PDA

View Full Version : has anyone noticed

Footballhudini
07-26-2009, 02:25 PM
how plain and unappealing the presentation/aesthetics of new brand of generic walmart food called "great value"?? i mean... i could've made something better than that tbh...

PurpleFreddy
07-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Reminds me of the generic packaging that came out in the late 70s and early 80s. White labels with black lettering that simply said "salt" or "peanut butter."

poisoned10
07-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Those hot dog buns suck. They just broke apart. I guess you get what you pay for.

sinton66
07-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I never buy bread products at Wally World anymore. They turn green in no time at all. Bread from HEB usually lasts at least two weeks.

Sweetwater Red
07-26-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't buy anything generic. Mostly because it
sucks and I end up throwing it out. Example
being Aus-Tex Beef Stew...it was awful. The one
exception though is that I buy Brookeshire's
brand bread. It blows Mrs. Baird's away and is
about a 1.50 cheaper.

TheDOCTORdre
07-26-2009, 08:39 PM
i was just telling my friends the same thing today when we were at the store earlier today...went too look at the beef jerky and i was ike what the hell this package reminds me of the stuff you see in tv shows when they couldnt use name brand products on thei shows

Twirling Time
07-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I don't buy anything generic. Mostly because it
sucks and I end up throwing it out. Example
being Aus-Tex Beef Stew...it was awful. The one
exception though is that I buy Brookeshire's
brand bread. It blows Mrs. Baird's away and is
about a 1.50 cheaper.

I do most grocery shopping at Brookshire's and their bread is great. Their savory crackers are also awesome.

Footballhudini
07-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I never buy bread products at Wally World anymore. They turn green in no time at all. Bread from HEB usually lasts at least two weeks.

I bought some bread there (none of this cheap junk) and it ended up green in no time. i didn't think walmart had anything to do with it...

piratebg
07-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I'll take Hill Country Fare or the HEB brand any day of the week. Walmart brand food just sucks.

Footballhudini
07-27-2009, 11:22 AM
actually whoops my mistake

the brand is old, but the packaging is new