PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo on the radio

Looking4number8
07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Do any other towns broadcast their rodeo live on the radio... Brownwood does and has for several years now. Here is the link in case there are some non-belivers (yes it is the brownwood lions broadcast link because it is the same radio station)

http://radio.bci1.com/

PPHSfan
07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Do any other towns broadcast their rodeo live on the radio... Brownwood does and has for several years now. Here is the link in case there are some non-belivers (yes it is the brownwood lions broadcast link because it is the same radio station)

http://radio.bci1.com/

That sounds about as exiting as watching someone fish on television.:D

Looking4number8
07-23-2009, 10:10 PM
I think I would much rather watch the fishing. the old gal that is the play by play (I guess) is about as hick as my great great grandmother. the "color guy" sounds like he knows less about rodeos than me. actually kind of funny to listen to.. for a minute

STANG RED
07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I hear there will be live minute by minute commentary on the progress of grass growing after these latest rains on their next program. Ought to be riveting for sure. :D

95mustang
07-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Don't know about the radio but I was working the rodeo tonight and it was good in person.

bwdlionfan
07-23-2009, 11:40 PM
looking4... growing up in brownwood and living there til i was 19 i never made it to a brownwood rodeo... now at the age of 26, my girlfriend talked me in to going to the mesquite rodeo a few weeks ago and i had a blast. i'm going to be in brownwood on saturday and she is coming with me... she wants to see the brownwood rodeo and we're talking about going to it, depending on when my niece's birthday party winds up being.

anyway, i know its probably not going to compare to the mesquite rodeo... but how good is the brownwood rodeo?

95mustang
07-23-2009, 11:48 PM
It is now a PRCA rodeo and tonights event was very good. Good family entertainment. I am planning on taking the family tomorrow night myself. My youngest has never been to a rodeo and wanted to go with me tonight but since I was working there tonight I promised her tomorrow she can go.

Looking4number8
07-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
looking4... growing up in brownwood and living there til i was 19 i never made it to a brownwood rodeo... now at the age of 26, my girlfriend talked me in to going to the mesquite rodeo a few weeks ago and i had a blast. i'm going to be in brownwood on saturday and she is coming with me... she wants to see the brownwood rodeo and we're talking about going to it, depending on when my niece's birthday party winds up being.

anyway, i know its probably not going to compare to the mesquite rodeo... but how good is the brownwood rodeo?

I usually try to go at least one of the three nights. They do a good job. I have never been to a big rodeo like the one in Mesquite but I bet those are good. I am not a cowboy but it is awesome to see those guys challange that big ole bull... I sure would not do it.

Still think it is funny that it is on the radio though. Somebody else give it a listen tonight and tell me what you think

bwdlionfan
07-24-2009, 08:35 AM
If I'm home tonight I'll see if I can get it on the radio on my laptop (probably won't listen for long though!)

Thanks for the feedback mustang and lookin4... about how long is the Brownwood rodeo? I was somewhat disappointed the Mesquite one was only about an hour and 20 minutes. Just when I was getting in to it, it was over.

Looking4number8
07-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
If I'm home tonight I'll see if I can get it on the radio on my laptop (probably won't listen for long though!)

Thanks for the feedback mustang and lookin4... about how long is the Brownwood rodeo? I was somewhat disappointed the Mesquite one was only about an hour and 20 minutes. Just when I was getting in to it, it was over.

Last year the rodeo lasted from 7 until about 10 PM. Then they let the "slack" do their thing.. never exactly understood what slack is... extra I guess. Anyways they ran until about 1 AM