibble here and there but I guess we can wait on substance from you later? I hope.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
People call Dubya that because that is what he's been called for years.

When people called Obama 'Hussein' they are trying to connect him to a terrorist organization(mainly the conservative side during the election). Show me where someone said that because Obama's middle name is "Hussein" that he must be involved with terrorists. Show me where.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Not even you can deny his terroristic connections (beyond his middle name---- I'm talking about his associates)........ atleast I would hope tht even you could see that.

Or maybe you could see how ignorant his "personal mentor" is, or his connections to ACORN..... :thinking:.

C'mon man. Not even good ole DD could ignore those.

And this is where I leave the discussion. Y'all have fun from here!

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Big difference in being portrayed to a xenophobic populace as a terrorist....

...and being portrayed as a uneducated, xenophobic person who wants to 'blow up'or 'destroy' those not like us? (like a terrorist?).

Just saying, I can see both sides, and to me, it's not a huge difference. Each side pandered using wordplay to make the other person seem like a bigot. LOL well if talking like that means one's a bigot, then so be it, almost all my friends talk with a southern accent and I certainly don't associate them as bigots, by nature of my association with them. Does the term mean something else to people in other parts of the country perhaps. But I never use it or any variation of it to expand a point I'm making as I've seen here repeatedly with Osama-Obama, Hussen Osama blah blah

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Concerning William Ayers
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_lied_about_bill_ayers.html

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:26 PM
if you can't tell the difference then it isn't my job to explain it to you as much as it is your job to educate yourself. By the way, I didn't say "anyone' who uses it, but in the context it is used sure.

Young and dumb? your words not mine. I find 18 y/o's in your side of the aisle that can explain themselves eloquently and w/o use of mal-intended connotations because it inflames a portion of the voting bloc. So you haven't read enough liberal way of books? haha I don't understand how my stance is in any way meaningful to this? But your going in different directions is surely indicative of your inability to rationalize a thought. Again, if I'm dumb feel free to enter any argument in play, I seem to only see you throw a kibble here and there but I guess we can wait on substance from you later? I hope. I'll stick to my kibbles. I'll be sure to provide some substance about 4 screen names from now.:cool:

DDBooger
Show me where someone said that because Obama's middle name is "Hussein" that he must be involved with terrorists. Show me where. lmao youtube it, google it, whole crap loads of videos with people holding posters saying it. haha your reaching man, get out of your bubble

DDBooger
I'll stick to my kibbles. I'll be sure to provide some substance about 4 screen names from now.:cool: ;)

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2009, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Show me where someone said that because Obama's middle name is "Hussein" that he must be involved with terrorists. Show me where. [/QUOTE

dude come on..it is not that they say because his name is that he is terroist..it is the connotation and relaitionship theory that when u hear something u correlate it to a certain image. That is why EVEN JOHN MCCAIN said it was wrong when Bill Cunningham was introducing McCain and used the full name three times in his opening.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:29 PM
lmao youtube it, google it, whole crap loads of videos with people holding posters saying it. haha your reaching man, get out of your bubble I'm talking about people of importance. I'm not talking about 18 y/o right wing nut jobs like me. :p

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm talking about people of importance. I'm not talking about 18 y/o right wing nut jobs like me. :p many of political activist for john mccain did.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Show me where someone said that because Obama's middle name is "Hussein" that he must be involved with terrorists. Show me where. [/QUOTE

dude come on..it is not that they say because his name is that he is terroist..it is the connotation and relaitionship theory that when u hear something u correlate it to a certain image. That is why EVEN JOHN MCCAIN said it was wrong when Bill Cunningham was introducing McCain and used the full name three times in his opening. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, chances are... it might be a duck. :thinking: ;)

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:32 PM
many of political activist for john mccain did. Again... someone of importance.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Again... someone of importance. so the people who organise voters for mccain at the election locations aren't important?

