PDA

View Full Version : Do you have health inurance

Electus Unus
07-27-2009, 12:09 PM
just a poll....no comments please

Ranger Mom
07-27-2009, 01:08 PM
I have to ask a question before I can answer.

Does this mean do you have it personally, or does it count if you are covered under a spouse's insurance??

IrishTex
07-27-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm very thankful to have health insurance.

1 heart attack +
2 stents +
1 Angioplasty surgery=

100K.

I don't have that kind of money just laying around.
It does make me wonder what happens after retirement.

jason
07-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
I'm very thankful to have health insurance.

1 heart attack +
2 stents +
1 Angioplasty surgery=

100K.

I don't have that kind of money just laying around.
It does make me wonder what happens after retirement. wow - if it were up to obama you would have got a few advil's.....

Ranger Mom
07-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Since Casey hasn't answered my question, I am going to comment!!

I don't have insurance with the company I work for. I don't have any kind of retirement benefits either. That was a choice I made when I started working here.

My husband has great insurance and a great 401K plan. Maybe I am taking a chance by not finding a different job that offers those things. But when they left me off summers since the cost of daycare for 5 kids would eat up my paycheck, when they let me off for each and every event my children participated in, when they paid my salary the whole time I was out with my hysterectomy...(and I have no sick leave)...they gained my loyalty and my respect.

Electus Unus
07-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Just health insurance in general. My dad is self employed and he just can't afford health care which is not good for his type of work.

GUNHO
07-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Yes I have it.My company pays for mine,but I have to pay through the nose for my wife.It used to go up every year about $15.The last 3 yrs. it has jumped to $35 or $40 a year.I don't work for a large company and it worries me that the day will come when they will not offer Ins. because of the cost.

Pick6
07-27-2009, 02:12 PM
My company offers health care for me and my family. It cost to much for me to put my wife and kids on it. I have insurance here, my wife has insurance where she works and we shopped around to find affordable insurance for our children. You don't have to have a job go get insurance.

Ranger Mom
07-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
My company offers health care for me and my family. It cost to much for me to put my wife and kids on it. I have insurance here, my wife has insurance where she works and we shopped around to find affordable insurance for our children. You don't have to have a job go get insurance.

I have never even checked into the price of "private insurance."

My husbands company pays for his, anyone else he has on there is $125 a month. It was $125 a month when all 5 kids were on it...and it is still $125 a month with just me on it.

I am assuming that is a pretty good deal!

Pick6
07-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Yes it is, can my kids call him daddy for a few years :D

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes and a nice 401K plan.

GUNHO
07-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I have never even checked into the price of "private insurance."

My husbands company pays for his, anyone else he has on there is $125 a month. It was $125 a month when all 5 kids were on it...and it is still $125 a month with just me on it.

Yes it is.The cost just for my wife is $775 a month.I have checked into private ins. but haven't found anything yet.

44INAROW
07-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Yes it is.The cost just for my wife is $775 a month.I have checked into private ins. but haven't found anything yet.

same boat here Gunho... Can't afford it BUT can't afford NOT TO HAVE IT - :doh: I won't get on my soapbox :p

Trashman
07-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I have insurance that my employer pays the premiums. To add my wife and children will cost an additional $535.00 per month with a 5% increase October 1. Fortunately my wife has insurance where she works, that covers her and the kids.

Footballhudini
07-27-2009, 03:54 PM
from a statistical standpoint, one must take into account that those able to vote on this poll are able to get online period. for those in poverty, wouldn't one's health come before computers/internet/phones with internet, thereby explaining the skew in your data?

crzyjournalist03
07-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
from a statistical standpoint, one must take into account that those able to vote on this poll are able to get online period. for those in poverty, wouldn't one's health come before computers/internet/phones with internet, thereby explaining the skew in your data?

If someone were looking for statistical data on the economy, I don't believe that a high school football message board would be the appropriate place to look.

Ranger Mom
07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If someone were looking for statistical data on the economy, I don't believe that a high school football message board would be the appropriate place to look.

I agree!!

:speech:

I don't see how the results can be "skewed"...it was a simple question, do you or don't you have insurance!!

BobcatBenny
07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
just a poll....no comments please
This is like a sorority girl saying, "I'm so drunk!"

Blastoderm55
07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes, employer-provided. I should use it one of these days. :thinking:

jason
07-27-2009, 04:56 PM
yes - employee provided at zero cost

Footballhudini
07-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I agree!!

:speech:

I don't see how the results can be "skewed"...it was a simple question, do you or don't you have insurance!!

are you suggesting that a person's income/revenue sources and whether or not one has any type of insurance are unrelated/independent of each other?

with respect to the general public, you can't possibly have any sort of confidence concerning the true accuracy/measure of this test, but i could see how the majority of posters on here would have health insurance. We can only thank god we're fortunate enough.

Ranger Mom
07-27-2009, 07:38 PM
are you suggesting that a person's income/revenue sources and whether or not one has any type of insurance are unrelated/independent of each other?

with respect to the general public, you can't possibly have any sort of confidence concerning the true accuracy/measure of this test, but i could see how the majority of posters on here would have health insurance. We can only thank god we're fortunate enough.

Where in the heck in what I said did you come up with that??

I simply said, he asked if we had insurance or not. I don't see how the results can be skewed...at this time 51 who answered have it 8 don't.

tex_male
07-27-2009, 08:35 PM
My wife and I have double coverage for ourselves and two children.

LH Panther Mom
07-27-2009, 09:38 PM
My husband carries all of us on his plan at work. Once I become eligible for an employer-offered plan, if I opt out, his premium for me goes up $500/month. :eek: :eek: :doh:

Footballhudini
07-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Where in the heck in what I said did you come up with that??

I simply said, he asked if we had insurance or not. I don't see how the results can be skewed...at this time 51 who answered have it 8 don't.

and all im saying is these results don't apply to the general public. anyone with a little intelligence could've guessed the inevitable outcome of such a poll on such a website.

Footballhudini
07-28-2009, 04:17 AM
results look like a typical cuero football score

Farmersfan
07-28-2009, 07:48 AM
I am 47 years old and have been married 25 years and raised 2 kids and I have NEVER been without insurance. At times it got very, very difficult but we had to make sacrifices. Boy! I wish Obama had offered to give me insurance for free about 20 years ago. I could have quit one of my jobs. (or maybe both)!!!! :D

Buckeye1980
07-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I have insurance with my job . Mine is paid , additional for wife and kids.. I also have a GREAT retirement . It is good to be a government employee!

Ranger Mom
07-28-2009, 01:38 PM
and all im saying is these results don't apply to the general public. anyone with a little intelligence could've guessed the inevitable outcome of such a poll on such a website.

I don't think he planned on publishing the results as the "standard"

UPanIN
07-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I am 47 years old and have been married 25 years and raised 2 kids and I have NEVER been without insurance. At times it got very, very difficult but we had to make sacrifices. Boy! I wish Obama had offered to give me insurance for free about 20 years ago. I could have quit one of my jobs. (or maybe both)!!!! :D

Obama health care will not be free.

Footballhudini
07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't think he planned on publishing the results as the "standard"

just wanted to make that fact clear. the 3adownlow world and the REAL world are two totally different places.

Pick6
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
just wanted to make that fact clear. the 3adownlow world and the REAL world are two totally different places.

:doh: