PDA

View Full Version : Wade Philips triggers my gag reflex

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Yesterdays Cowboys press conference did nothing for me except re-emphasized that Jerry Jones is a moron. At the end of what might be considered the worst underachieved season in NFL history both Jerry and Wade came on National TV and made statements about how they personally will have to change. Wade almost cried when he proclaimed he will have to "Change" the way he coaches and become more of a disciplinarian. Did anyone see any difference in Wade Philips yesterday? When questioned about "more discipline" and the disappointing season last year he started the normal Wade crap of dismissive one line answers and pretending that discipline was just a word people throw around and the Cowboys have moved on. His entire career he has done this. He addresses questions about the disappointing 9-7 season with a comment about the previous 13-3 season. When asked about the poor showing against Philly he will bring up how they beat a great team before. He always finds something good to say when he is questioned about bad things. The man needs to go NOW! He is breeding a atmosphere of mediocrity and accepting less than perfection in the organization.
Last season Jerry Jones felt he needed help at wide receiver so he went out and overpaid for Roy Williams. With the best receiver in history on their team (T.O.) he felt they still needed help and yet this season (WITHOUT) the best receiver in history he claims to be confident in their receivers. Sometimes I swear the man doesn't have a clue!
Comments?

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1509552.html

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
You lost all credibility when you called TO the best receiver in history. Please just ask the admin to delete your account so you can never try and talk sports again.

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Hell, given the thread title, I was scared to
click on it. :eek:

pirate4state
07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hell, given the thread title, I was scared to
click on it. :eek: bahahaha :clap:

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You lost all credibility when you called TO the best receiver in history. Please just ask the admin to delete your account so you can never try and talk sports again.

Ok! So my credibility in FORNEY is shot to hell. How ever will I recover from that handycap?????

Perhaps I should have said arguably the best receiver in history or maybe one the top 20 best receivers! Either way the effect of the statement remains the same. They believed they needed help WITH Terrell but now WITHOUT Terrell they are ok with their receiving corps................... Lunacy or Brilliance????? You make the call!

BuffyMars
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
you should have heard the ticket's fake jerry and wade this morning from SA. :D

forum_guy
07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
I have been wanting to say this. The statement of addition by subtraction is stupid. Getting rid of TO does not make the team better.

People will notice this when the cowboys wish they still had TO this year.

Cowboys this year = FAIL

TheDOCTORdre
07-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
I have been wanting to say this. The statement of addition by subtraction is stupid.

how is that stupid? teams do it all the time and get better

turbostud
07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Colin Cowherd loves rippin on the Cowboys, Phillips, Jones, and Romo. And everything he says is true.

bigwood33
07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
All you Eldorado fans need to take a deep breath. That guy is NOT a winner. At the end of his career he will finish with huge stats but that does not make him one of the greats. He can't hold Drew Pearson's, Michael Irvin's, Lynn Swann's, etc jock when it comes to being clutch and team players. He has always been a 'me first' not a 'team first' guy and that will never change. His act gets old wherever he goes, starting with SF and it will continue with Buffalo. That being said, Farmersfan you are correct. Jerry doesn't know what to do to turn this thing around and mediocrity is the result. His ego will not allow him to just be the owner (and a great one at that) and fire himself as GM so I predict continued failure for our beloved Cowboys. I am glad that Tex, Tom, and Mr Murchison cannot see how what they built has fallen!

Pick6
07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
His ego will not allow him to just be the owner (and a great one at that) and fire himself as GM

I hear this alot. He's not a great owner. A great owner would of already fired the GM of this team.

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Colin Cowherd loves rippin on the Cowboys, Phillips, Jones, and Romo. And everything he says is true.
This is a dumber statement then the original post. Cowherd will go on 10 minute rants about Romo playing in a golf tournament and thinks he should be in the film room from 8-5 every day during the off season. He is a bigger tool then Skip Bayless.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
I have been wanting to say this. The statement of addition by subtraction is stupid. Getting rid of TO does not make the team better.

People will notice this when the cowboys wish they still had TO this year.

