PDA

View Full Version : ANY traditional rivalries broken by realinement

Old Green
02-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Any traditional rivalries broken by realinement.

------------------

bearcat1
02-10-2002, 02:15 PM
Crane v Monahans is one I am sad to see broken up. Also in 1A, an old rival that wasn't broken up but has been returned is Ralls v Crosbyton. This goes way back. The week before this game, you will see dead jackrabbits tied to fence posts, lining the 5 mile stretch of road that separates these 2 towns. It seems back in the day, an old coach at Ralls had his team out in the fields chasing jackrabbits as a form of workout. Crosbyton then hunted down, killed, and tied up dead rabbits to the fence posts. They also scattered them around the school grounds. These 2 didn't play after ralls went to 2a for several years, until 2 years ago they got them on the schedule, and the rabbit thing happened just as it had before so it will be wild. Niether are very good but hey, its a rekindled rivalry and the old folks still around have some wild stories to tell about the things that went on leading up to gamenight. I bet both towns are excited to have this again as a district game.

Originally posted by Old Green:
Any traditional rivalries broken by realinement.

Old Green
02-10-2002, 02:31 PM
That sounds like good History of Rivals.
I don't of any that intense around here except for Yoakum painting Gobbler stadium field blue at the 50 yard line.

One good rivalry that will be renewed is George West and Three Rivers. George west dropped down to 2A and are in the same district as Three Rivers.
The game had to be suspended for the last 6 years because it had gotten so heated on the field that they feared violence.

bearcat1
02-10-2002, 02:39 PM
I knew Yoakum was a rival but I didn't know about the field painting incident! wow
bc

Originally posted by Old Green:
That sounds like good History of Rivals.
I don't of any that intense around here except for Yoakum painting Gobbler stadium field blue at the 50 yard line.

One good rivalry that will be renewed is George West and Three Rivers. George west dropped down to 2A and are in the same district as Three Rivers.
The game had to be suspended for the last 6 years because it had gotten so heated on the field that they feared violence.

Old Green
02-10-2002, 02:51 PM
Yea bearcat1. we're only 15 miles apart in the same county so ther is a lot of interaction.

rsjmann
02-10-2002, 03:06 PM
Lamesa , Seminole, and Denver City got three new teams in District 3-3A. Snyder, Sweetwater, and Merkel moved out of a very tough district and have now formed a tough district also. Snyder moved down from 4A and was in a district with Frenship, Estacado, plainview, and Big Spring to name a few.

Lamesa lost rival Midland Greenwood from the move. It has been pretty heated the last few years. Guess it will have to be redewed in the playoffs.

Side Not: Lamesa is now in the small school division in 3A if Snyder makes the playoffs.

Old Green
02-10-2002, 03:18 PM
Another good Rivalry will be Giddings and LaGrange in District 24. That always a heated rivalry. This for the district championship.

toby070
02-11-2002, 09:09 AM
It's not 3A, but a rivalry that I am very much looking forward to being renewed is San Marcos vs Hays since SM moved back up to 5A. Those two will draw 15K anytime they play at Bobcat Stadium. Also, an older rivalry is renewed between Seguin and SM...used to be lots of bad blood in that one, but has mellowed a little in the last ten years.

gdornon11
02-17-2002, 02:12 PM
bellville and sealy is a huge rivalry and now the 2 teams are in the same district.

Old Green
02-17-2002, 05:30 PM
Yea! That is ahot rivalry. Tey should be the two top dogs in that fight. I may have to drive the 100 miles to see that one.

lepfan01
02-18-2002, 09:42 PM
A rivlary that is broken up is La Grange and Bellville. There used to be a huge fight for district championship and now it looks like La Grange and Giddings in 24-3A and Bellville and Sealy in their district.