PDA

View Full Version : Celina/Daingerfield

Gsquared
07-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Are they playing in Dfield or Royse City?

CelinaCatFan
07-29-2009, 08:24 AM
They are playing in Daingerfeld. If you want a seat, you will probably need to show up on Thursday night with a sleeping bag. It should be a great one!

Matthew328
07-29-2009, 08:34 AM
yeah Daingerfield's stadium is rather cozy

Gsquared
07-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
They are playing in Daingerfeld. If you want a seat, you will probably need to show up on Thursday night with a sleeping bag. It should be a great one!
Yeah, know that drill, had to stand at many of Dfield home games

bevodidit
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Celina's stadium ain't too roomy either. Maybe if they continue the match up beyond this season, they can do it at Royse City.

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2009, 09:52 AM
I think that was the plan but that hurricane came thru and they moved it from sat to friday nite at Celina.

WildTexan972
07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Celina's stadium has plenty of room....on the home side....and we don't let drifters wander over from the other side...

we got a great field surface and dressing area however....what more could ya want?

orange machine
07-29-2009, 04:07 PM
This game needs to be on tv. This is the game of the year.

Pick6
07-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
This game needs to be on tv. This is the game of the year.

:rolleyes:

BobcatBenny
07-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I am not even sure I am going to attend this game ... long drive ... just to watch coach Ford and the boys ... finally ... tear the hearts out of the Daingerfield faithful. ;)

Eagle1
07-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I have heard alot about this game. I have not heard much about the Gilmer vs Daingerfield game though. Seems like this will be a good one also. Which would be the best to go see?

orange machine
07-29-2009, 05:15 PM
both would be good games. big difference in the way celina and gilmer play. gilmer spread team where celina is a running team.

BobcatBenny
07-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
I have heard alot about this game. I have not heard much about the Gilmer vs Daingerfield game though. Seems like this will be a good one also. Which would be the best to go see?
Go to the Gilmer game.

You can always catch Celina in the championship game. :)

orange machine
07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Go to the Gilmer game.

You can always catch Celina in the championship game. :) :doh:

Eagle1
07-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I guess you are right Celina's region does not look too strong this year? I would bet that Daingerfield even though they are 2A would be a tougher opponent than any one Celina will face in the first four rounds of the playoffs this year. I guess if I could I would catch the Gilmer vs Daingerfield game because Celina will be guaranteed to play at least four rounds.

BobcatBenny
07-29-2009, 10:17 PM
...I guess if I could I would catch the Gilmer vs Daingerfield game because Celina will be guaranteed to play at least four rounds.
Four rounds is a good start. :)

bevodidit
07-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I am not even sure I am going to attend this game ... long drive ... just to watch coach Ford and the boys ... finally ... tear the hearts out of the Daingerfield faithful. ;)

A loss to Celina won't tear the hearts out of any DF fans. They'll just keep goin. Like Celina does when they drop a game.

BILLYFRED0000
07-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I guess you are right Celina's region does not look too strong this year? I would bet that Daingerfield even though they are 2A would be a tougher opponent than any one Celina will face in the first four rounds of the playoffs this year. I guess if I could I would catch the Gilmer vs Daingerfield game because Celina will be guaranteed to play at least four rounds.

Well it does stand to reason since we have been to the title game 4 years in a row with two wins. But it is not because we have a weak region that we got to the title game. Now if you want to say that region one was weak too you would be putting liberty hill in that bucket and I would disagree. And since we did beat LH last year in the semis 40 12 then maybe we just are stronger than our region and our region with us out aint that bad.

lostaussie
07-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well it does stand to reason since we have been to the title game 4 years in a row with two wins. But it is not because we have a weak region that we got to the title game. Now if you want to say that region one was weak too you would be putting liberty hill in that bucket and I would disagree. And since we did beat LH last year in the semis 40 12 then maybe we just are stronger than our region and our region with us out aint that bad. hopefully buisness will be picking up in your region next year:)

BILLYFRED0000
07-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Well even if it did and it would be ok with me, who knows what tomorrow may bring. We could be on the way down or Gilmer could or who knows. Whatever happens is down the road although I am curious to see what the UIL does with realignment this year. IMHO it is time to really set small large division districts
in each classification. It will cause a few travel issues but it won't be any worse than it already is. For example San Angelo Lakeview has district games in Lubbock Texas now. Not good if you ask me.

lostaussie
07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Well even if it did and it would be ok with me, who knows what tomorrow may bring. We could be on the way down Celina on the way down:hand: it won't ever happen:D

waterboy
07-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Celina on the way down:hand: it won't ever happen:D
I don't see either team on their way "down" in the near future. I just hope we get to play Celina THIS year, because that would mean we made it to the finals, but unless Chapel Hill makes the playoffs, there's no chance we'll even meet them this year. I just hope we can live up to expectation THIS year. I don't care who we play.;)

lulu
07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I don't see either team on their way "down" in the near future. I just hope we get to play Celina THIS year, because that would mean we made it to the finals, but unless Chapel Hill makes the playoffs, there's no chance we'll even meet them this year. I just hope we can live up to expectation THIS year. I don't care who we play.;)

Waterboy...you guys are headed to the TOP this year. I know that puts a target on your back but being in your district I believe it is Gilmers year. I would like to think we can hang but we just don't have the physical size nor the number of kids. We have good talent but not the size and numbers to compete with schools that have enough kids to comit to one sport most of the time. We have a 2 mile radius school didtrict that borders yours and yours covers the rest of the world. lol. From Diana to Harmony to Big Sandy to who can remember??????????

Good luck and you know
I will be pulling for you guys .....except when you come to visit us. I think it's your turn to come South this year.

icu812
07-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Well it does stand to reason since we have been to the title game 4 years in a row with two wins. But it is not because we have a weak region that we got to the title game. Now if you want to say that region one was weak too you would be putting liberty hill in that bucket and I would disagree. And since we did beat LH last year in the semis 40 12 then maybe we just are stronger than our region and our region with us out aint that bad.

I see a Celina vs. Van matchup this year being a real possibility. We know Celina will be there. I think Wills Point sneaks into a playoff spot in 14-3A and Van goes D2. Van lost to Prosper 21-7 in 3rd Rd. last year and I believe we will be improved from last year. I don't believe Van and Celina have ever played so I'm hoping for this match up.

BILLYFRED0000
07-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I see a Celina vs. Van matchup this year being a real possibility. We know Celina will be there. I think Wills Point sneaks into a playoff spot in 14-3A and Van goes D2. Van lost to Prosper 21-7 in 3rd Rd. last year and I believe we will be improved from last year. I don't believe Van and Celina have ever played so I'm hoping for this match up.

Will van make d2 is the kicker. Prosper will be tough this year but with nix gone probably not as good as last year. If the van Celina mathup happens that will be fun. Do you know if Brownsboro is going to be any good this year?

icu812
07-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Will van make d2 is the kicker. Prosper will be tough this year but with nix gone probably not as good as last year. If the van Celina mathup happens that will be fun. Do you know if Brownsboro is going to be any good this year?

I really think D1 is the easier road for the Vandals. Brownsboro is Reg.III and most likely a playoff team but they are not anywhere near the level they were when Celina played them a couple years ago. That was a good Brownsboro team.

Here is some interesting rankings:

http://huddleuptexas.com/HighSchool/Rankings/2009/Preseason/3A-Top25.htm