Cowboys this year = FAIL

I can't agree with this statement. The team still has a lot of talent and the secret is to get the talent to perform. Removing T.O. will make that job easier. T.O. will be impossible to replace from the aspect of a single player taking over his production but the thought is that if Romo can take possesion of the team perhaps a combination of all players can replace T.O.'s production simply by an increase in their production. Talent has not been the problem with this team for several years now. It's been chemistry and attitude and THAT is where addition by substraction comes from. If the chemistry and attitude gets better then I honestly believe the team will be better. But I also think they better get another ace receiver or they can't compete for a title.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
This is a dumber statement then the original post. Cowherd will go on 10 minute rants about Romo playing in a golf tournament and thinks he should be in the film room from 8-5 every day during the off season. He is a bigger tool then Skip Bayless.

Your arguement only applies if Romo performs on the field. If not then Cowherd is 100% correct.

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Your arguement only applies if Romo performs on the field. If not then Cowherd is 100% correct.
Being tied for the most passing TDs the past two season even though he missed games isn't performing?

Hard to perform when you have Jason Garret as your OC. Romo isn't the one coming up with the game plan that other teams are publicly laughing at and calling simple to figure out.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Being tied for the most passing TDs the past two season even though he missed games isn't performing?

You are correct! Being way in the lead for the most turnovers in the league in the past two seasons isn't performing. And he is playing with the most talented team in the league..........

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Hard to perform when you have Jason Garret as your OC. Romo isn't the one coming up with the game plan that other teams are publicly laughing at and calling simple to figure out. [/B]

Perhaps that is all Romo can execute? I don't know for sure. Do you?

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 03:20 PM
now this is an excellent debate! :)

I happen to believe Romo can perform with a much more intricate scheme. Wonderboy Jason Garret, (highest paid OC?) hasn't turned out to be what Jones thought he was. The late Jim Johnson owned him along with many other d coordinators.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:23 PM

So you disagree with Cowherd that being in the film room is more beneficial than playing in a golf tournament?

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:25 PM
You are correct! Being way in the lead for the most turnovers in the league in the past two seasons isn't performing. And he is playing with the most talented team in the league..........
If the team was so talented then why did they go 1-2 and only score 14ppg in the games Romo was injured?

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:27 PM
So you disagree with Cowherd that being in the film room is more beneficial than playing in a golf tournament?
Yes, because even if you are playing football, you get tired and burnt out from it. I guess you have never ever taken a break from work to go on vacation or EVER played a game of golf on the weekend?

I guess if the cowboys don't go 19-0 you can blame it on him playing golf.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Tony Romo had 14 interceptions and 13 fumbles. By far the worst in the league. If his fumbles were used in the ratings calculation he would be rated as one of the worst starting QB's in the league.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:29 PM

Hard to perform when you have Jason Garret as your OC. Romo isn't the one coming up with the game plan that other teams are publicly laughing at and calling simple to figure out.

Never winning a playoff game is performing? Screwing up the Seattle playoff game is perfoming? Getting in bed with Jessica Simpson is performing? :D

Romo is a mediocre QB and always will be. He's the next level above QB bust.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Tony Romo chokes in big games.

TO is one of the best receivers to ever play the game.

Wade Phillips isn't a good coach

Emerson1
Tony Romo had 14 interceptions and 13 fumbles. By far the worst in the league. If his fumbles were used in the ratings calculation he would be rated as one of the worst starting QB's in the league.
Brett Favre had 22 interceptions and 10 fumbles. Brett Favre also wasn't playing with a sling on his pinky because his o-line failed him constantly.

DDBooger
we need Keith in this conversation

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Yes, because even if you are playing football, you get tired and burnt out from it. I guess you have never ever taken a break from work to go on vacation or EVER played a game of golf on the weekend?

I guess if the cowboys don't go 19-0 you can blame it on him playing golf.

Dude how long is the off season? Does he need a 8 month vacation every year. 2 weeks tops for me and I am going crazy to get back to doing something beside bangin hollywood starlets in Cancun THE WEEK BEFORE A PLAYOFF GAME!

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Brett Favre had 22 interceptions and 10 fumbles. Brett Favre also wasn't playing with a sling on his pinky because his o-line failed him constantly. Tony romo held the ball way to long at times. Brett Favre is also 40 years old

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Dude how long is the off season? Does he need a 8 month vacation every year. 2 weeks tops for me and I am going crazy to get back to doing something beside bangin hollywood starlets in Cancun THE WEEK BEFORE A PLAYOFF GAME!
Who said he took an 8 month vacation?

