PDA

View Full Version : Our Weather

SHSBulldog00
07-26-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't know how much rain you may have gotten, but where I live we have had about 0.30 inches of rain since the end of school. Last week of school.

I was thinking just yesterday. We are in a drought ...... but there has been no tropical storm development anywhere this Hurricane season. Could this be connected?

Trashman
07-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Don't know if they are connected or not, but we are headed for an El Nino cycle, which generally gives us a very wet fall. So hold on, you may get more rain than you need about September.:D

SHSBulldog00
07-26-2009, 09:54 PM
We're over 7 inches behind our normal rainfall total. Put that together with 15 days over 100 and we'll see what happens. Two-a-days begin on Aug. 3 and it will be incredibly hot.

Trashman
07-31-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't know how dry it is where you are, but here in Central Texas is so dry that.................

1. Cows are giving birth to beef jerky.

2. The Rabbit Sheriff (game warden) is dusting the catfish at Lake Travis for ticks.

3. Milk cows are giving powdered milk.

4. The Red Cross has launched a wet blanket appeal.

5. The Government has introduced a water gun buy back program.

6. The two oak trees in my front yard are fighting over the dog.

7. When my daughter fainted it took 3 buckets of sand to bring her around.

8. The dogs in town are marking their territory with chalk.

9. Your only permitted to eat watermellon between 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM.

10. I bought a box of rasins the other day, only to find out they were actually watermellons.

SHSBulldog00
08-02-2009, 07:37 PM
I know your situation I was in the Breckenridge area 2 Summers ago. Temp was 107, in the shade it was 100.