PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Brag about the Astros

zebrablue2
07-22-2009, 10:41 PM
1 game out of first after sweeping the Cards. Who would have thought that after the slow start, they would be in the thick of things.

TexasHSFB
07-23-2009, 01:33 AM
I can already hear the Rangers fans now.
Weak division.... blah... blah."

:rolleyes:

Or "silver boot"

Meh... the Rangers are good this year too so I have no room to dog them.

Footballhudini
07-23-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
I can already hear the Rangers fans now.
Weak division.... blah... blah."

:rolleyes:

Or "silver boot"

Meh... the Rangers are good this year too so I have no room to dog them.

u can always dog them for the past 20 years

lostaussie
07-23-2009, 08:07 AM
All Texan World Series!!! I assume I am asking for a little much.

Maroon87
07-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Long way to go but they are right back in the hunt!:clap:

Bull's-eye
07-23-2009, 11:14 AM
I actually watched them last night, bandwagon starting to get full.
Cardinals made a big mistake, could of had the inning ending double play, but decided to get the runner at home.

crzyjournalist03
07-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Have to say, did not see this coming from the Astros this year...they looked pretty much awful for the first three months of the season, and I kept waiting for the wheels to fall off...who knows where they could end up now?

TexasHSFB
07-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Yep. I'd like to see Rangers/Astros WS.

On another note, I do believe the Rangers swept the Red Sox. :clap:

Gontex
07-23-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't know if they can maintain the momentum. They are one of the oldest teams in the major leagues. The good thing about that is that they have been there before and should have the experience edge over most other teams. On the other hand, older players are subject to injury of the most surprising kinds. Berkman and ValVerde both have (and had) torn calf muscles. What the hay is that?

BreckTxLonghorn
07-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
I don't know if they can maintain the momentum. They are one of the oldest teams in the major leagues. The good thing about that is that they have been there before and should have the experience edge over most other teams. On the other hand, older players are subject to injury of the most surprising kinds. Berkman and ValVerde both have (and had) torn calf muscles. What the hay is that?

In one word: painful.