You just got your panties in a wad over him playing in a golf tournament for a couple of days.

I don't see how taking a 2 hour flight to Mexico and relaxing with his teammates is different then taking a flight up to Wisconsin and being bombarded by family and friends.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

Yea where is that douchebag?:D

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
If the team was so talented then why did they go 1-2 and only score 14ppg in the games Romo was injured?

Even the most talented team can't overcome a lame QB like Johnson was. (Or Romo at times)

Pick6
07-29-2009, 03:40 PM

This convo is already dumb enough

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
This convo is already dumb enough hahahaha but it's entertaining

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 03:42 PM
In the month of December Tony Romo is 5-8 as a starter. In the last game of the season versus the Eagles for a playoff game Romo had 183 passing yards with 0 touchdowns and 1 interception. He also had 2 fumbles lost.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Brett Favre had 22 interceptions and 10 fumbles. Brett Favre also wasn't playing with a sling on his pinky because his o-line failed him constantly.

Ok I stand corrected. One 40 year old has been performed worse than Romo did on a pretty bad team. I apolizize....

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Perhaps that is all Romo can execute? I don't know for sure. Do you?
I am not sure how you can blame Romo for Jason Garret only running the ball 8 times with Barber (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29586&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2008&seasonType=REG&week=4) and 0 with his most explosive player Felix Jones.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Who said he took an 8 month vacation?

You just got your panties in a wad over him playing in a golf tournament for a couple of days.

I don't see how taking a 2 hour flight to Mexico and relaxing with his teammates is different then taking a flight up to Wisconsin and being bombarded by family and friends.

LOL, now I figured out why you dont like Colin Cowherd. Cause he rips on Romo. I've been a Cowboy fan my entire life. Back when Roger Staubach was playing so when someone rips on the Cowboys I tend to listen. When they speak the truth its hard to dispute it.
There is guy in Corpus named Scott Howe who always rips the Cowboys but his big thing he likes to rip on the boys about is fairweather fans. This guys was so ignorant one day he said ON AIR the Cowboys fans were fairweather because, at the moment, he was doing a live radio show in a bar and grill in Corpus and there were no fans in the bar with a Cowboys shirt on. Now that is ignorant. Colin Cowherd calls it likes he sees it and I agree with him.

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Ok I stand corrected. One 40 year old has been performed worse than Romo did on a pretty bad team. I apolizize....
Big Ben had 15 ints and 14 fumbles.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Big Ben had 15 ints and 14 fumbles. but big ben plays well in big games and in the post season. poor comparison

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:49 PM
I am not sure how you can blame Romo for Jason Garret only running the ball 8 times with Barber (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29586&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2008&seasonType=REG&week=4) and 0 with his most explosive player Felix Jones.

When did I blame Romo for that???? Seems to me if Garret only ran the ball 8 times then Romo had a ton of opportunity to make plays with his arm. How did he do?????

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:51 PM

Blaming Jason Garrett is fine but you gotta blame Romo to.
If Romo was in the film room/weight room from sun up to sun down, first one in--last to leave, you would have a point in blaming Garret.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 03:51 PM

Wrong. The steelers team had 14 fumbles. That includes all RB's and Receivers. Try again!

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:52 PM

Stats dont mean JACK when you got 2 rings.

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Wrong. The steelers team had 14 fumbles. That includes all RB's and Receivers. Try again!
http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/profile?id=ROE750381

Passing Rushing Fumbles
G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2008 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 16 281 469 59.9 3,301 7.0 17 15 46 284 80.1 34 101 3.0 2 14 7

try again son!

Electus Unus
Didn't Jason Garrett tell Tony Romo that he needs to get ass in shape?

DDBooger
Stats dont mean JACK when you got 2 rings. and the best defense year in and year out just about.

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Stats dont mean JACK when you got 2 rings.
Actually stats prove that the Cowboys really are not that good. The Steelers talent is capable of carrying an average QB who turns the ball over a lot to a Super Bowl. The Cowboys cannot apparently.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 03:55 PM
and the best defense year in and year out just about. I don't think the defense threw the game winning super bowl catch ;)

turbostud
07-29-2009, 03:56 PM
and the best defense year in and year out just about.

