PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale vs. Ballinger

KTown#1Fan
11-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Best game in week 2 region 1 D2??? i think so... your opinions??? i can't see anyone stopping kennedales offense... barrett is playing quality ball right now and he can open up the run if the defense stacks up against it... offense is just to strong and to fast just ask everman... Brideport was a good team that w/o a couple of lucky breaks gets blown out of the first round... i believe the score should have been 51-20 if you take away the fumble at the 3 and the muffed kick return... very very strong play by the 4 running backs i just dont see them getting stopped by a team in region 1...

BullBacker
11-18-2002, 04:37 PM
First of all I dont think we would have gotten blown out. I think if you look at the game we had a couple of drops that could have went the distance. As for as breaks go thats part of the game. Anyway I am sure we will disagree.

I dont think this game will be close. Ballinger will not be able to keep up with yalls offense. And your defense should be able to defend there running attack.
Good luck to yall friday night. Thought about going but I will catch you guys next week.

bleedgreen
11-18-2002, 07:58 PM
I heard a scouting report that Ballinger had a good running back. Is there anybody from Ballinger registered on this forum? Let us hear from you. See you in Abilene.

wildstangs
11-18-2002, 09:06 PM
bleedgreen:
I heard a scouting report that Ballinger had a good running back. Is there anybody from Ballinger registered on this forum? Let us hear from you. See you in Abilene.Vet93 your getting called out!

From my observations. Ballinger is awful. They have a slow RB (Doesnt play defense very well either) Their QB cant throw or run at all. Kennedale will win this one in the first quarter. You guys go ahead and start worrying about next week. :)

KTown#1Fan
11-18-2002, 09:11 PM
o... vet93... stangs called you out... what do you have 2 say partna??? hey stangs good luck w/perryton i hope 2 see yall in the region championship match... i think the best football game i have ever seen was last years second round... that quarterback of yalls is a true playa...

wildstangs
11-18-2002, 09:25 PM
KTown#1Fan:
o... vet93... stangs called you out... what do you have 2 say partna??? hey stangs good luck w/perryton i hope 2 see yall in the region championship match... i think the best football game i have ever seen was last years second round... that quarterback of yalls is a true playa...We really dont wanna see Kennedale again after last year. But if thats what it takes, then by gosh we will be there. Hopefully not in Wichita Falls again. Thanks for the luck. Hope you guys have a safe trip to Abilene.

KTownBalla
11-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Kennedale 56
Ballinger 14

This game should be fun to watch. I see rex running as if it were the 100M dash all afternoon, unless they zero in on him. If they do that, our other guys will get good runs, just ask Bridgeport. Anywazs..have fun Ballinger...you any good at catch up?!?!

vet93
11-18-2002, 10:54 PM
Hey guys...I guess I am the designated Ballinger-guy! K-town fans...you guys have a great team. Anybody who can beat Everman has anyone's attention. It sounds like that you have alot of weapons with speed to burn. It is hard for me to anticipate how this game is going to shake out because we don't have any common opponents. Ballinger is small 3a school (currently running 2A numbers in high school). Our main weapon is a junior running back named antonio posey. He was hurt at the beginning of the year so he hasn't made too much noise. He didn't really get going until about week 5. Since that time he has been averaging about 140-150 yards per game. We have a junior qb that has thrown for over 1000 yards. We are not real big and not real fast. We have some quickness on defense but no real speed. The team is disciplined and well coached but we certainly can't match you athlete for athlete. I guess the only thing that I can say is that they are scrappy bunch of guys that give real good effort. I am proud of our team, they are a typical west texas team...short on speed but long on heart. We will try our best to make a game of it

ClydeFan
11-19-2002, 12:58 AM
Hey Vet93, congratulations on the win against Vernon! Good luck in the game with Kennedale! Sounds like you'll have your hands full with them, but I think it will be a closer game than many expect.

