PDA

View Full Version : Premier Baseball Junior National Championships Joplin Missouri

Buffgal
07-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Congratulations to the Austin Wings Black on their Junior National Championship.

The Austin Wings battled through nine games to claim the championship on Sunday, playing the Bayside New York Yankees in the championship and winning by a score of 16-5.

36 teams attended the event, hosted in Joplin, Missouri. Teams from Kansas, Indiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, New York and Canada attended.

Congratulations to Ty Marlow (middle infield) and Rush Plumlee (catcher)(Giddings High School) who helped the Austin Wings Black post a summer season record for the Wings organization of 43-2-4. :clap:

Congratulations also to Trey Masek (Giddings) of the Houston Heat Silver for pitching a perfect game during the tournament.:clap:

VWG
07-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Tons of scouts at Joplin. It's a good experience for any HS baseball player to get to play in the tournament.
I know a kid a couple of years ago that was from a 3A school playing with Arlington A's, and got noticed by a small college while playing there.

hookandladder
07-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Congratulations to the Austin Wings Black on their Junior National Championship.

The Austin Wings battled through nine games to claim the championship on Sunday, playing the Bayside New York Yankees in the championship and winning by a score of 16-5.

36 teams attended the event, hosted in Joplin, Missouri. Teams from Kansas, Indiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, New York and Canada attended.

Congratulations to Ty Marlow (middle infield) and Rush Plumlee (catcher)(Giddings High School) who helped the Austin Wings Black post a summer season record for the Wings organization of 43-2-4. :clap:

Congratulations also to Trey Masek (Giddings) of the Houston Heat Silver for pitching a perfect game during the tournament.:clap:

Do you know where Brook is playing.

gtownfan
07-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Do you know where Brook is playing.

Ty is going to A&M. I think Brook is going to be a Sophmore this year, so he's not far enough along to commit yet.

hookandladder
07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Ty is going to A&M. I think Brook is going to be a Sophmore this year, so he's not far enough along to commit yet.

I was talking about summer ball, where is he playing this summer.

Buffgal
07-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Brooks played for the Austin Wings Red. He also attended the Jr Nationals in Joplin and played shortstop.