PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre remains retired:

crzyjournalist03
07-28-2009, 04:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4362093

And in other "news", Barbaro remains dead.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-28-2009, 04:35 PM
YAY!!

crzyjournalist03
07-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Let the Vick-to-the-Vikings rumors begin!

zebrablue2
07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4362093

And in other "news", Barbaro remains dead.

smart move by favre!!

Bull Butter
07-28-2009, 06:21 PM
By tomorrow he will have changed his mind

Diocletian
07-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Give it up for the man who tried to give Football every ounce he had.

We all would have loved to see him even at 70% with the Vikings, they would have been NFC favorites.

Give him a year off, hopefuly he comes back next year.

eagleqb_14
07-28-2009, 07:52 PM
farve had a good career:clap:

PHS Wildcats
07-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Let the Vick-to-the-Vikings rumors begin!

Why they already have that in Jackson

Passer Rating: Vick 75.7, Jackson 76.5
Rushing YPC: Vick 7.3 Jackson 5.1
Comp %: Vick 53.8, Jackson 58.4

Farmersfan
07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Brett needs to let a great career die already. Geez! He has been baiting the Vikings into giving him a guaranteed contract instead of incentives and probably still is. The man is 100 years old. Move on please!

mustang04
07-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Brett needs to let a great career die already. Geez! He has been baiting the Vikings into giving him a guaranteed contract instead of incentives and probably still is. The man is 100 years old. Move on please!

well maybe he doesn't want to throw in the towel just yet....oh wait I forgot...all of US as FANS know what's better for the players more than themselves:rolleyes: :doh:

Ranger Mom
07-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
well maybe he doesn't want to throw in the towel just yet....oh wait I forgot...all of US as FANS know what's better for the players more than themselves:rolleyes: :doh:

That's fine Reg....but he needs to quit doing every year and then "coming back"...it's getting old, IMO!!

If he wants to play, then play!!

Farmersfan
07-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

In my opinion his year in and year out nonsense is only adding a * to his career. He can play until he can't anymore for all I care. But he needs to just do it and stop all this drama. He is worse than most women in the world. He seems to have a strong need to be wooed and pursued and gets pissy if it doesn't happen. The older he gets the less wooing goes on and he can't deal with it. JMHO

Pmoney
07-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
In my opinion his year in and year out nonsense is only adding a * to his career. He can play until he can't anymore for all I care. But he needs to just do it and stop all this drama. He is worse than most women in the world. He seems to have a strong need to be wooed and pursued and gets pissy if it doesn't happen. The older he gets the less wooing goes on and he can't deal with it. JMHO

don't say he is putting an * to his career just because he can't make up his mind to continue to play...an * is there for someone who cheated; Farve never cheated...Now with that said I agree he does need to stop this charade but their is another culprit in this ordeal: the media, if they wouldn't hang on to every word he said, we wouldn't have to hear about Farve everyday in the news

TexasHSFB
07-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Why they already have that in Jackson

Passer Rating: Vick 75.7, Jackson 76.5
Rushing YPC: Vick 7.3 Jackson 5.1
Comp %: Vick 53.8, Jackson 58.4 TD/INT ratio?

Noone in their right mind would compare Jackson and Vick. Post total yardage please.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
don't say he is putting an * to his career just because he can't make up his mind to continue to play...an * is there for someone who cheated; Farve never cheated...Now with that said I agree he does need to stop this charade but their is another culprit in this ordeal: the media, if they wouldn't hang on to every word he said, we wouldn't have to hear about Farve everyday in the news

I don't believe they ACTUALLY put a * on players stats. (even for cheating). It's just a saying that means people will always say " Yea but" when they talk about his career. Almost everyone that follows football now looks at Favre as a premadonna who thinks he is significant enough to keep entire organizations hanging on to his every word. He has done this about 4 straight off seasons and it has tainted his career in the eye of the public. I use to think he was a great guy that was humble and down to earth but the last several years has shown that he is arrogant and selfish. I just hate that the Vikings have not come out before this and said Favre isn't worth it and moved on. That might show the man he isn't a football god like he thinks. Of course this is just my opinion.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Thank God...maybe the media will shut up about his interception throwing ass.

Diocletian
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
The more you tell great player to give up, the more they will try not to. It's exactly what is taught at every level of play. You can't possibly have anything to say negative about his efforts to keep playing.

His legend will live on strong for the next few seasons. He will go down a fighter and not a quitter.

Farmersfan
07-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
The more you tell great player to give up, the more they will try not to. It's exactly what is taught at every level of play. You can't possibly have anything to say negative about his efforts to keep playing.

His legend will live on strong for the next few seasons. He will go down a fighter and not a quitter.

That's just the problem. He isn't giving up nor is he trying to play. He's keeping the whole world in suspense. You can choose to believe it's because he is trying to determine if he can play but I feel he is just playing the Vikings to force a guaranteed contract just like he did the Packers for three straight years and then the Jets. And his legend has already taken a huge hit from this crap.

Electus Unus
07-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

His legend will live on strong for the next few seasons. He will go down a fighter and not a quitter. If he had done this only one year then it wouldn't be a big deal but he's done it 3 seasons in a row and in my opinion this has tarnished his legacy.

KONGZILLA
07-31-2009, 07:24 PM
MAYBE THEY WILL HIRE HIM TO REPLACE MADDEN, BE A HELLUVA OF A MOVE.........HE MAKE TWICE THE MONEY HE WOULD SIDE ARM SLING'NG THE TATOR