PDA

View Full Version : Collier-Sharpe picks for week 3??? Confused...

HotDawg89
09-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Am I missing something? They have Burnet's game listed with Midland Christian, and have (NP) next to Midland Christian. Doesn't that mean no pick? Or no points...???

Are they supposed to be good this year? Cause I was under the impression the game would be a snore. If it weren't for Homecoming, I am not sure I would go. But if Burnet isn't picked to win- could this mean it might be a game of interest? Thoughts?

Oh, and while everyone out there is asking for 5 stars- a little 5* ranking would do me some good too. I have never seen 5 stars on this board. I got attacked by a couple of the 1* rankers last year- remember that? So all of you newbies- help me out and I'll return the favor!

3afan
09-15-2003, 05:40 PM
i dont think C-S picks games vs. privates ...

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Ok HotDawg you got 5 coming your way (NP) means the game is not picked.

Ranger Mom
09-15-2003, 05:59 PM
I checked Hotdawg89 and I had already gave you 5.

JasperDog94
09-15-2003, 06:38 PM
I got your back hotdawg! 5 comin' at cha!

JasperDog94
09-15-2003, 06:39 PM
ooops, I already gave you a 5 last year. :o

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Hotdog89,
Midland Christian is quite young. Your presence is still needed, we sure don't take anybody for granted. You can't tell who might jump up and bite'ya on any night. So come on out and scream your lungs out with the rest of us, we still need the sellout to let the guys know we support them,
right?
GreatBigBurnetFan

spaniard
09-15-2003, 07:41 PM
hotdawg, i gave you a 5'er last year sometime, but yes you should still come to the game like greatbigburnetfan said. hehe, i finally got off of work on a friday so i get to come to homecoming, the only catch is, is that i have to be back here by 10 saturday morning, so there goes the whole sleeping in idea. hehe, oh well, such is life.

p.s.- gbbf, i gave you a 5er as well, just dont disappoint me eh? hehe, just kiddin.

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

Ranger05
09-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Just for ur information Midland Christian isnt that good and burnet should blow them out of the water because midland christian is a really young team. Just to let u know they got beat by pecos 15-8 and they are suppose to get last in our district.

Old Tiger
09-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Were picked to lose by 29 frown

footballgal
09-15-2003, 09:15 PM
HotDawg89
Don't look like my 5* helped, it's still showing 4* on you. But I'd appreciate it if you spot me to with a 5* wink

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

HotDawg89
09-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Thanks you guys for the info and the 5*! It still shows I have like a 4.36...I must have really ticked someone off last year. . . I can't imagine why! wink

Oh well, anyone else- keep 'em coming if you can, and to all my buds that helped me out- I gotcha back with a big old 5* if I hadn't already ranked you!

I wouldn't miss a game...I'm just griping. I wish Burnet had a bit tougher schedule- nothing against the teams we are playing, but I want some action and good games, you know? Blow outs are too good for the almighty ego. Anywho...

Peace out!

Old Tiger
09-15-2003, 10:33 PM
How about give me a bunch more 5's.

HotDawg89
09-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Gotcha Tiger!

JCM
09-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Midland Christian got beat by LaVernia 58-7 last week. Wimberley plays LaVernia this week and that should be an indicator of how good those teams really are. MC appears to be a mismatch with Burnet.

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-16-2003, 09:14 AM
To all you folks,
Burnets schedule was done years ago. The preseason
had Marlin #3, who would of thought Marlin would lose Tank and others and be 0-2 at this point. During the summer, Midland Christian lost a number of athletes to other Midland schools. Gatesville is still picked to win their district
and really played hard(with some questionable hits), they were an excellent opponent. Austin Reagan was picked to win their district again, and last year also lost the 1st 2 games then went well into the playoffs, and may still this year.
Burnet sure hopes Marlin will be healthy and be an excellent game. BTW, Burnet is banged up too,
having lost starters, but still finds a way to win. Burnet is just a class act with great athletes, not just the Stephen and Jordon show,
ask a few coaches if you don't think so.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

BIG19
09-16-2003, 09:34 AM
HotDawg89, quit blowing smoke you and the family will be there in all the green that you can find. Wouldn't expect it any other way. As for the game, it will be played and hopefully there will be no injuries. I see it a lot like last week where the second and third string players get a lot of playing time and gaining experience that WILL be needed later down the road. Yes, blow-outs are boring, but if you look at it from a player perspective, then it is a good thing. Continue to yell and support the kids. What else do you have to do...............And why do you feel you are worthy of 5*'s anyway????? You know you have them from me!

Spaniard, glad to hear that you will be able to make it.

<small>[ September 16, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

HotDawg89
09-16-2003, 01:39 PM
I'm worthy cause I'm just gorgeous! :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Yes Big19- you know we wouldn't miss it! See ya there!