PDA

View Full Version : DCTF has Giddings #6 and Bellville #7 but yet....

Z-RO
07-21-2009, 11:00 PM
They have Bellville winning that district? Man this magazine has really declined over the years.:(

grahampaw
07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
in 2A Boyd is picked 5th and Pilot Point is 13th but they pick pilot Point to win the region.Seeing that they are both div-1s and will meet in Bi-District they think their #5 team will lose in Bi-District.

Footballhudini
07-21-2009, 11:49 PM
it might have to do with road/home team. anyhow, both gidd/bell will be fortunate just to make the playoffs period. i doubt they get passed bi-d (if they're next to a district anyhow)

Bull's-eye
07-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
it might have to do with road/home team. anyhow, both gidd/bell will be fortunate just to make the playoffs period. i doubt they get passed bi-d (if they're next to a district anyhow)

:confused: Didn't thses two teams play for the 2008 R4 championship? Gidding & Bellville return a ton of talent and you are saying they will be fortunate to make the playoffs? IMO, both teams could go farther than last season.

TexasHSFootball
07-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
They have Bellville winning that district? Man this magazine has really declined over the years.:(

I will ask Carl Padilla next time I see him, which could be tomorrow.

TexasHSFB
07-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Maybe they think Giddings is an overall better team, but maybe Bellville is the home team and they ,atchup well against Giddings?

Just a thought.

rancher
07-22-2009, 04:29 AM
Both teams will go deep into the playoffs. Hopefully Bellville will go D1 route.

Bulligator
07-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Maybe they think Giddings is an overall better team, but maybe Bellville is the home team and they ,atchup well against Giddings?

Bellville plays at Giddings on October 16th.

Matthew328
07-22-2009, 08:57 AM
just got off the phone w/Padilla in his rankings he's got Belllville higher and picked em to win district but rankings were changed due to Bellville's late coaching change. There you have it from the source!

duckhunter
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
both gidd/bell will be fortunate just to make the playoffs period.

:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: wow! did i really just read that?

TexasHSFB
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Bellville plays at Giddings on October 16th. Well, nvm then. :doh:

Z-RO
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
just got off the phone w/Padilla in his rankings he's got Belllville higher and picked em to win district but rankings were changed due to Bellville's late coaching change. There you have it from the source!

Good looking out ;) But it still should have been fixed in the magazine.

Bulligator
07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Some of the other information on players, etc. was also inaccurate. I noticed it had several Bellville players listed as juniors when they are seniors. Maybe the coaching change caused a lack of communication when Chancellor left for Pinetree, and there was no decision on a new coach for those 2 -3 weeks.

jrhernandez7
07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
he was right about being fortunate to make the playoffs in 25. but that is gona be said for every team in 25. we may see a oklahoma-texas bcs mess this year im thinking, were head to head may not mean nothing and matters how the cards well unfold. just matters how it all plays out when the 6 teams go at it. but whoever comes out this district i expect deep runs from 2 if not all 3 playoff teams in region 4.

zebrablue2
07-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
he was right about being fortunate to make the playoffs in 25. but that is gona be said for every team in 25. we may see a oklahoma-texas bcs mess this year im thinking, were head to head may not mean nothing and matters how the cards well unfold. just matters how it all plays out when the 6 teams go at it. but whoever comes out this district i expect deep runs from 2 if not all 3 playoff teams in region 4.

:iagree: