PDA

View Full Version : What a week and a half!

Highschoolfan78
07-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I had the luxury of playing music in a little folk/indie act (The Loveletter) all over Texas. We left on the 17th and I returned early this morning. While we went all over Texas, I discovered some of my favorite parts of Texas and my least favorites. We played very cool venues around the state. Some shows were slow due to being college towns.

July 17th International Folk Center at Our Lady Lake University in San Antonio. (Saw the Alamo and downtown)

July 18th La Tazza Fresca Austin (went to the drafthouse and roamed the infamous 6th street)

Saw Enchanted Rock on the way to San Angelo and hiked a while.

July 19th San Angelo hardback Cafe (stayed on Lake Nasworthy)

July 20th Lubbock - Saw the Buddy Holly Museum and a WWII Flighter Museum.

July 21st- Lubbock

July 22nd- Houston (played at Super Happy Fun Land close to downtown)

Visited Old Sparky and Sam Houston in Huntsville

July 23rd- Stafford Main Street- Bryan/College Station

Visited the Shiner Brewery on the way

July 24th- Hometown of Cuero at the Courtyard Gallery

July 25th- The Tarpon Ice House- Port Aransas (Fun show with many of the locals!)

July 26th- Revolution Corpus Christi

Needless to say, it was a great adventure. The main thing it made me realize was that Texas truly does have the coolest things to see. We totally had to pass on a great deal of places to see due to time constraints. Is there anything major that we missed along our journey?

carter08
07-27-2009, 10:56 PM
i love Super Happy Fun Land.

if you want to play a show down around lake jackson next year, please let me know. i'm going to be setting shows up there on a monthly basis starting in january.

myspace.com/mlptx

Highschoolfan78
07-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by carter08
i love Super Happy Fun Land.

if you want to play a show down around lake jackson next year, please let me know. i'm going to be setting shows up there on a monthly basis starting in january.

myspace.com/mlptx

Cool, I'll add you to the band page. Thanks.