PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa

wildstangs
10-26-2003, 04:30 PM
Wow, did their fans forget they had a game Friday night? I bet there wasn't 50 people in their stands. I know its been a rough year for the Tors and the trip is 2 hours, but I expected better than that.

mustang04
10-26-2003, 09:05 PM
yeah i know...when we came onto the field, i looked at their side and was thinkin maybe they were all just late, but nobody ever showed..just like 30 of them

Stangster
10-27-2003, 09:02 AM
I believe the band outnumbered the fans. It was a sad showing on the part of Lamesa (most of the parents didn't show). Speaking of the band, they did an awesome job. Maybe the best thing Lamesa has going for them.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2003, 09:22 AM
That is so sad!!

Wildstangs....who is the guy that used to post from Lamesa. Wasn't it torfan or tors2000, or something like that??

Have you heard from him at all this year??

Ranger Mom
10-27-2003, 09:23 AM
Oops...double post!

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

Da Mules
10-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Man, the wheels didn't just fall off in Lamesa; the axles came off with them. But it's sad to see a large 3A school show up with about 30 fans. Dimmitt had at least 300 fans here in Muleshoe last week, and they're nowhere the size of Lamesa, and they haven't had the football success that Lamesa recently enjoyed..
Lamesa was a perennial loser in 4A. Then they happened to have a fine squad (which we all know would have been fairly competitive in 4A) the first few years in 3A. Former coach Tim James moved to Post this year... some "Lamesaites" (is that a word?) I know said it had to do with too much "political" and rich daddy interference with the program.
Haven't heard from Tors2K since early summer.. I can understand; it's not as much fun writing about your team when they're kind of on the skids.

Loboes14
10-28-2003, 10:43 PM
The real sad thing is that they beat us. They beat us on a play that should not have happend and they beat us 7-0. But #12 for us was not on top of his game but they didn't score on him. But they pissed us off and we have not be beaten since. So in a way thanks.