PDA

View Full Version : Wedding intro

pirate4state
07-24-2009, 02:57 PM
This has been making the rounds on twitter and I figured since I'm bored & it's so slow some of you might get a kick out of this. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

BuffyMars
07-24-2009, 03:04 PM
i almost posted this earlier today. that's awesome! wedding's are soooo boring. that and funerals too.

especially when they start preaching...

it's like, "SERIOUSLY?"

you have to preach right now? may as well bring out the communion and take me out back to the lake.

i am not hating on religion...i just don't think it is always appropriate to with, "are you saved?"

pirate4state
07-24-2009, 03:13 PM
hahaha this one is funny too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3eFPtGl20

Trashman
07-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
i almost posted this earlier today. that's awesome! wedding's are soooo boring. that and funerals too.

it's like, "SERIOUSLY?"

you have to preach right now? may as well bring out the communion and take me out back to the lake.

i am not hating on religion...i just don't think it is always appropriate to with, "are you saved?"

Then hire a JP to do the wedding.:rolleyes:

Maroon87
07-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

it's like, "SERIOUSLY?"

Hence the reason they are usually held in a church.

Txbroadcaster
07-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Then hire a JP to do the wedding.:rolleyes:

Buffy and I did not have to..our preacher literally had a 5min ceremony

and a couple should not have to hire a JP, is it that much to ask to have a religious ceremony that does not turn into a sermon:rolleyes :rolleyes:

Maroon87
07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Buffy and I did not have to..our preacher literally had a 5min ceremony

and a couple should not have to hire a JP, is it that much to ask to have a religious ceremony that does not turn into a sermon:rolleyes :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken, you can choose to have the full-on sermon or just the ceremony. It's up to the couple.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
07-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
If I'm not mistaken, you can choose to have the full-on sermon or just the ceremony. It's up to the couple.:thinking:

MOST preachers it is up to the couple but some preachers basically say it will be my way or the highway

pirate4state
07-24-2009, 03:55 PM
MOST preachers it is up to the couple but some preachers basically say it will be my way or the highway Catholic weddings are the WORST! So long & so boring.

VEGAS BABY!

SintonFan
07-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This has been making the rounds on twitter and I figured since I'm bored & it's so slow some of you might get a kick out of this. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0
lol
We loved it!!!:clap:
BTW I was glad we had a traditional Wedding but stuff like this every now and then keeps it fresh.:)

goosealaniz
07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
my brother just had his wedding on july 11th at 7:11pm... get it... 7/11 at 7:11... anyway... after the preacher said i now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Alaniz...instead of doing the traditional walk... we played Michael Jackson's "Rock with you"... and then they danced down the isle... that got everybody cheering and laughin...and when my grandpa was leaving... my grandpa even put in a lil shake... everybody loved it

Trashman
07-24-2009, 10:12 PM
MOST preachers it is up to the couple but some preachers basically say it will be my way or the highway

This is true; that is why you should choose the person who is going to perform the ceremony carefully. There is no rule carved in stone that says you must use the family minister. My oldest daughter choose a minister and her younger sister used a Federal judge. By Texas law you can use anybody who is licensed by a church, a state official or the captain of a ship.:D

TexasHSFB
07-24-2009, 10:27 PM
MOST preachers it is up to the couple but some preachers basically say it will be my way or the highway So why not pick a different preacher who will let you do what you want? Why sit in a sermon if you don't want to? (And I'm assuming that you will say 'because it's the family preacher'--- My response is 'if you go to church enough to have a"family preacher" then why whine about a little sermon?'"

I say choose another preacher.

:thinking:

SintonFan
07-24-2009, 10:35 PM
What is wrong with that?
My Wife and I got married in a traditional Catholic setting and wouldn't trade that experience for the world.
p4s, Rey sang at our Wedding in 1994. He made many Weddings special in Sinton and the area because of his singing gift. Gob Bless Him.:)
lol
Denise and I talked a little, after watching that Wedding video, and we would love to do something like that for a Renewal of Vows. Not for our actual Wedding. We both still get goosebumps from April 16, 1994.:cool:

gold_33
07-25-2009, 02:40 AM
I know this isnt a cool wedding intro or dance like the rest but this is my buddy's wedding trailer video for his weding held in Austin done by Joe Simon productions. Its pretty incredible and i wanted to share it. He was the runningback for Wimberley and played at Tech. He got married on March 28 in Austin, its a pretty neat video. Click on Callan and Brents wedding on the page.

Link (http://www.joesimonproductions.blogspot.com/)

Blastoderm55
07-25-2009, 01:27 PM
My wedding was awesome. We didn't want the the restrictive scripting of a JP, and we're not, um, well, church-goers, so we're not close to any preachers, ministers, etc. However, my younger cousin, an intern at a mega-church in Arizona and minister-in-training, got certified online and was able to marry us. We handed the reins off to him and our ceremony pretty much turned into a roast. :D