PDA

View Full Version : The Ugly Truth

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Watched it last night. Probably one of my favorite movies now.

pirate4state
07-28-2009, 09:53 AM
yep, it was awesome

BreckTxLonghorn
07-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I was very hesitant to watch this, but any movie that use Flo-rida in the trailer will most likely be one of my favorites...so yeah, I'll be spending the 8 bucks. But they better play some Flo-rida.

pirate4state
07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I was very hesitant to watch this, but any movie that use Flo-rida in the trailer will most likely be one of my favorites...so yeah, I'll be spending the 8 bucks. But they better play some Flo-rida.

I think you will like it. Just based on the movies I know you already like. Trust me. :)

Emerson1
07-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Someone was trying to get me to see this. Getting horrendous reviews, might have to try it now.

TheDOCTORdre
07-28-2009, 10:38 AM
i went and watched it last night and it was really good...its a love story mixed in with a bunch of guy humor...or is it a bunch of guy humor mixed with a love story?...either way its a great date movie

Ranger Mom
07-28-2009, 10:56 AM
I was gonna see it last week, but was hoping it was the "late" show....no such luck, it was The Ugly Truth followed by Transformers II...which I had already seen.

So....maybe this weekend.

I love the drive-in....they went up on their prices to $6 a person this year....but still definitely worth it for a double feature.

Emerson1
07-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was gonna see it last week, but was hoping it was the "late" show....no such luck, it was The Ugly Truth followed by Transformers II...which I had already seen.

So....maybe this weekend.

I love the drive-in....they went up on their prices to $6 a person this year....but still definitely worth it for a double feature.
You do know it's 2009 and a lot of theaters charge $10+ for just one showing. Quit complaining :)

Sweetwater Red
07-28-2009, 11:14 AM
I wish Sweetwater's nearest movie theater wasn't
45 miles away in Abilene.

BuffyMars
07-28-2009, 11:35 AM
:thinking: i thought it was just a dumb love story. good to know...piqued my interest a little bit more.

44INAROW
07-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
:thinking: i thought it was just a dumb love story. good to know...piqued my interest a little bit more.
I have no idea what's it's about... anyone wanna enlighten me?

pirate4state
07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I have no idea what's it's about... anyone wanna enlighten me? it's about The Ugly Truth :D haha

44INAROW
07-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
it's about The Ugly Truth :D haha

:taunt: :smoker: :tongue: :tongue: :p

pirate4state
07-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:taunt: :smoker: :tongue: :tongue: :p

from a viewer review on imdb.com

"Do you want to know the ugly truth about The Ugly Truth? Well, besides being obvious and banal cinematically, it made me laugh … a lot actually. Romantic comedies usually have one thing going for them and that is predictability. While this one has it in spades, what surprised me was how crude and crass the humor ended up being. And that's a very good thing because those instances brought on the biggest laughs of them all."

:)

BuffyMars
07-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
from a viewer review on imdb.com

"Do you want to know the ugly truth about The Ugly Truth? Well, besides being obvious and banal cinematically, it made me laugh … a lot actually. Romantic comedies usually have one thing going for them and that is predictability. While this one has it in spades, what surprised me was how crude and crass the humor ended up being. And that's a very good thing because those instances brought on the biggest laughs of them all."

:)

ok. i'll watch it on dvd or vod then. ;)

Lion_Addict
07-28-2009, 12:18 PM
It was a very good movie....funny stuff :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
07-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
It was a very good movie....funny stuff :thumbsup:

Where have you been?:thinking:

Lion_Addict
07-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Where have you been?:thinking:

Around....... ;) :D

Sweetwater Red
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Around....... ;) :D

Yeah, that's what I've heard.:eek: :D

Lion_Addict
07-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yeah, that's what I've heard.:eek: :D

Awwww, now now...... :tisk: . You can't go believin everything RM & P4S tell ya :p

How's ya'lls Lil Ponies lookin?? :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Awwww, now now...... :tisk: . You can't go believin everything RM & P4S tell ya :p

How's ya'lls Lil Ponies lookin?? :thinking:

Uh-oh!:doh:

Looking fine. But we better not hi-jack this thread. I hear BBDE
is one tough hombre.:eek:

Emerson1
08-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Tried to hard to be perverted funny movie that you see a lot recently. Some funny lines, but it's meh at best and you see every small line or big plot coming.

I mean, how original is it to make a joke about a pussycat?

Sweetwater Red
08-01-2009, 01:41 AM
Haha. Did you watch PTI today. They
were talking about Urlacher calling Cutler a
pussy-cat.

pirate4state
08-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Tried to hard to be perverted funny movie that you see a lot recently. Some funny lines, but it's meh at best and you see every small line or big plot coming.

I mean, how original is it to make a joke about a pussycat? You are about as predictable as these type of movies!

Ranger Mom
08-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You do know it's 2009 and a lot of theaters charge $10+ for just one showing. Quit complaining :)

I wasn't complaining..right the opposite actually. Even though they raised their price to $6 this year...it is still a great price, especially for 2 movies.

'84 Stang
08-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Okay....So I took my two daughters and niece to the movies last night and they wanted to see Harry Potter and I opted for The Ugly Truth....It was really good!!! Now if you are young and have only been in one or two relationships it might not be for you. BUT i'm 43 - Divorced and been single now for 8 years and I L'dMAO!!!!
Meanwhile all these "cool" teen-agers and 20 somethings were just sitting there.....Lots of lines were going right over their heads!!!! I'm thinking it is a great date movie for older married couples and older singles. Plus - Katherine Heigl ( IMHO ) is the most beautiful woman in the world!!! BTW - snyder, wylie & brownwood suck!!!

ivchris
08-01-2009, 03:23 PM
My bad. I saw "The Ugly Truth" and thought this might be another inbred, Brownwood thread. :D

STANG RED
08-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Saw The Ugly Truth tonight. Great movie! laughed my butt off.

But not appropriate for the younguns for sure.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by '84 Stang
Okay....So I took my two daughters and niece to the movies last night and they wanted to see Harry Potter and I opted for The Ugly Truth....It was really good!!! Now if you are young and have only been in one or two relationships it might not be for you. BUT i'm 43 - Divorced and been single now for 8 years and I L'dMAO!!!!
Meanwhile all these "cool" teen-agers and 20 somethings were just sitting there.....Lots of lines were going right over their heads!!!! I'm thinking it is a great date movie for older married couples and older singles. Plus - Katherine Heigl ( IMHO ) is the most beautiful woman in the world!!! BTW - snyder, wylie & brownwood suck!!!

A 20 something started this thread, actually. I thought it was very funny, and multiple people have told me that I remind them of Gerard Butler's character in the movie.