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm talking about people of importance. I'm not talking about 18 y/o right wing nut jobs like me. :p see TXB's statement above

Black_Magic
07-29-2009, 06:34 PM
anyone who uses his middle name like they have and then tries to act all inocent about is makes me laugh. Its almost insulting for someone to use it like described and then expect anyone to buy that excuse. Sure it means something. Just admit it and go on.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:35 PM
so the people who organise voters for mccain at the election locations aren't important? Show me where that actaully happened and IF it happened.... then.......Yea, about as important as the black panthers outside voting locations threatening people who didn't vote for Obama.:)

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Show me where that actaully happened and IF it happened.... then.......Yea, about as important as the black panthers outside voting locations threatening people who didn't vote for Obama.:) Dude you don't watch enough election coverage did you?

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
see TXB's statement above I saw that. That was finally someone of importance. :clap:

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I saw that. That was finally someone of importance. :clap: willfull ignorance won't carry you far ;) but if people placate you feel free to wonder aimlessly! :p

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Dude you don't watch enough election coverage did you? I'm just asking you to provide some "substance" (That was for you DD).

Provide a link that is worth opening.

Black_Magic
07-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Dude you don't watch enough election coverage did you? I saw it and when the guy mentioned Hussien the crowd was very fired up . To me its the same thing as if this happened. Imagine if President Truman's middle name was Adolf. and then Dewy started to continuously use his middle name as if to associate Truman to Nazis or Facist.. It would be the same thing.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm just asking you to provide some "substance" (That was for you DD).

Provide a link that is worth opening. hahaha you want others to do the work for you? were you absent from life for 8 months last year? Have you not read the threads the last 3-4 weeks? It isn't that it bothers me, but there is obviously intent associated with using his FULL or 2/3rds of his name. It impassioned the embittered. Now you demand substance and I've failed to ever see you provide it. :rolleyes:

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:41 PM
willfull ignorance won't carry you far ;) but if people placate you feel free to wonder aimlessly! :p I'll let willfull ignornance tide me over til I can my hands on some of them books you been preaching about. ;)

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:43 PM
I'll let willfull ignornance tide me over til I can my hands on some of them books you been preaching about. ;) books? I've been preaching about books? LOL You know I speculated you were a skimmer, but now I know you are.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:47 PM
hahaha you want others to do the work for you? were you absent from life for 8 months last year? Have you not read the threads the last 3-4 weeks? It isn't that it bothers me, but there is obviously intent associated with using his FULL or 2/3rds of his name. It impassioned the embittered. Now you demand substance and I've failed to ever see you provide it. :rolleyes: You expect substance from me and I ask for it in return and it's wanting people to do work for me?

Double standard? C'mon DD.

I just figured it out though. I now know why you guys saw so much "Obama hating." You guys watch too much CNN and MSNBC and they covered the stories about people attacking Obama. You know that FOX wouldn't air those. We like to keep them pushed under the table. :)

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:48 PM
books? I've been preaching about books? LOL You know I speculated you were a skimmer, but now I know you are. No, I'll read..... just not much. Skimming does nothing for me. ;)

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:49 PM
You expect substance from me and I ask for it in return and it's wanting people to do work for me?

Double standard? C'mon DD.

I just figured it out though. I now know why you guys saw so much "Obama hating." You guys watch too much CNN and MSNBC and they covered the stories about people attacking Obama. You know that FOX wouldn't air those. We like to keep them pushed under the table. :)
Double standard, I have more than shown my ability to talk constructively with people and discuss ideas and only engaged in barbs when thrust upon me as you so eloquently put the "liberal" talk. You are acting stupid in thinking their is no association between his name and terrorists by nature of his fathers muslim heritage. Fox, MSNBC, CNN those are for people as yourself who find opinions from pundits informing and "SMART" haha

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:50 PM
No, I'll read..... just not much. Skimming does nothing for me. ;) apparently neither does reading

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:52 PM
apparently neither does reading Simple. Your books suck.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Simple. Your books suck. based on your subjective reasoning and behavior thus far I find that complimentary, but I still fail to see the relevance of books in any of this haha

Pick6
07-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Please don't tell me that THSFB is the future of the Conservative party :(

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Double standard, I have more than shown my ability to talk constructively with people and discuss ideas and only engaged in barbs when thrust upon me as you so eloquently put the "liberal" talk. You are acting stupid in thinking their is no association between his name and terrorists by nature of his fathers muslim heritage. Fox, MSNBC, CNN those are for people as yourself who find opinions from pundits informing and "SMART" haha I find certain points and opinions "smart."

