PDA

View Full Version : WNBA All Star Game Low-Light

Additup
07-26-2009, 03:45 PM
This morning on sportscenter, I had to watch WNBA all-stars clear the paint for Fowles to dunk with 31.6 seconds remaining.

She missed her first attempt and then hustled back to the three point line for a 2nd dunk attempt that she made.

Sportscenter showed the entire clip and I thought it was funny how the players set it up, the commentators built it up and then she missed it...the "all-star" players basically wrote the best punchline i've seen for the entire WNBA joke.

Someone must have gotten upset because all I can find online is the 2nd try when she made it.

The only player I can respect is the one that kinda distracted her on the first attempt. Please post a link of the MISS if you can find it...

Matthew328
07-26-2009, 05:55 PM
wow the WNBA had an allstar game? How many dozens showed up

Phil C
07-26-2009, 06:00 PM
They do that every year. As most of you know I support the WNBA and women's sport but dunking should be done in a legitimate game in game conditions. The sad thing is that there have been some WNBA players who have dunked under the right contitions. The way it is done in this game by these ladies is a mockery of what should be a great achievement.

Twirling Time
07-26-2009, 06:18 PM
That girl that's going to Baylor next year from Houston is going to be special. She's 6-8 and can really dunk — not push it over the lip of the hoop, but actually throw down with authority.

TheDOCTORdre
07-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Additup
\

Someone must have gotten upset because all I can find online is the 2nd try when she made it.

did they pull a Lebron James and confiscate all the tapes?

Additup
07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Tuarasi did kinda punk her, but here's the miss - 1:10 in this local video report:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ys-Op1y8I&feature=related

Here's how ESPN later tried to slant it and just showing try #2 33 seconds into the report:
"That is a mamma jamma - throwin' it down!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdOn2BhYrJk

Electus Unus
07-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
wow the WNBA had an allstar game? How many dozens showed up Yes it features mega stars such as.......