PDA

View Full Version : THSF Class 3A Region III Preview

TexasHSFootball
07-22-2009, 12:27 AM
THSF Class 3A Region III Preview (http://www.texashsfootball.com/previews09/3areg3.htm)

Enjoy! :D

AggiesAreWe
07-22-2009, 07:24 AM
#2 WOS
#4 Silsbee

"Regional MVP Silsbee's QB Jeremy Johnson, quite possibly the best player in 3A"

I'll agree with this.:)

AggiesAreWe
07-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh, a correction on the 17-3A district preview. If Chapel Hill makes the playoffs, Gilmer will go Div. II, not Div. I. If Spring Hill makes it, Gilmer will go Div. I, not II.

TexasHSFootball
07-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Oh, a correction on the 17-3A district preview. If Chapel Hill makes the playoffs, Gilmer will go Div. II, not Div. I. If Spring Hill makes it, Gilmer will go Div. I, not II.

fixed ;)

waterboy
07-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Oh, crap! Somebody done beat me to it!:doh:

pirate4state
07-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Every prediction I've seen to date has Chapel Hill missing the playoffs. Did they really lose that much? Returning 4/4 off a 9-2 season. :thinking:

lostaussie
07-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Every prediction I've seen to date has Chapel Hill missing the playoffs. Did they really lose that much? Returning 4/4 off a 9-2 season. :thinking: not my prediction...........if gilmer doesn't go DII I will be shocked.

pirate4state
07-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
not my prediction...........if gilmer doesn't go DII I will be shocked. well you haven't posted your predictions.

DCTF & Padilla both have Gilmer going D1

waterboy
07-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Every prediction I've seen to date has Chapel Hill missing the playoffs. Did they really lose that much? Returning 4/4 off a 9-2 season. :thinking:
Chapel Hill has a new head coach and a lot of new coaches. They lost their star running back, Matthew Tucker, to graduation along with a few other starters. The thing these people don't understand is that Chapel Hill has a LOT of good athletes, and if they pick up on the new coaches' schemes early enough they will likely make the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised either way because I still see Gladewater as being the team that will have a lot to do with whether CH will make it to the playoffs or not, and don't discount Spring Hill. I expect Gilmer and Tatum to be there, but that third spot will be up for grabs between those three teams, in my opinion.

Matthew328
07-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Chapel Hill does have a lot of good athletes but losing Tucker hurts....Spring Hill has so much back its hard not to pick them third

TexasHSFootball
07-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Chapel Hill does have a lot of good athletes but losing Tucker hurts....Spring Hill has so much back its hard not to pick them third
I actually wavered back and forth between the two schools several times. And I do agree with you it is hard not to take Spring Hill third, but at the same time.. I just can't fathom Chapel Hill taking that big a drop. Not sure how big home field is worth, if anything, the two open district play at Chapel Hill. If Chapel Hill loses that game against Spring Hill they could be starting district play 0-3 with Gilmer and Tatum back to back.

waterboy
07-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I think Gladewater was the third best team in the district last year, and they have nearly their entire team back. Tatum backed into the playoffs last year in the third spot, but I think Gladewater was the better team. The only problem with Gladewater is they never seem to live up to expectations. I still say the last 3 playoff spots will be up in the air between Chapel Hill, Spring Hill, and Gladewater. I'd give CH the edge, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the other two teams knocked them out.

Ex-Tiger2005
07-22-2009, 11:30 AM
how do you check other regions?

pirate4state
07-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
how do you check other regions? He probably hasn't published the other regions yet.

Ex-Tiger2005
07-22-2009, 01:03 PM
thank ya!

navscanmaster
07-22-2009, 05:38 PM
If Navasota's defense is clicking, it will be a very good year. The offense lost a lot of big names, but they seem to have some talent ready to shine. I like our chances better with Cameron and Rockdale coming to Rattler Stadium.

HEMOTOXIC
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
The defense for the Rattlers will probably be as good if not better than last years defensive quad. The offense will not have the Stokes, Jackson, Pratt threat, but, I think they will suprise alot of people. Kesnick Jones, who played behind Pratt last season, is a very talented athlete. He will shine as the RB and on the defensive side of the ball. Some believed that QB/DB Kyle Hildreth should have started as QB last season over Stokes. Hopefully, Hildreth will be able to carry the Rattler offense. At WR, Sweed will be back as he missed most if not all of last season due to an injury. Creek (WR) has emerged as a top receiver also. Don't be suprised to see the Rattlers playing in the Region III championship again. Boy oh boy am I looking forward to the matchup with Bellville.

icu812
07-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I think Gladewater was the third best team in the district last year, and they have nearly their entire team back. Tatum backed into the playoffs last year in the third spot, but I think Gladewater was the better team. The only problem with Gladewater is they never seem to live up to expectations. I still say the last 3 playoff spots will be up in the air between Chapel Hill, Spring Hill, and Gladewater. I'd give CH the edge, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the other two teams knocked them out.

I agree CH has the edge. They ALWAYS have the athletes to get it done but don't always play to their potential. Gladewater is similar but doesn't have the #'s CH has. Tatum consistantly gets more out of their players. Part of that is consistancy with the coaching staffs. Spring Hill does a great job with the players they have and when a great class comes along they can be very good. That said I would be surprised if Gilmer goes Div. 1.

mistanice
07-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
THSF Class 3A Region III Preview (http://www.texashsfootball.com/previews09/3areg3.htm)

Enjoy! :D

Diboll doesn't have much returning but im anxious to see how the young QB will do.

TexasHSFootball
07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
Diboll doesn't have much returning but im anxious to see how the young QB will do.

Diboll is a team I believe that has potential to be a solid regional threat over the next two or three years.. It may take them all season this year to get over that youth movement there, but they will undoubtedly be battle tested. As you probably saw, I had plenty of good things to say about the Lumberjacks. :)