Others, like yours, not so much. ;)

DD, you know I respect your big words and fancy thoughts.... but I'll never agree. I may not be able to put together words so nicely as you, but I can think for myself. I don't always agree with what I say, but sometimes I'll say it just to see what kinda talk you guys can come up with. :)

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:56 PM
based on your subjective reasoning and behavior thus far I find that complimentary, but I still fail to see the relevance of books in any of this haha You always tell me I need to read more. :)

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Please don't tell me that THSFB is the future of the Conservative party :( Nah, politics isn't my niche. I'll leave that to DD. I just like to see what kinda crap I can throw at him. I find it hilarious sometimes to go back and read my old posts. Especially those from "Necks_Fan."

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:58 PM
I find certain points and opinions "smart."

Others, like yours, not so much. ;)

DD, you know I respect your big words and fancy thoughts.... but I'll never agree. I may not be able to put together words so nicely as you, but I can think for myself. I don't always agree with what I say, but sometimes I'll say it just to see what kinda talk you guys can come up with. :) if verbal judo or manipulation is what you see and you don't take the time to weigh the depth of what I'm saying whether you agree with them or not, either you choose not to or you are incapable of it. I have had amicable exchanges with several people here who will NEVER agree with me, yet through PM have settled our personal dispute and agreed to disagree, you are full of brimstone and fire.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 06:59 PM
You always tell me I need to read more. :) BUT and this is a big BUT, like KARDASHIAN BUT :D

I don't tell you WHAT to read. Just inform yourself, it may not matter to you know, but it will. Trust me.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 07:00 PM
if verbal judo or manipulation is what you see and you don't take the time to weigh the depth of what I'm saying whether you agree with them or not, either you choose not to or you are incapable of it. I have had amicable exchanges with several people here who will NEVER agree with me, yet through PM have settled our personal dispute and agreed to disagree, you are full of brimstone and fire. Correction: I'm full of youth and crazy thoughts.

I understand what you say, I'm just not as eloquent in my return fire. I like to dumb it down a little, or alot. My teachers would be proud. :D

Phantom Stang
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
I've heard Barry refer to himself as "Barack Hussien Obama" when addressing a crowd on more than one occasion. Is his middle name used negatively? Of course it is. I don't think many people based their vote on it though.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Correction: I'm full of youth and crazy thouhts.

I understand what you say, I'm just not as eloquent in my return fire. I like to dumb it down a little, or alot. My teachers would be proud. :D LOL well if youth is your explanation, all I can say is ENJOY IT, it fades! ;)

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 07:03 PM
BUT and this is a big BUT, like KARDASHIAN BUT :D

I don't tell you WHAT to read. Just inform yourself, it may not matter to you know, but it will. Trust me. WellI hope it's not the LA Times you suggest or the Washington Post.

Op-Ed's suck. They're about as useful as those pundits you speak of. :p

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Dudes!!! Why??? :confused:

I read this and see posters replying from quality
football programs.

What are ya'll gonna do wait until Sept. 3 to talk
football?

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
LOL well if youth is your explanation It most certainly is. Although..... I don't think my opinions will be changed all that much in 20 years or so. I'll just be able to back them up to your liking. :)

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 07:06 PM
WellI hope it's not the LA Times you suggest or the Washington Post.

Op-Ed's suck. They're about as useful as those pundits you speak of. :p I make no suggestions, find your position, research it and make the best decision you can. That being said, if I was your age at Texas A&M these things wouldn't concern me as much as the TNA on campus so enjoy yourself for a while, you'll have plenty of time to get here! haha

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 07:08 PM
It most certainly is. Although..... I don't think my opinions will be changed all that much in 20 years or so. I'll just be able to back them up to your liking. :) if I wanted disciples I'd have gone into the ministry! lmao debate fuels solutions when done respectfully and with respect for the other. I'm sure you'll do just fine. (I hope :p )

DDBooger
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Dudes!!! Why??? :confused:

I read this and see posters replying from quality
football programs.