The Cowboys havent had a good D since Romo has been at the helm?

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I don't think the defense threw the game winning super bowl catch ;) but they certainly got them there

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
The Cowboys havent had a good D since Romo has been at the helm? lol are you gonna compare the Cowboys D to the Steelers D? remember you said stats don't mean a thing but the rings do. Even if the Cowboys were statitical leaders in any defensive category, they paled in big games when compared to Pitt

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Didn't Jason Garrett tell Tony Romo that he needs to get ass in shape?
No.

You need to stop watching TMZSPN

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 03:59 PM
but they certainly got them there big ben is pretty good in the 4th quarter and late in the season and playoffs

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 03:59 PM
The Cowboys havent had a good D since Romo has been at the helm?
No.

The media and fans other team over hype every player for Dallas just so it's easier to bash them come the end of the season. It's amazing how many people think Sam Hurd and Miles Austin are actually good.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:00 PM
lol are you gonna compare the Cowboys D to the Steelers D? remember you said stats don't mean a thing but the rings do. Even if the Cowboys were statitical leaders in any defensive category, they paled in big games when compared to Pitt

No I am not camparing the two D's. I am saying that the Cowboys D has had talented players to put the Cowboys in a postion to win games. Its just the QB doesnt have the work ethic in the offseason to take advantage of that talent deep in the season. December comes to mind.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 04:01 PM
No I am not camparing the two D's. I am saying that the Cowboys D has had talented players to put the Cowboys in a postion to win games. Its just the QB doesnt have the work ethic in the offseason to take advantage of that talent deep in the season. December comes to mind. He's too busy trying to qualify for a PGA tour event

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
No I am not camparing the two D's. I am saying that the Cowboys D has had talented players to put the Cowboys in a postion to win games. Its just the QB doesnt have the work ethic in the offseason to take advantage of that talent deep in the season. December comes to mind.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=281220006

D really helped out in this game. They didn't step up when Dallas had multiple players out with injury on offense.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
No I am not camparing the two D's. I am saying that the Cowboys D has had talented players to put the Cowboys in a postion to win games. Its just the QB doesnt have the work ethic in the offseason to take advantage of that talent deep in the season. December comes to mind. sorry man, Cowboys were constantly burned over the top, best db was injury prone and while they flowed to the ball pretty fast, it didn't take much to pop a long one on em.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:05 PM

D really helped out in this game. They didn't step up when Dallas had multiple players out with injury on offense.

Cowboys ranked 8th in Total Defense in 2008.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Cowboys ranked 8th in Total Defense in 2008. Romo was ranked up there in td passes...and you guys say that doesn't matter, but being ranked 8th in total defense does?

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 04:07 PM

D really helped out in this game. They didn't step up when Dallas had multiple players out with injury on offense. I see 2 interceptions by Romo...

JasperDog94
07-29-2009, 04:08 PM

D really helped out in this game. They didn't step up when Dallas had multiple players out with injury on offense. That's the exact game I was thinking of when I read that post.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:08 PM
sorry man, Cowboys were constantly burned over the top, best db was injury prone and while they flowed to the ball pretty fast, it didn't take much to pop a long one on em.

Cowboys ranked 5th in Passing Defense in 2008

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Romo was ranked up there in td passes...and you guys say that doesn't matter, but being ranked 8th in total defense does?

Oh but Big Ben throwing 15 int's and 14 fumbles does? The difference is Big Bens offseason.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh but Big Ben throwing 15 int's and 14 fumbles does? The difference is Big Bens offseason. and two rings....and playoff record

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
and two rings....and playoff record

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. :clap:

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh but Big Ben throwing 15 int's and 14 fumbles does? The difference is Big Bens offseason.
Big Ben rapes women in vegas and crashes his motorcycle.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Oh but Big Ben throwing 15 int's and 14 fumbles does? The difference is Big Bens offseason. wasn't my point. Big Ben's 1st Superbowl was ALL on the defense's shoulders. I think his stats for that game were dismal. But the 2nd time around he did do much better, even then, having a defense like that, as a QB you basically have to just NOT mess up like the Ravens Superbowl season.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:15 PM

LOL, Red Herring!!!!

Pick6
07-29-2009, 04:16 PM

What do you truly know about Ben R's off season? What do you truly know about Romo's off season? There's many reports of Romo and Williams working just about every day trying to get better with each other. Why is it so hard for alot of you to realize that the OL was Dallas's biggest problem last year?

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:17 PM
What do you truly know about Ben R's off season? What do you truly know about Romo's off season? There's many reports of Romo and Williams working just about every day trying to get better with each other. Why is it so hard for alot of you to realize that the OL was Dallas's biggest problem last year? because Colin Cowherd didn't tell them that :D

JasperDog94
07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
because Colin Cowherd didn't tell them that :D nice...

Emerson1
07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
What do you truly know about Ben R's off season? What do you truly know about Romo's off season? There's many reports of Romo and Williams working just about every day trying to get better with each other. Why is it so hard for alot of you to realize that the OL was Dallas's biggest problem last year?
Because ESPN told them so.

Pick6
07-29-2009, 04:19 PM

Vegas also? I just knew about the one in Reno :D

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Because ESPN told them so.

because Colin Cowherd didn't tell them that :D

Appeal to Pity!!!!!:D

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Appeal to Pity!!!!!:D or the reality of sheepish analysis made by Cow's herd :thinking:

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:25 PM
or the reality of sheepish analysis made by Cow's herd :thinking:

You mean an Argument from Analogy.;)

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:25 PM
I think Tom Brady is having sex with his model wife right now, slacker that's why they lost the Superbowl two years ago, stupid Gissele

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:27 PM
I think Tom Brady is having sex with his model wife right now, slacker that's why they lost the Superbowl two years ago, stupid Gissele

He's allowed to bang supermodels he's got 3 rings.:D

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:27 PM
You mean an Argument from Analogy.;) or an argument provided for you so you can advance it?

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:28 PM
He's allowed to bang supermodels he's got 3 rings.:D yeah but we all know the one he lost was because of her, no doubt. Moynihan must have been more understanding about his time with the boys and watching tapes. :D :p

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 04:32 PM
I heard he lost one of his rings in the process of banging gissele

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:32 PM
or an argument provided for you so you can advance it?

that would be a deductive argument that appeals to people.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
that would be a deductive argument that appeals to people. and Cowherd certainly succeeded in your case!

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
You know the funny thing is, I'm not even defending Romo, the whole team is a psychological mess. I despise cliches but in some senses they make sense. Attitude reflects leadership. From the top down the Cowboys are infected with mediocrity by nature of having a coach who is demasculated by an owner who must maintain FULL control.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
and Cowherd certainly succeeded in your case!

No, in Tony Romo's case.:D

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
No, in Tony Romo's case.:D opinions vary ;) some just fall in line.

turbostud
07-29-2009, 04:39 PM
You know the funny thing is, I'm not even defending Romo, the whole team is a psychological mess. I despise cliches but in some senses they make sense. Attitude reflects leadership. From the top down the Cowboys are infected with mediocrity by nature of having a coach who is demasculated by an owner who must maintain FULL control.

LOL, so you just argue for the sake of arguing? I was thinkin that right now while I was taking a leak. I thought, I bet he isnt even a Romo fan.

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Say Jerry finally wised up, (not likely) and agreed to bring in a GM. Who could come in and do so and would they have to gut the team?

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 04:41 PM
LOL, so you just argue for the sake of arguing? I was thinkin that right now while I was taking a leak. I thought I bet he isnt even a Romo fan. yeah haha and let me tell you why...I'm an Oakland Raider fan! haha my season is done before it starts and my only hope is for the demise of the senile old man running that ship. BUT, for the sake of karma I have to hope for his peaceful passing to ever see them win. :(
haha

MJMbrahmas10
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
why cant people just let nfl players live, they have lives too, their whole world doesnt revolve around makin all of us fans happy (i wish it did)....and romo is no where near a bust, i think some seem to forget that he was UNDRAFTED!!!and favre was a second rond pick

TheDOCTORdre
07-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Why is it so hard for alot of you to realize that the OL was Dallas's biggest problem last year?

