PDA

View Full Version : Thought from the archives of a past great American

Old Cardinal
07-25-2009, 01:25 PM
I thought this was an interesting read...any comments appreciated....

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."*

* Adrian Rogers, 1931*

BobcatBenny
07-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I think Farmersfan, sinton66, ronwx5x, DDBooger, BBDE and Rockdale80 are going to post on this thread.

Footballhudini
07-25-2009, 02:11 PM
thread is already getting out of hand imo

just close it now

sinfan75
07-25-2009, 02:15 PM
They'll discuss it a little and then they'll hijack the thread. Then it'll get REALLY good. :D

rockdale80
07-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
They'll discuss it a little and then they'll hijack the thread. Then it'll get REALLY good. :D

Quoting a Southern Baptist Preacher?

Here is a quote:

“Fascism is capitalism plus murder.”
-Upton Sinclair

:D :D

Old Cardinal
07-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Capitalism is freedom to catalyzed and utilize inventions for all civilization.

Free enterprise is a springboard for all who have purpose to develop, invent, create and receive massive wealth. They develop wealth for themselves and many others according to their drive, use of intelligence, and their resolve.

Wealth gives a man the privilege to be extra generous as he chooses. He can be a steward of the bounty God has given him.

Without Capitalism and our Soldiers you would be enslaved and speaking a strange language with someone else making all your choices.

Capitalist contribute to the rise of all society and all well being.

Just an ole man crying as freedoms are taken away daily. Freedoms that were earned by toil and actuation of great generations long before.

OC

That is just the way I see it.

rockdale80
07-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Capitalism is freedom to catalyzed and utilize inventions for all civilization.

Free enterprise is a springboard for all who have purpose to develop, invent, create and receive massive wealth. They develop wealth for themselves and many others according to their drive, use of intelligence, and their resolve.

Wealth gives a man the privilege to be extra generous as he chooses. He can be a steward of the bounty God has given him.

Without Capitalism and our Soldiers you would be enslaved and speaking a strange language with someone else making all your choices.

Capitalist contribute to the rise of all society and all well being.

Just an ole man crying as freedoms are taken away daily. Freedoms that were earned by toil and actuation of great generations long before.

OC

That is just the way I see it.

Tissue?

Old Cardinal
07-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Yep Rockdale 80 I have needed tissue when I cried as a small boy when my cousin Jack Linn Perry's body was brought back from the Korean War..

I cried when my friend Carl Winters' younger brother's body was brought back from Vietnam.... Danny was your age just like Jack Lynn was also.

My son, Paratrooper, recipient of the Bronze Star twice and a couple of dozen metals etc: says he cried every time one of his 18 year old young paratroopers was killed in Desert Storm, Panama Invasion, and initial invasion of Baghdad and later in Iraq & Afghanistan etc:

Many people call folks your age with attitudes "Cocky Jockeys"....

I call them American's brave youth when they choose to represent their country so well. Tissue? yes I am not to proud to cry....

rockdale80
07-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Yep Rockdale 80 I have needed tissue when I cried as a small boy when my cousin Jack Linn Perry's body was brought back from the Korean War..

I cried when my friend Carl Winters' younger brother's body was brought back from Vietnam.... Danny was your age just like Jack Lynn was also.

My son, Paratrooper, recipient of the Bronze Star twice and a couple of dozen metals etc: says he cried every time one of his 18 year old young paratroopers was killed in Desert Storm, Panama Invasion, and initial invasion of Baghdad and later in Iraq & Afghanistan etc:

Many people call folks your age with attitudes "Cocky Jockeys"....

I call them American's brave youth when they choose to represent their country so well. Tissue? yes I am not to proud to cry....

Alright...well since I replied to your post about a conservative pastor's thoughts and you went on a tangent about soldiers dying and equating the two I guess I will leave this conversation alone.