What are ya'll gonna do wait until Sept. 3 to talk
football? I'm dying Red, I tried to stir it up in the Cowboys thread. July and August are the LONGEST months

TexasHSFB
I make no suggestions, find your position, research it and make the best decision you can. That being said, if I was your age at Texas A&M these things wouldn't concern me as much as the TNA on campus so enjoy yourself for a while, you'll have plenty of time to get here! haha Fair enough. Always fun DD. :)

See ya. I got biz to care of.

PPHSfan
07-29-2009, 09:13 PM
The first time I ever even heard of Mr. Obama, I heard his name in the media as Barack Hussein Obama. Heard it on CNN, Fox, CNBC, ABC, NBC, and everywhere else. The guy can't help it if he has a familiar sounding name. They all get nicknames.

I can remember a few.

Dubya
Slick Willie
Poppy
The Gipper'
"Jimmy" Carter
"Jerry" Ford aka Mr. Nice Guy
Tricky Dick
LBJ
The King of Camelot
Ike
High Tax Harry
FDR
Honest Abe aka Happy Jack
Mad Tom
King John II
The Father of our Country

Don't know what will stick to the new guy. I hear BHO a lot.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
The first time I ever even heard of Mr. Obama, I heard his name in the media as Barack Hussein Obama. Heard it on CNN, Fox, CNBC, ABC, NBC, and everywhere else. The guy can't help it if he has a familiar sounding name. They all get nicknames.

I can remember a few.

Dubya
Slick Willie
Poppy
The Gipper'
"Jimmy" Carter
"Jerry" Ford aka Mr. Nice Guy
Tricky Dick
LBJ
The King of Camelot
Ike
High Tax Harry
FDR
Honest Abe aka Happy Jack
Mad Tom
King John II
The Father of our Country

Don't know what will stick to the new guy. I hear BHO a lot.
Barry

PPHSfan
07-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Barry

I can see him being called Barry by friends and relatives. Probably called that as a child.

I think something more hip since he's black would work better.

Like Bam Bam or Snoop Doggy Obo:D

slpybear the bullfan
07-29-2009, 09:23 PM
BHO is used A LOT.

Eagle 1
07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
LOL well if talking like that means one's a bigot, then so be it, almost all my friends talk with a southern accent and I certainly don't associate them as bigots, by nature of my association with them. Does the term mean something else to people in other parts of the country perhaps. But I never use it or any variation of it to expand a point I'm making as I've seen here repeatedly with Osama-Obama, Hussen Osama blah blah

Just curious, was you born in Texas?

SintonFan
07-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I saw it and when the guy mentioned Hussien the crowd was very fired up . To me its the same thing as if this happened. Imagine if President Truman's middle name was Adolf. and then Dewy started to continuously use his middle name as if to associate Truman to Nazis or Facist.. It would be the same thing.
No it wouldn't. You say "Adolf", but "Hitler" would be a more accurate analogy(Adolf HITLER and Saddam HUSSEIN). Why would a crowd be "fired up" if someone used his actual middle name? He was born with the name, but the use of it was not PC during the election because of today's political correctness culture and a possible association with a terrible dictator. That is a reprehensible result of any media outlet and persons' response to today's political correctness based on not being able to trust that people can make up their own minds... on their own.

Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I've heard Barry refer to himself as "Barack Hussien Obama" when addressing a crowd on more than one occasion. Is his middle name used negatively? Of course it is. I don't think many people based their vote on it though.
Yes, Obama has used his full name much more recently, after the elections. He used it at will when addressing Muslim countries but here in the United States it is still considered "off-limits". Why is that? He himself sees his OWN name a liability at home(for elections) but chooses to use it at his political behest. Sad but true.:(