Dallas's biggest problem last year was the loss of McBriar, whether people want to admit it or not, changed field position and put alot more pressure on the defense because they had to defend on a shorter field than with McBriar punting...ie defense has to work harded allows more points which leads to Dallas trailing and Garrett thinking he has to abandon the running game(the injury to Felix Jones didnt help this either) and leaves Romo to throw it up way more times than Romo should be and leads to more INTs and the when you are passing way more than you are running with a average offensive line, hell with a majority of offensive lines you are gonna give up more sacks/ have more pressure on Romo... The key to a Cowboys successful season is keeping McBriar injury free which will change the field position dynamic. You also gotta keep Felix healthy and make him your number 1 RB because IMO Barber shouldnt be a starter, he needs to go back to the role he had behind Julius Jones, when he put up thos impressive TDs(I would know i had him on my fantasy team hat year.) still wish we could upgrade our secondary some but I'll address that issue another time.

MJMbrahmas10
07-29-2009, 05:20 PM
agree......everyone looks at me crazy when i said barber was no good as a starter

TheDOCTORdre
07-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
agree......everyone looks at me crazy when i said barber was no good as a starter

ya same with me when i said that...and I've been saying that since the playoff game against the Giants a couple years ago..I was at that game and I looked at my gf at the time and said why the hell are we starting Barber (sad side note: she didnt know who Barber was needless to say I am not with her anymore lol)

JasperDog94
07-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Don't forget the injury to Felix Jones. He was splitting time with Barber and had some incredible runs for huge gains. When he went down it put the full load on Barber...then he got hurt.

No running game = too much pressure on the QB.

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 05:55 PM
With the best receiver in history on their team (T.O.) LMAO. That might be the most moronic thing I've ever heard.

Stick to politics. :hand: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Pick6
07-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
LMAO. That might be the most moronic thing I've ever heard.

I guess you don't proof read your post :)

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
I guess you don't proof read your post :) I should have said "read" instead of "heard"?

Or was that your attempt at saying my posts are moronic in general?

Either way, I don't really care. I don't feel like fixing the above post and you're entitled to your opinion. :)

ronwx5x
07-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, at least the arguments are about football!:)

DDBooger
07-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm really anxious to see Felix Jones unleashed this year

zebrablue2
07-29-2009, 07:46 PM

ROFL

Diocletian
07-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Remember this thread....

When the Boys' changed attitudes and player lineups cause them to be fighting for the NFC title and going to the Super Bowl this season....

I like the fact, that players, coaches, and the owner is coming out and telling everyone how and what they will be doing to alter the past mistakes. This will build confidence and character.

1000 Thumbs down to the original poster.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Remember this thread....

When the Boys' changed attitudes and player lineups cause them to be fighting for the NFC title and going to the Super Bowl this season....

I like the fact, that players, coaches, and the owner is coming out and telling everyone how and what they will be doing to alter the past mistakes. This will build confidence and character.

1000 Thumbs down to the original poster.

I want the same thing! I am a bigger cowboy fan than you will ever be. I'm just not a blind homer. I think I know what it will take to get them there and what I see from Romo and Wade Philips doesn't give much hope.
As far as players, coaches and owner telling us what they will do to change past mistakes..... welcome to the past several years. They do that every single preseason but never make the needed changes. But I will keep my fingers crossed.

SintonFan
07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
yeah haha and let me tell you why...I'm an Oakland Raider fan! haha my season is done before it starts and my only hope is for the demise of the senile old man running that ship. BUT, for the sake of karma I have to hope for his peaceful passing to ever see them win. :(
haha
karma lol
Do you dream in Kevorkian?:eek: :p

SintonFan
07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
I want the same thing! I am a bigger cowboy fan than you will ever be. I'm just not a blind homer. I think I know what it will take to get them there and what I see from Romo and Wade Philips doesn't give much hope.
As far as players, coaches and owner telling us what they will do to change past mistakes..... welcome to the past several years. They do that every single preseason but never make the needed changes. But I will keep my fingers crossed.
It is good to be an optimist sometimes. Especially just before the season starts.:cool:

Farmersfan
07-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It is good to be an optimist sometimes. Especially just before the season starts.:cool:

