PDA

View Full Version : How do Decatur and Iowa Park Match Up

phoenix
11-18-2002, 11:26 PM
Has Iowa Park faced a good passing attack and has Decatur faced a good rushing team this year? It may be a very interesting game. I think if the weather is good Saturday, Decatur will win by two touchdowns.

Isa4031
11-19-2002, 12:38 AM
My prediction: If Decatur plays like they have been during the season and if Iowa Park lacks offensive production like it did during its district games:
Decatur 34; Iowa Park 14.

If Decatur keeps having problems with PAT's:
Decatur scores 32.

If Decatur plays like they did last week and due to the fact that Iowa Park's losses were to two good teams...I plead the fifth.

fury900
11-19-2002, 12:00 PM
DataPoll
Iowa Park
Aug30 at Mineral Wells W 16-13
Sep6 vs Burkburnett W 28-7
Sep13 at WichtaFalls Hirschi W 25-14 4ADivIIPlayoffs
Sep27 vs Denton Liberty W 37-14
Oct5 vs New Boston L 3-30 3A Div II Playoffs
Oct11 at Breckenridge W 29-12 5-3A
Oct18 at Childress W 9-7 5-3A
Oct25 vs Bowie W 14-6 5-3A
Nov1 at Vernon W 10-3 5-3A
Nov8 vs Graham L 11-26 5-3A 3A Div I Playoffs
Nov16 vs Comanche W 28-12 3A Div II Playoffs
Nov23 vs Decatur (-5.5) 3A Div II Playoffs

<small>[ November 19, 2002, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: fury900 ]</small>

phoenix
11-19-2002, 09:00 PM
Fury or anyone. Did any of the teams that Iowa Park played have a good passing game?

VWG
11-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Bowie, WF Hirschi and Burk all throw the ball, but you have to take it into perspective. Bowie is a 3A doormat..., Hirschi is a 4A playoff team out of Wichita Falls but the pass isn't their main weapon of choice. Burkburnett is a 4A school, but went 0-10 this year. So, Decatur is the best passing team that IP will play so far.
Iowa Park is a talented crew, always competitive. Even during last year's season, which they only won either 2 or 3 games, they lost several games by only a touchdown or less.
I look for Decatur to win this game based on their talent at the skill positions over Iowa Park. But... if Iowa Park can get the ball moving behind their big O-line, then IP might be able to pull out a win.

VWG
11-19-2002, 10:34 PM
Bowie, WF Hirschi and Burk all throw the ball, but you have to take it into perspective. Bowie is a 3A doormat..., Hirschi is a 4A playoff team out of Wichita Falls but the pass isn't their main weapon of choice. Burkburnett is a 4A school, but went 0-10 this year. So, Decatur is the best passing team that IP will play so far.
Iowa Park is a talented crew, always competitive. Even during last year's season, which they only won either 2 or 3 games, they lost several games by only a touchdown or less.
I look for Decatur to win this game based on their talent at the skill positions over Iowa Park. But... if Iowa Park can get the ball moving behind their big O-line, then IP might be able to pull out a win.

VWG
11-19-2002, 10:35 PM

tigerfandad
11-19-2002, 10:46 PM
Regardless who wins I hope IP does to Decatur what Decatur did to Glen Rose....Spit on em, choke em, and cuss em. Decatur coaches, fans and players should be ashamed of the way they play ball.

MASH4077
11-19-2002, 11:22 PM
Whoa! now say again what horrible things Decatur did to Glen Rose,because I dont remember seeing anything on the news about this display,or is this sorry losers syndrome?

widowspeak52
11-20-2002, 09:25 PM
Will be a good game but if Decatur plays like they have the previous 10 games before Glen Rose than the Eagles shouldn't have many problems with them. Both well coached teams but Decatur has them beat in all aspects of the game. My prediction Decatur 42 I.P. 14

Chief Woodman
11-21-2002, 05:56 PM
Iowa Park is a good team, but Decatur does have talent. Teams have played dime and nickel "D" to stop the pass, and Decatur runs the ball like crazy. When teams stack 8 in the box to stop the run, Dane passes all night long. Depends on if Decatur shows up to play or comes in flat. If they come in and play like last week which was thier poorest game of the entire season (taking nothing away from Glen Rose who came to play) Iowa Park wins. If Decatur shows up and executes, Decatur wins by at least 14. Oh, tigerfandad- you have the roles reversed. By the way we looked at the game films and unless you JV players started the game for you, your JV players were NOT on the field when Decatur scored its last TD last week. The same numbers on the jerseys at the start of the game were the same numbers at the end of the game. You sound like the Potsboro QB who after a 56-0 loss to Decatur said "you guys only won because you were lucky". May the luck continue.

The One
11-22-2002, 08:24 AM
I see Decatur getting back on track this week and showing teams they are a team to be reckoned with.

Deactur 52
Iowa Park 14