Kennedale Wildcats
11-19-2002, 08:06 AM
Sounds to me like my homeboys already think that they have won this game. Here's a little tip for ya' ONLY A FOOL WOULD THINK THAT ANY PLAYOFF GAME WILL BE A RUN AWAY!

pero chato
11-19-2002, 10:39 AM
Hey Vet93, good luck against Kennedale. They are going to be awfully tough. Like you said, anyone who beats Everman has everyone's attention. All Kennedale did was wake up Everman and made them very angry, maybe even pissed them off, as their scores have indicated. Now we get to play them next. Oh Boy! Lucky us! Anyway, keep that defense mean, keep Posey healthy, and get the ball to #82 King. I'm sticking with our district podnas by 3 in the upset. Good Luck Bearcats!!

vet93
11-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Ditto on this end Pero chato...I don't envy you guys having to play Everman. Kennedale may have awoken a sleeping giant! Do you think that we could borrow some of felts speed for the weekend...?we promise to give it back before track season!! I have a feeling that we are going to need it on Saturday wink Be sure and fire up that offensive line on saturday. They will need to be in top form to beat Everman. Controling the line of scrimmage will be especially key in this game. I bet Hugh pulls out all of the stops for this one (hook and lateral...belly bum...split end reverse). Hopefully he can work some of his magic! Good luck!

pero chato:
Hey Vet93, good luck against Kennedale. They are going to be awfully tough. Like you said, anyone who beats Everman has everyone's attention. All Kennedale did was wake up Everman and made them very angry, maybe even pissed them off, as their scores have indicated. Now we get to play them next. Oh Boy! Lucky us! Anyway, keep that defense mean, keep Posey healthy, and get the ball to #82 King. I'm sticking with our district podnas by 3 in the upset. Good Luck Bearcats!!

Wtx_coach
11-19-2002, 04:15 PM
Hey Vet, dont listen to all this hoopla about Kennedale, I know they are a great football team but dont think your team has no shot, beleive me on this one Coach Owens will have those boys ready to play and their best effort will come out, I can guarantee you one thing Vet if you guys dont win, it will be a dog fight!!!

pero chato
11-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Wtx_coach:
Hey Vet, dont listen to all this hoopla about Kennedale, I know they are a great football team but dont think your team has no shot, beleive me on this one Coach Owens will have those boys ready to play and their best effort will come out, I can guarantee you one thing Vet if you guys dont win, it will be a dog fight!!!HEAR, HEAR!! AND AMEN!!

vet93
11-19-2002, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys (pero chato & west texas coach). I am by no means giving up on either Ballinger or Wylie. I have all of the faith in the world in coach Owens and coach Sandifer to prepare the boys and I know both teams will be ready to play.

Ladykat5
11-20-2002, 08:41 PM
Hey Ballinger fans I just wanna say best of luck on Saturday...I'll be on the sidelines with my boys holding a towel and water bottle so I am excited. Kennedale, dont get to in on yourselves you remember what happened with Alvarado last year. This could turn into a Kennedale-Everman game. We are quick and accurate but you better be 10 times more cause Ballinger will be!!! LETS GO CATS!!!!! :)

vet93
11-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Hey LadyKat...good luck to you guys. Win or lose, I am really looking forward to seeing ya'lls high octane offense! Have a safe trip Kennedale fans. Later vet93

Ladykat5:
Hey Ballinger fans I just wanna say best of luck on Saturday...I'll be on the sidelines with my boys holding a towel and water bottle so I am excited. Kennedale, dont get to in on yourselves you remember what happened with Alvarado last year. This could turn into a Kennedale-Everman game. We are quick and accurate but you better be 10 times more cause Ballinger will be!!! LETS GO CATS!!!!! :)

KTownBalla
11-20-2002, 09:14 PM
In this coming game...I wanna see Rex get about 20-25 carriers and light up the score board. Once we have the commanding lead, i wanna see Bryan throw the ball so we can refine our in game pass offense. Good Luck to the Bearcats...!!!