I was very optimistic the first 10 years of this underacheiving streak. How long is long enough? :( :(

SintonFan
07-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I was very optimistic the first 10 years of this underacheiving streak. How long is long enough? :( :(
Maybe...
just maybe...
this will be the year?:)

waterboy
07-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm just ready for some football! I don't care what happened last year! This is a new beginning as far as I'm concerned. I think the biggest single factor in the Cowboys' demise last year was INJURIES. If the Cowboys can avoid injuries, and fill in the vacated holes with quality players, I think they can at least compete for a division title. If the Cowboys don't make the playoffs this year, look for some wholesale changes next year. Coach Phillips will be demoted to DC, or fired altogether if they don't perform this year, JMO.

DDBooger
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
training camp news (Romo) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cowboyscamp072909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Pick6
07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
training camp news (Romo) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cowboyscamp072909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

“Can we get Drew Bledsoe(notes) back out here [for] just a week so you guys can really fall back in love with Tony?” asked Irvin, a man with the gift of both Hall of Fame grab and gab. “Let’s put Drew Bledsoe back out here, because sometimes when you have a pretty girl for awhile, you forget how pretty she is. But when you throw the ugly girl next to her, you say, ‘No, I’m really doing well.’ Maybe we need to bring Drew out so we know we’re really doing well.”

Not that's funny:clap: :clap:

turbostud
07-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Just saw that on yahoo. This reminds of that Judas Priest song from the 80's "some heads are gonna roll". If Romo and Phillips and co. dont get the ship turned in the right direction, its going to get ugly in Dallas.
Not sure what he is toing to be on the depth chart but I would love to see McGee get a shot.

turbostud
07-30-2009, 02:23 PM

Colin Cowherd should have fun with this article tomorrow.

Pick6
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Not sure what he is toing to be on the depth chart but I would love to see McGee get a shot.

He's somewhere between 3rd string and practice squad. Most likely 3rd and unless there's an injury, he'll be inactive every game.

Farmersfan
07-30-2009, 03:01 PM
“Tony is 27-12 over his first 39 games."

Now for the "REST OF THE STORY":

Tony is 14-9 since the 13-3 start under Parcels. (and since signing his new contract)
Tony is 0-2 in the playoffs.
Tony's QB rating has declined since his rookie season.
Tony's completion percentage has declined every season.
Tony got a huge contract because of his ability to run out of trouble. He earned that contract to the tune of 41 total yards and 20 sacks in just 13 games last season.
Tony threw 81 TD's in 3 years and was personally responsible for 78 turnovers.......

And the clincher:

"If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life."

But I am positive! Go Cowboys...............

Bull Butter
07-30-2009, 03:03 PM
What's his record since nailing Jessica SImpson?

Farmersfan
07-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
What's his record since nailing Jessica SImpson?

I hear he couldn't get it done. He tried to force it but couldn't overcome her defense. His "bottom heavy" status prevented him from sneaking up the middle and completing his objective. He once got really close but lost focus and stumbled during his forward momentum and headed for the wrong endzone. Well we all know what happens when that occurs!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Pick6
07-30-2009, 03:21 PM
News Flash: Farmersfan knows more about football than all the professionals, including Michael Irvin. Makes me wonder why Farmersfan isn't a Professional Coach or GM some where.

Farmersfan
07-30-2009, 03:24 PM
News Flash: Farmersfan knows more about football than all the professionals, including Michael Irvin. Makes me wonder why Farmersfan isn't a Professional Coach or GM some where.

Thanks Pick6! They made offers but I turned them down. It wouldn't be fair to give all this knowledge to just one team........

Pick6
07-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks Pick6! They made offers but I turned them down. It wouldn't be fair to give all this knowledge to just one team........

No, thank you JJ JR

DaHop72
07-31-2009, 01:49 PM
You lost all credibility when you called TO the best receiver in history. Please just ask the admin to delete your account so you can never try and talk sports again. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
07-31-2009, 01:51 PM
This is a dumber statement then the original post. Cowherd will go on 10 minute rants about Romo playing in a golf tournament and thinks he should be in the film room from 8-5 every day during the off season. He is a bigger tool then Skip Bayless. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: